Hello Y'All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Oreille, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Oreille

Oreille Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/05/2014
      Hi Everyone. I am a biologist from East Tennessee. My T started 3 weeks ago, over a couple of days. I have it 24/7 now (while only occasionally at first). It is very fluctuating in pitch, volume and structures: sometimes pulsating (after physical activity or stress), sometimes one high pitched tone. Sometimes very low, sometimes louder. Sometimes one hear, sometimes "in the head", sometimes (often) with a feeling of full ear...Diversity is the spice of my tinnitus...

I was diagnosed with ear infection at the beginning, but 3 weeks of antibiotics and nasal spray + Allegra have not fixed the T problem, and still partially stuffed nose and sinuses. Had to stop a course of steroids because of the high anxiety it was inducing. Right now quite a lot of anxiety and fear about it of course, in particular after reading horror stories of T sufferers becoming suicidal etc, but I also have read wonderful stories of folks who just accept it and live happy lives (including my very own boss). I particularly appreciate this forum and I'll be sure to contribute to the constructive, positive (often) and informative (always) discussion.

Cheers at 11 kHz (and relevant harmonics)!

Oreille.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Oreille

Oreille Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/05/2014
      (continuation) And I experience also the fleeting/ transient spontaneous super-loud one (TST) daily - which almost got me into a panic attack once. I now (thanks to this forum) understand that there is nothing to be concerned or afraid about TST and that is does not mean that our regular T will become as loud as TST..

3. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      If you live in East Tennessee and are looking for an incredibly knowledgeable and experienced tinnitus clinician, one who won't feed you a line of bull or yank you around, talk to Dr. Mark Fagelson at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City. He's one of the very best!

Stephen Nagler

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Oreille

Oreille Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/05/2014

Thanks Dr. Nagler !! I am in Knoxville (UTK), but I may go to ETSU, absolutely. I am working with them on several (totally unrelated) things already, but I agree that Marc's CV is impressive, so I'll probably email him. I really appreciate the hint Stephen, thanks!

5. Bobo

Bobo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Stephen Nagler,

Any recommendations for the Northern Virginia or Washington, DC, area? Thanks.

• Creative Creative x 1