Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vickilynn, Oct 21, 2013.

1. vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      I can't remember when I first started noticing it but I have ringing in my ears. Had if for quite some time. It's not real severe and I've been able to ignore it most of the time, it hasn't been a real problem. However, lately I feel like it has increased a bit. I was looking on the net and found that tinnitus miracle site and was thinking of maybe downloading their book.....if it works with my Kindle....but it's not cheap and someone here says it's "crap" so now I'm not sure. And I'm no cook either so if what you have to do is real major I don't know if I'd stick with it.

2. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      Hello @vickilynn. That book is indeed a scam, don't buy it. Go through the forum for lots of good info on tinnitus. Protect your ears thoroughly and control your tinnitus. Looks like yours is very mild, that's a good thing. Hope it stays that way. Go through this for some general guidelines. Good luck! (y)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      Well unfortunately it has recently elevated. I woke up last night and it sounded very loud to me. I don't know why it would get louder all of a sudden. Plus I forgot to mention before I sometimes feel a "fullness" in my ears. My ears have been looked at recently with that light because of another issue and the doctor didn't see anything. I'm getting frustrated. :(

4. MT09
      Inspired

MT09 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress induced.
      That is so sad to hear! However, the 'fullness' that you talk about, that's common with most T sufferers. Did you change anything recently? Food, or any other routine? Maybe that's what caused the increase in your T? I really hope it's temporary. Try to find out if any activity you did lately caused it or any meds that you took. Keep us updated about what happens. :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      I haven't done anything different that I know of....but my memory isn't the greatest either. It's when everything's quiet that it gets to you the most.

6. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Vickilynn,

Have you noticed that your hearing has deteriorated or changed recently? Maybe it has something to do with that.

Or --- many of us who have had tinnitus for awhile have spikes, where our tinnitus gets worse for awhile, and then calms down again. You could just be experiencing a spike.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vickilynn
      Bookworm

vickilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Can't remember
      Actually my hearing is pretty good or I think it is anyway. I have had spikes before but they were very temporty from several seconds to no more than ohhh I don't know an hour or two. Sometimes it'll go up high temporarily and right back down and I don't know what causes that. We'll see what happens. It's certainly good to know I'm not the only one with the problem.

8. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Vickylynn,

I don't think that's unusual; tinnitus can be pretty crazy sometimes! Mine has gone up for more than a day at a time, then goes back down. I have no idea why. Sometimes I think a change in barometric pressure, or weather changes, can influence tinnitus. Or, sometimes when you're less distracted by life, you notice the tinnitus more. It's a mystery to me!

I hope yours calms down soon.

Best wishes,
      Karen