Help! Tinnitus + Pressure and Pain

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mike34, Oct 16, 2014.

1. MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's

He is pure gold isn't he? I love reading his posts! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Mike,

No, I don't think it's uncommon for those of us with tinnitus to have several tones, plus buzzing. There are so many things that could have caused your tinnitus, but since you've had neck problems, that is a good place to start looking for a cause.

Best wishes on your search, and I hope you find some answers!!!

3. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      Just1morething. where is your tumor located at? mine is c5 I just ask my reg. gp for a bone scan. he thinks im nuts. but hes not the one hurting and has buzzing... I just found out about 2 weeks ago. do you ache or hurt? do you think it has anything to do with tinnitus?

4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Hi @jeannie,:)

I would have to look at my MRI report and/or my CD. I'm not exactly sure it is a tumor, but a cluster of blood vessels. I don't think a hemangioma is serious though. I think mine is right next to my spinal cord.

You are not nuts, but there is a fair chance he is!:D (I'm of course kidding as I don't know your Dr.) I too am hurting & buzzing and miserable.:( My lower back nerves (sciatic I think) are causing my feet to burn and some numb feeling, so I would think your neck soreness could be the cause of your buzzing. I am looking into that currently and will update you as soon as I find out more. I'm trying to see a neurosurgeon and another orthopaedic Dr.--the process can be rather slow though. It could also be muscle related, just not sure.

• Genius Genius x 1
    5. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ok thanks. I have been to physical therapy 4 times and currently going... so I have gotten nowhere, also told I have fibromyalgia.. :( im hoping all this is muscle related.. I just don't know anymore.... yea im crazy after having tionnitus and neck pain almost 2 years;)lol yes please keep me updated and if I find anything out I will let you know as well.:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Thanks!:)

• Genius Genius x 1
    7. Hi Mike, I just wanted to comment that at the same time my H and T started so did my facial nerve pain. I was diagnosed with TN, however it's mild compared to most. Also before I had that issue, I have had TMJD for 10 years and in the last 2 years alot of neck pain and my occipital region is always tender and painful. I am just seeing Neurologist now after a year of suffering.

I do believe that all this is connected to our nerve conditions. I have used clonazepam with success for my nerve pain but sadly the T and H carry on...I do wonder if they will ever calm down and it's a little daunting to know who to go to for help without risk of more pain or worsening of ears.

I am thinking PT for my TMJD will be next stop.

• Hug Hug x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Wow. Yeah we have very similar issues. I'd love to connect over FB so we could possibly chat about treatments and doctors.

9. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      For those interested in diseases of the spine and its treatment using stem cells, here is a slightly edited response from a stem cell clinic that I have contacted. The response is, as mentioned, slightly edited in order to not disclose the name of the clinic as well as not to not disclose the pricing involved.

I do not have any opinion on how effective stem cells are in comparison to traditional surgery techniques (as applied to degenerative disc disease of the spine). So the following information is purely for informational purposes (as I have an interest in regenerative medicine). I am not a doctor; I am not affiliated with the clinic in question. I simply have an interest in stem cells and advances in regenerative medicine. No more, no less.
      My own interpretation of the response above is that stem cell treatments can be opted for if a less invasive option is preferred (as opposed to traditional spinal surgery - which probably comes with some amount of risk). The stem cell treatment on the other hand - and in my non-medical opinon - is probably close to risk free...

10. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      has anyone tried glucosamine sulfate for pain? if so did it make tinnitus worse?

11. Snow

Snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      For Mike34 Weird crawly feeling in your ears may be fluid flowing behind them. I am having too many problems to get into here, but that was one of them. I did not realize what is was until it quit on the right, pressure let up in ear, hearing got better AND salty taste on right side of mouth went away. I was tested for CSF leak using wrong test for me they put pledgets in my nose to catch the fluid which was not there. I told them that - but you know how it is - oh this will work! The salty taste is coming from my e tube and constantly and I can get it to slow down and so will the tinnitus. In fact if I can stay very still in the correct position the T goes away and I don't have the crawly feeling, which by now I realize is some sort fluid coming through eustachian tube. Do you still have it? Don't be surprised if you are not believed. Mine was salty but test was flawed as the pledgets to catch it would have to have been in eustachian tube. No way to do that. I have the DDD disease also and would like to know if anyone had a leak coming from cervical spine.

12. Snow

Snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mike34 Forgot to mention UPMC in Pittsburgh, Pa., can help you with the compressed nerve stuff. Call them you can get the number off the net.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mike34

Mike34 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Thanks. Yeah, mine isn't fluid I don't think. Things have gotten gradually better. The tinnitus is louder, but I'm dealing with it much better. I still have the crawly feelings and a humming sound/feeling, but those I'm working on dealing with as well. :) I can basically say I've "moved on" and am concentrating on enjoying life again, thankfully.

• Like Like x 2