Hi Friends

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fishbone, May 7, 2016.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hello,

I am fishbone and i have been battling this horrible thing called tinnitus since 1990. It has been a long journey and i am very proud that i have been fighting this thing for so so long. I totally understand all of your pains and frustrations. I have been there and I hope to help and comfort as much people as i can on this amazing board.

Please never give up, keep smiling and live your life. Tinnitus can lead to depression and many other things, try to stay motivated and move forward. If you do get emotional about tinnitus do get emotional but do not dwell on this thing. If you have any questions or need support i am here for all of you. I am well experienced and have dealt with the heartbreaks, so I been there and know how all of you good people feel :)

Be blessed....

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016

Its so Good to have someone so strong like you in these forums,
      thanks for the support!!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ty,

being strong is a must, we must not let this horrible thing keep us depressed and laying in bed all day long. Yes, i will admit that at times in my close to 30 years of battle against tinnitus i did want to sleep in all day and not do anything. This is the route many might take, but it is not the right route to take. Tinnitus really sucks, i will not try to sugar coat it, tinnitus is horrible but life is still a gift.

My biggest issue is the hearing loss over the tinnitus these days, tinnitus is horrible but you good folks still have a life t live and have to be there for friends and family. I took care of 2 sick parents for over a decade with this nasty tinnitus and believe me they were very sick and needed urgent care on a daily to weekly basis.

My message is for the new tinnitus sufferers, please do not lose hope. it is not the end of the world, you can and will cope. I got my tinnitus as a teen and it shattered my world, i'd ask my mom if she heard the noises i heard, i shed my tears as a teen and just grew up with it and thats life

never give up and live your life, it is still beautiful and you folks can still smile :)

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you for your brightening words. I think all of us here on this forum are here for one another, as there might be no one else in this world who understands the things we go through.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I will also say this much, go out of your house and do something. Walk, jog..go to the gym..do something. That something is what will not let you dwell on tinnitus. I lift heavy weights 4 days a week at the gym and it is my salvation. Find a hobby and do something, this is a must, you must not dwell and focus on tinnitus all day. Activity is the key and it helps a lot. My tinnitus is super super loud, i wish i just got a it yesterday and just had a soft tone.

mine is louder and harsher than most of yours, but that's life...I still go to the gym and lift like crazy and i still ask people to repeat themselves, there is no shame in any of it. Please have a hobby and live your life, i love the gym and no tinnitus will ever keep me in bed and not make me lift my weights. Find a hobby and get at it :)

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am here for all of you! I have lived with tinnitus for almost 30 years and any help i can give and support would be my honor :)

• Like Like x 2
    7. 21MELLIE

21MELLIE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I developed hearing loss and noise that sounded like effervescence about a year ago, suddenly. I got a hearing aid that actually helped a lot with the noise. Suddenly,again, last week the noise changed and noise is more distorted, can sound mechanical. It is much louder, I hear less and makes even weirder noises if I cough. I saw an ENT and she ordered another MRI for next week. Has anyone heard of this?

8. Christopher805

Christopher805 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neomycin
      Hi Fishbone,

What an amazing story of strength and commitment. I respect immensely your love and dedication to your parents despite your own condition. God Bless You. I take my hat off to you. Your story is inspiration for many who are dealing with this tinnitus. I look forward to your post to garner more insight on how you persevered and are living your life. Your account about laying in bed all day hit me like a ton bricks. What is it about the bed that sucks us in like a magnet? I hate it but find it hard to get away from it. Please share any insight in how to break this cycle. Again, wonderful testimony of strength, will, and love.

• Agree Agree x 1