How Can I Avoid Wanting to End My Life If Hearing Renegeration Programs Won't Be Successful?

Discussion in 'Support' started by punkaddict, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Do you have a source for that? Also, habituation doesn’t necessarily mean that a person doesn’t struggle with their tinnitus. In the US alone, 20 million people have chronic bothersome tinnitus and 2-5 million have severe cases.

Edit: Ah, Hubbard, he’s very one-sided and clearly tries to push his own personal agenda. He has implied the only reason people struggle is because they’re negative/anxious. His video also shows that he doesn’t understand that tinnitus can be debilitating in itself.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Given the source of the assertion and the unavailability of its own related scientific data source, I would take it with a grain of salt. The bigger issue, however, is the definition of habituation. Until you have (or whoever makes an assertion about it has) defined that, providing a number is pretty meaningless.

I consider myself habituated. I suspect my doctors do too, since I haven't bothered them about my T for years. That doesn't mean it's a success story or a positive outcome.