How Is Your Tinnitus When You Wake Up in the Middle of Your Sleep?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thongjy, Jul 3, 2015.

?

How Is Your Tinnitus When You Wake Up in the Middle of Sleep?

1. Louder

2. Normal

3. Quieter

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Does anyone experience tinnitus at either extreme loudness or totally no tinnitus during the middle of your sleep?

2. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      it's usually quieter that allows me to go to the toilet and get back to sleep(usually)

3. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I used to get woken by real loud T and it would startle me. Hasn't happened now for years.m instead I get exploding head syndrome! Ha ha. Talk about lucky. That scares the poop outta ya!

4. Brianna
      No Mood

Brianna Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No clue - too many causes.
      All this is redundant and I know there are new members here. Since I'm legally
      deaf and wear a cochlear implant (CI) 99% of the time during the day, it's a loud
      bother most of the time. I thought my rare ride on my motorcycle(s) yesterday
      would be better - has been in the past - I will not wear the implant on it, so buzzing increases.

At night, I tend to try to ignore the fact that the Titanic (robinbird coined that one) is
      going to make my head feel like ciadas and T noise fireworks. It doesn't scare me. It does carve out its
      usual hellhole and it is a sinking ship in many ways.

Now, I wish I could be optimistic but this is my reality.

5. Evian

Evian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Louder, but I am still scared by mind and haven't cracked a sleep routine. Vicious circle, bad sleep even worse T.

6. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      My T is loud when I awake but then goes down during the day it's always at its worse in the evening and first thing in the morning.

• Agree Agree x 3
    7. wishingluck
      No Mood

wishingluck Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure, but probably acoustic trauma
      mine is unpredictable. I might wake up with no problem after even a good night sleep, or wake up because Mr. T is literally screaming.

8. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      it's always there, but often (and it's the worst case scenario for me) I wake up in the middle of night with a really bad spike. It never happens during the day. During the day the T is the 'usual' or if I get 'spikes' they are much different and lighter, more like the occasional T i have experienced in past years, the occasional ringing, which only lasted for a few seconds. The nocturnal spike feels much different and violent

9. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      Louder but I am still able to go back to sleep. It's also louder in the morning for a few hours before it calms down to baseline.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Mine calms down a little bit when I sleep, I wake up and it's ok (loud static) but within 5 minutes of being awake it starts to get shrill and painful again.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    11. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Not only is it louder, but sometimes the physical sensation of a buzz saw whirring in my head is very strong. One night a few weeks ago it really felt like my brain was being sawed in half. Absolutely freaked me out.

As I wake up, I have the metallic hissing static, and then the tea kettle whistle joins in as soon as I'm completely awake. Idiotic neurons.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      T is usually distant from the focal point of my consciousness while I'm laying in quiet. Once in a while I wake up with a severe tone blast on one side or the other, but that only seems to happen when my stress and anxiety levels are not well managed.

13. wishingluck
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I get the loudest spikes when I am asleep. Sometimes I get no spikes, but often I do (while asleep). I started checking my blood pressure when I have these spikes and it's always higher. I never get these same spikes when I am awake

Also, I noticed that the T gets worse (but not the above mentioned spikes) when I go somewhere, suggesting again that the blood pressure increases and the T gets worse.

14. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Well I guess we can look forward to those few minutes a day where we are not totally awake yet. Lol. To be honest, it's kind of what keeps me going, I lay there and feel a bit normal for about 2-5 min before my T gets to unbearable levels again. It's about 20 percent quieter and way less shrill, I could function properly if it changed to that. It would still be loud and shity as hell but at least livable. Everyday I wake up and have this hope that it will stay lower, two years straight of daily let downs now :( maybe one day though!

15. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      Mine is always quieter in the morning.
      Some nights if I wake gently I find it is silent, so I end up lying listening to the silence. On others if I wake in a vivid dream it's louder, but I know if I go back to sleep it resets it again, I realise I need to complete my sleep to bring it down to its normal morning quiet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I have variable tinnitus. For me, this means that no two days are the same. It can be: silent, mild, moderate, severe or extremely severe.