How Long Will It Take Until I No Longer Have Fear and Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bazan, May 5, 2018.

1. Bazan

Bazan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had tinnitus for about 6 months now, how long does it take for the fear and anxiety to go away?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Everyone is different @Bazan so it's difficult to put a time frame on how long it will take for fear and anxiety to go away. Other factors are also of importance. One's home life and who they live with? Their work situation etc. If you are taking an antidepressant this will usually help but taking into consideration of what I've mentioned above, the rest is left to time and you may find counselling with a Therapist helpful too. Please click on the link below and read my post.

All the best
      Michael

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/can-tinnitus-counselling-help.22366/

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Hello
      It can take quite a bit of time for this to resolve and I know that this is scary.
      This will slowly pass and you are only 6 months with T so it is still very new for you.
      Stay on this forum and you will be supported.
      Eve
      @Bazan

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Bazan,
      Tinnitus comes with lot's of unwanted emotions and that is normal for most of us so try not to worry it is not you going funny it's a natural reaction but an unpleasant one.
      Over time this will settle down so make sure your sleeping and not gone off eating.
      I try think it's my stupid ears and no other reaction and go about my day.
      Lot's of time out doors helps take your mind off it and just be sensible and keep hearing protection with you if go in extra loud places.
      Love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bazan

Bazan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Can you then live a normal happy life? Or do you still feel persecuted every day?

6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Many people habituate to tinnitus and they are able to carry on with their life, doing everything that they want to. If you would like give me a call at some time please PM me.

All the best
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. New Guy
      Doh

New Guy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Yeah, that's me. :popcorndrink: When I get anxious I eat.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      It depends on your age, work, kids to support, where you live,etc... anything that bring on more stress ,besides your Tinnitus make things worse. Tinnitus link directly to your emotions.

I notice the days I feel happy, or think positive, even accept T and used it in someway to benefit yourself, mind, lifestyle. Those day are my best days . When I focus on my future it trigger a dominos effort. Anxiety, depression and very scared. It feed off your emotions like a parasites.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Bazan ,
      Yes you can live a decent life with tinnitus and you get on in life the more you put in.
      Stay positive and focus on improving your life to keep your mental Health positive and there is nothing positive about being negative.
      Love glynis x

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Jason37

Jason37 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      @Bazan Since I have gotten this I have met 4 people with T who didn't even know what it was called. Two of which have loud cricket and roaring T for over 30 years.

They just thought it was normal aging process and just let it go. I wish I didn't look up anything after I got it, because I had it for 2 weeks and it didn't bother me at all. Then I looked and we all know what happened from there.

Ask yourself why there are millions of T patients and only about 25,000 on this site....doesn't make sense. We just let it bother us because it shouldn't be there. I myself am guilty of catostrophic thinking....the fact I can't stop it makes me nuts.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Helheim
      Angry

Helheim Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      It doesn't go away.

12. Julryan

Julryan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 24 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tobramycin
      @Jason37 what you said is so true. I didnt freak out until i looked into it. And i think a lot of us on here are the more anxious type? I am. Not with everything but once i started looking into it my anxiety went nuts. I also know people who can just ignore it and right now, 2 weeks in i feel like ive been thrown into some kind of prison. Catastrophic thinking. "Ill never adjust... it will never go away... what if it makes me crazy" etc etc. But eventually we (usually) all habituate. Hopefully sooner, than later...

• Hug Hug x 1