How Many Tones Is It Possible to Hear? Is My Tinnitus Related to Superior Canal Dehiscence?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bizzie, May 26, 2021.

1. bizzie
      Depressed

bizzie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I have had bilateral ringing like an old CRT TV being on for as long as I can remember.

But I got suddenly constantly dizzy last year and since then the tinnitus has multiplied to very loud TVs, a railroad crossing bell (frequency) and some person pressing on a dial phone one button, for fifteen months...

After four doctors, ENT is thinking it might be related to superior canal dehiscence, but the journey continues.

Oh, and this has been every minute of the day since Feb 6, 2020.

Thanks for reading! Happy to be here amongst fellow tinnitus experiencers!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Isn’t there a test for that? I thought a CT or MRI was able to detect superior canal dehiscence.

I know that @Matchbox posted a new technique that can clearly identify PLF with MRI using contrast. Maybe have a look so you can get an accurate diagnosis.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bizzie
      Depressed

bizzie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for that. You are right. I probably should have given more of my story. CT for my temporal bone is being scheduled by ENT, as is a VNG test. Sounds like something he is looking to rule out. This is my fifth doctor, but first ENT. I had an MRI that found fluid so that’s why he wants to see more.

• Like Like x 1