How to Use Castor Oil in the Ears for Tinnitus Relief?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Joseygal, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Joseygal
      Amazed

Joseygal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I would love to hear from my fellow sufferers on putting Castor Oil in my ears. Here are my questions:

1. My tinnitus is only in my left ear. Do I still put the oil in both ears or just the one?
      2. I’ve been putting the oil in my left ear for 4 days. The tinnitus is worse. Does it get worse before it gets better?

Thanks team!

2. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      I think you should stop doing that now.
      My humble opinion.
      Daniel

• Agree Agree x 4
    3. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I'm sorry to have to tell you this, after you've started, but putting castor oil in ears to cure or lessen tinnitus is an old wives tale and possibly not a good idea, health-wise.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Go study tinnitus and look at the anatomy of the ear. Nothing that you put in your ear canal can help tinnitus unless your tinnitus is from earwax and it is something to remove the earwax.

The problem is usually from some sort of damage or disfunction of the inner ear and your eardrum blocks off anything, except a syringe, from getting from your outer ear to your middle ear, let alone your inner ear.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joseygal
      Amazed

Joseygal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks everyone for your replies. I’ve stopped putting the Caster Oil in my ears. I’m sad since I really thought it would help.

6. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Joseygal -- You may want to consider mullein-garlic oil... The following quote is from THIS POST. -- BTW, I tried castor oil as well, and like you, experienced increased tinnitus volume, though it was modest. I bought some mullein garlic oil drops, but have yet to try them. Still a bit gun shy I guess.

7. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      Castor oil didn't help my tinnitus either. Interesting the garlic oil post -- I have been using garlic some due to antifungal and heavy metal effects - I eat it raw and also put a slice in each cheek - initially I was trying to get rid of cold but found it reduced tinnitus.

If you don't want to put oil in your ear - I don't either after real bad tinnitus using sesame oil in my ears since I had not olive oil... dumb dumb dumb... you might treat your ear from the mouth side. Maybe swish the oil around like a tooth pull or gargle???

I don't know for sure... just putting it out there. Ear tubes drain into back of throat right? I think garlic has sulfur so if heavy metal related, the sulfur and mercury would bind - making the mercury sort of less toxic - so it couldn't stick to other molecules.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joseygal
      Amazed

Joseygal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      When I was on the internet trying to find something that would help, I not only found caster oil, but garlic could help as well. I ordered garlic supplements. They haven’t arrived yet, but I am going to try that. Since reading John Adams post, I am hesitant to put anything in my ear that won’t reach the source of the problem and may make matter worse.

I’ve noticed so many posts on Tinnitus talk about the noise but not about the sense of motion. Do you all experience the sense of motion as well?

9. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I wouldn't do it.

10. Jennitus

Jennitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head injury
      Thanks for the great ideas! I combined some of your wisdom, took slices of fresh garlic, and wedged them up close to the inner ear...my tinnitus started with a head injury and most likely damaged inner ear and/or auditory cortex, so I got as close to inner ear from the mouth side as possible. Minutes after I spit the garlic out (it burned!) I noticed a huge drop in volume of the sound! It worked better on one side than the other.

Anyway, I have a brilliant chiropractor, and she prescribed garlic in olive oil for an ear infection once and it worked like a charm! I'm doing it now. You must heat the olive oil first with the thinly sliced garlic and LET IT COOL. Soak up some oil with a cotton ball, lie down, squeeze into ear, and place the cotton ball gently into ear. I'm lying here and notice an improvement already. Good luck, everyone!

11. Deborah Waite

Deborah Waite Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/20/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 pill
      I also have put castor oil in ears but only once and my tinnitus increased. Will it most likely return to baseline?