Hydroxyzine?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rina, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Is hydroxyzine good for anxiety? Will affect my T? Debating to take it or not?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hello anyone? Please help!!!!

3. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      It's great for a good nights sleep. Not sure of it makes t better but it is an antihistamine so it shouldn't. If anything it will dry up secretions.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Thanks @SleeplessSoul ! I have 2 little ones and my husband is a truck driver so he travels a lot ... I am still not sure .. Does it make you drowsy? I'm here alone and if God forbid I need to take my kids somewhere I don't know if it's a good idea...

5. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Yes it kicks butt!!! I have used it formyearsnfor migraine related nausea and pain and the fear that comes along with that pain. You need to sleep a lot after you take it so having two little ones to care for, isn't advisable.ismit just for anxiety that you need something Rina?
      There are other less sedating meds like lorazepam. I take that too.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      @SleeplessSoul hi... I do need something fort anxiety.. My T is definitely lower than 7 weeks ago but my anxiety levels are on the rise... I have 3 Xanax pills I was given until i see my primary care physician on April 30th. I got them cause I had a panic attack and the urgent care doctor gave them to me but he was not happy about it. I still have the hydroxyzine too. My mom is now here with me helping me. Last night I could not sleep at all I was vomiting shaking you name it!!!! And it was not that T was crazy .. It was my mental state ... I also got some magnesium which I saw on this forum that some take it to help sleep.. What is your intake???

7. raymundo2245

raymundo2245 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Dam, people here are trying alot of meds i didnt know about a year ago that i got T, but i am willing to try what Danny Boy said trobalt, its got side effects but its worth a try! I hope you get better Rina! I have anxiety as well hut T kicks the shit out of it!

8. CallMeTC

CallMeTC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, searching....
      Hi Rena,

I know this thread may be a little old, but wanted to post the information I found on Hydroxyzine. Unfortunately, listed right in the description of side effects, tinnitus is called out and the drug is considered potentially ototoxic as a result. It does mention that it is a more rare side effect, however, considering that we are all here because we already have it, I would stay away from it.

I have been trying melatonin for sleep the last couple of days, playing with dosage between 3mg and 10mg to find effectiveness and consistency without a morning fog. As another potential benefit, melatonin has been known to sometimes reduce the severity of tinnitus flair ups for those without the noise induced variety.

Good luck!