I Can Hear My Pulse When I Lie Down on My Right Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by in_LA, Jan 27, 2023.

1. in_LA

in_LA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      This just started yesterday. I've been having some minor Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (ETD) issues but it may not be related. Yesterday I went to get a carotid ultrasound of my neck at the neurologist, I felt they were a little rough, I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I sometimes feel when I'm sitting still that my body moves or bops to the rhythm of my pulse. I can only hear the cracking when I lie down on my right ear. I'm also pre-diabetic and don't know if my blood pressure has changed.

I'm seeing my neurologist this February 6th. Are there any tests that can be done? What kind of doctors should I see?

Could this turn chronic or is this solvable? Any success stories here? I've been having chronic dizziness, palinacousis and frankly I don't need any more problems in my life. One last thing I should add the cracking becomes less audible the longer I lie down and stay still but still noticeable.

Someone please respond as I'm super nervous this could become chronic.

2. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      @in_LA, your title says you hear your pulse when you lie down on your right ear, but your description says you hear cracking. Which is it?

I think you always start worrying immediately after something new happens. I wonder if you're a little hypochondriac or OCD? I can't blame you because ear stuff is scary but you really shouldn't worry so much. It's totally normal to hear a pulse when you put your ear against a pillow. Maybe you just hadn't paid attention to it before. It's definitely not pulsatile tinnitus.

You need to stop analyzing your ears and listening for every sound. Our bodies make a lot of sounds and most of them are normal.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      in_LA

in_LA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I never heard my right ear do this before. When I lie down on my right ear, I can hear a cracking or a whooshing sound, it's very real and it's loud enough for me to notice it. I've been having health issues that have been out of my control, like my body bopping to the pulse of my body, been dealing with that for a few months, there's times when it's barely present. If I kneel down and get up fast, I feel like I could pass out.

I really don't appreciate what you're saying, I'm reacting this way because I've been having one issue after the other. When I lie down on my right ear, I can still hear it. Imagine if someone said you're a hypochondriac everytime you talked to someone about tinnitus. I ask you to please retract your comment if you're unwilling to provide any insight as to what it might be that I'm experiencing.

• Hug Hug x 1