I Could Jump Off a Bridge

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by marc 1974 london, Dec 6, 2017.

1. marc 1974 london

marc 1974 london Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      Wow just how do you cope with this, it's awful.

I've had tinnitus since i was 8 after a school disco, who knows i may have just been a person that would have had it at some point.
      Every now and then it's worse sometimes it's such a part of me it's pleasant as silly as that may sound, but sometimes it''s just plain angry like the last 3 days.
      Not sure if it's gotten worse due to a 30 minute spin on motocross bike or taking meds for bad back Tramadol and naproxen, but it's now unbearable i actually held my head last night & pleaded for it to stop...Anxiety & panic has been awful, i've declared to myself i can't live with this it's like chaos, it must be like living with some sort of schizophrenia.

I've read a few nice threads on here & just downloaded an app which replicates the high pitch so i can hear it on the phone not in my head that helps a bit surprisingly so.
      How on earth do you plan on living with this? it's so high pitched it almost hurts physically, the sound is piercing.... I'm normally working towards a brighter future 4 kids & mrs along for the ride, honestly i could throw myself in front of a train.

Anyone got any quick fixes i'm not sure i can cope with this.

Sorry sound morbid i guess it's common as this is so awful.

Adious

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. RichardGuy
      Depressed

RichardGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16/17, At Age 20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acute
      Honestly I'm just waiting for clinical trials on that haircell-regrowth stuff to start in the next eight or so months.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    3. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      God I really, really, really hope it works. My issue isn't hearing loss, but I want tinnitus to get better for those who it is the issue. I want to think it will work, but I don't know if it will work....

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @marc 1974 london ,
      Have you tried white noise generators or hearing aids?
      They can really help if have any hearing loss.
      Love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      Nothing seems to work I put on noise and just get to listen to both

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      i've found one on you tube that cancels it out, the sound isn't the best to listen to but i'm actually going to try and embrace the screeching see if i can start early to live with it as it is.. it's awful but i think i'll get on top of it..it's louder than my office with 11 people in it. I'm staying in the positive posts on here

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @marc 1974 london You say that you are staying in the positive posts here, but you also say that your high pitch is piercing and that you could throw yourself in front of a train or jump off a bridge. I think that you can benefit from also reading posts where others have high pitched tinnitus. That's where coping mechanisms are found such as mindfulness.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Embracing is what life is all about. I have high pitched tinnitus and nothing can mask it. I'm ok with the screeching, but i hate the hearing loss that I have. At times my screeching gets way way worst and I do need some relief. I have beltone hearing aids and I use them rarely for their built in nature sounds. It helps at times and is good to have, just incase I need it :)

Never give up, tomorrow is a new day!

• Like Like x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      i don't disagree with you at all i'm just all over the place to be honest, the anxiety & panic is as bad as the ringing...i'm trying to just be positive, maybe falsely so ..where are these posts ?

10. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      That anxiety and panic horror show was all I remembered during my first 6 months of ultra high pitch T and, worse, severe hyperacusis on top of T. So I have true empathy for what you are experiencing. If my experiences and strategies in my success story can be of help, here is the link for it.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

For high pitch T, you may try high frequency natural sounds, such as heavy rain (no breaks), cicadas, waterfall, crashing waves, even shower sound. I used to use even squeaky faucet sound. But most T veterans say that you don't need to overpower T sound entirely in masking. Set the volume slightly lower than T so your brain can get used to that sound and so will have a better chance to habituate to it. Don't try to project a catastrophic future based on the worse time of suffering during the initial stage of a new T or a huge spike. That was the mistake I made and I suffered so much for it unnecessarily. Nowadays life is good and very enjoying even with the high pitch T blasting. I just came back from 2 weeks cruise on the largest cruise ship to the Caribbean. So much fun and new things to see and experience. The heck with T. I never thought I can stare down my screaming T during those days when the mere hearing of it sent my brain into panic and trauma. No longer. I could hear it above the jet noise during flights but the brain is now hardened to the scream and don't give a dime. T's tyranny over me is over. Good life can be back. Don't give up and don't listen to those dark thoughts. Give it time. God bless.

Here are some sites with masking sounds if you need some more options:
      1) Mask at bed time if having trouble sleeping, by using a sound pillow or sound machine with pillow speakers. There are good sound machine & pillow therapy systems like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Oasis-...d-Oasis-Therapy-System-Speakers/dp/B00MH5HKTA

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune. If you have a smart phone, you can download free APPs for soothing or T-masking sounds. Use wisdom in the use of headphones or earbuds as extended use or excessive volume may hurt your ears. Try set the volume slightly below that of your tinnitus.

3) With PC & speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds to see which one masks best:

TT's excellent audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: https://mynoise.net

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or click play to mix these sounds with this simple sound generator: http://asoftmurmur.com/

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'heavy rain', 'cicadas', etc.
      and this one may help too for residual inhibition effect (set the volume low first):
      MOST POWERFUL TINNITUS SOUND THERAPY 1...

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress

how wierd i'm at work i've been listening to that all night it's excellent, had it on the t.v. at home i played with the kids & had a nice day. That video does mask the high pitch perfectly

• Like Like x 2
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      marc 1974 london

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise i think ? stress
      kind words thank you

• Like Like x 3