I Feel Lost

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Llouiseandhector, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Llouiseandhector

Llouiseandhector Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music maybe
      Hello first of all I would like to say I wish everyone good health.

For a good while I have been suffering from this ear fullness and ringing and heartbeat sound in ears mainly at night.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the ear fullness because it's day in and day out and that is the hardest part of all this. I have seen 2 ENT consultants the first one said it will go away after 10 days (well it's been months since then and it's still around ) the 2nd ENT consultant said he doesn't really know and has made an appointment for me to see someone who deals with hearing/balance he did send me for an MRI/MRA which came back normal. I have decided to pay again this Friday and have another ENT appointment before I see the lady who deals with hearing and balance.

I'm just feeling so isolated really with this I don't feel anyone believes me really. And I'm going mad with it all.

Thank you for reading this I know you all have problems of your own on here so thank you all for taking the time to just read this. Louise

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I see that you've only been a member since Saturday. There's a thread regarding "feeling of fullness in the ear." Have you already checked it out?

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/feeling-of-fullness-in-the-ear.592/

There's also a support section for "Pulsatile Tinnitus."

I don't have either of these conditions so I am not able to offer any helpful suggestions based on my own experience.
      However, I do hope you'll find some helpful info in these sections.
      Good Luck!

3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Have you done a hearing test?
      Did the ENT do any Rinne/Weber tests to check any conductive losses?

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Most people eventually experience their ear fullness going away. Ears can take months to heal...

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      for me, the ear fullness is usually a sign of inflammation/irritation/tension in the muscles and ligaments that support the TMJ -- which can also trigger increases in my tinnitus. Sleeping with an expensive night guard, doing stretches and watching my posture helps.

• Like Like x 1
    6. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Years?

• Agree Agree x 2
    7. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It is often difficult for people who have never experience tinnitus to understand it or appreciate the psychological torture that it is. Try not to blame them, they have no frame of reference to base an understanding from.

The good news is that you found this forum, and I hope, now, that you realize that you are not alone. We believe you because we have experienced what you are going through. And, when you feel alone, we will be here to help you. You will find many helpful people who understand what you are going through and will be willing to help you as you learn to cope with this difficult affliction.

There is a fairly good chance that you may revoker. @Bill Bauer wrote the following post discussing studies that show a fairly high recovery rate from tinnitus ( https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-over-70-recover-3-studies.21441/ )

It is also important to maintain a positive attitude. It can be helpful. @billie48 wrote his success story demonstrating how positivity helped him habituate.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

And, to see how the opposite can affect you, @Michael Leigh wrote the following, excellent post on negativity and tinnitus:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tinnitus-and-the-negative-mindset.23705/

But, the most important thing to take away from this is that you are not alone, you have found people who believe you, understand what you are going through, and will provide comfort and support. I am sorry you had to join this forum, but I am glad you are able to find us. I hope that you find all of the comfort, support, and information you need as you fight your battle with tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1