I Hated the Silence Until I Lost It

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ramòn, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Ramòn

Ramòn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      15/04/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Desconocido
      Hello everyone, first I would like to apologize for having to use a translator, I do not know English but I am learning it.

I introduce myself, my name is Ramón, I am 28 years old, I am from Spain and as the title says, I have never liked silence.
      This does not mean that I listened to music all day, on the contrary, I just preferred to have a background noise like the fan instead of silence.

Exactly 11 months ago the tinnitus appeared, it was a Friday night when after watching a movie with my brother I went to sleep and the next morning I was there.

Honestly I do not know what could have produced it, but I do not rule out anything, a hearing loss (although according to the tests I do not have it), problems with the TMJ (since the tinnitus appeared, my teeth have not been re-fitted in the same way), problems cervical / muscle or even pressure problems in the ears (It happens to me of all the life and with a lot of frequency that there is a vacuum in the ear and a beep is heard) so I do not know what could have produced it maybe a set of all

The main sound is in the left ear 24/7 and sounds like 2 tones, similar to a morse code, but longer, it is difficult to explain and then I have another that is a general static tone in both ears (the latter I think is more due to muscular tension because it sharpens me with movements of neck and jaw) that bothers me less
      I also have slight hyperacusis to certain sounds, but I've noticed that with the valsalva maneuver two things happen, 1st that I do not mind the sound and 2nd that while I perform it I do not hear the sound, does anyone else pass it? have if someone can respond to that.

To end thank you for being there, I have been following and reading from the beginning and I have found great relief in you.
      Also thank in advance to whom answer and nothing more, a greeting and pray for your improvement and mine

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      First of all, your English sounds fine, you don't need to worry about it.
      Please be careful with Valsalva maneuver. Several people on this forum got their tinnitus as a result of this maneuver.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Layla23
      Bookworm

Layla23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bars/nightclubs/MRI
      I can translate for you if you ever need it.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    5. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I hope not to be disrespectful with the rest of the forum but I am going to answer to Ramon in Spanish as is my mother tongue:
      Hola Ramon!
      He leido el mensaje privado que me has enviado. No se porque motivo pero no puedo responderte. No encuentro ninguna opcion que me permita hacerlo. Si quieres puedes contactarme por whatsapp y te comento lo que se sobre el MuteButton de Neuromod. Mi numero es el seisseisseis treintaytres cerotres sesenta. Un abrazo!

6. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Tambien eres de España?