I Have Tinnitus, Now What...

Discussion in 'Support' started by fishbone, Jun 2, 2018.

1. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Hi folks,

it's Fish reporting in with another post, that will shed some light on a question many newcomers always ask.

I have tinnitus, now what am I going to do? This a questions that many have asked and will always ask.

The first thing that I would do is try to understand WHY tinnitus has come into our lives. This is not an easy thing to do but folks, tinnitus will not just come for no reason.

Tinnitus usually comes because of the following reasons:
      1.Loud sounds/music
      2.Medications
      3.Stress
      4.TMJ
      5.Illness

I would for sure try to understand WHY this is happening. We cannot 100% pinpoint at times, but its worth a try. I knew WHY my tinnitus came into my life, It was because of an illness that almost took my life and then followed up with rock concerts.

Now that the tinnitus is here, how are we going to deal with it? Tinnitus will make you adjust your life. There is no other way. We need to find a strategy that will work for US and work for the TINNITUS. We have to come up with a game plan.

Folks, just because tinnitus has come, we shall not just stick up the white flag and yell "I GIVE UP".

Coming up with a plan will take lots of time and lots of effort. I highly suggest that you do it yourself or get together with people that love you and work on a game plan.

This game plan does not need to be complex at all, it can be simple things that will make a good impact on your life and on the lives of those that love you.

As an example: If you use to go to bars and socialize there, maybe you can go to a beautiful setting in a garden with natural/tranquil sounds and enjoy your time there. This is a shift from an old setting to a new one.

As an example: if you use to go to the gym and do dance cardio classes, maybe you can start doing mindful yoga in a quiet place.

ALL of us need to make adjustments with tinnitus, it's unfortunate but it has to be done. My post is to let you know that we CAN make the adjustments and we CAN still live our lives. It takes time to get use to our new lives but IF we work on the adjustments, then it is all possible.

Every day can bring new hope. Every small step forward/every small victory, eventually adds up to a HUGE gain in our lives. It's not an overnight success.

One of my favorite phrases "Rome was not built in a day". Folks our lives POST tinnitus takes LOTS of time and adjusting. It's those baby steps each day that slowly get things going again.

This post simply tells us, that we NEED a new game plan for our lives. Life can still be a blessing and need to always be thankful for it.

An adjustment that must be made, is to for sure avoid stress and negative people and situations. This is a major adjustment that needs to be made. Avoiding loud sounds and places must also be made.

I got tinnitus over 30 years ago and I was a wild child and lived my life to the edge and fullest. I was humbled by tinnitus and my other health issues. I made plenty of adjustments in my life and now it is paying off. You can do the same and make the needed adjustments that will help you live a good life with your tinnitus.

Don't ever think for one second, that you can't do this. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Make those adjustments, keep moving forward and NEVER GIVE UP!

PS-Come up with a game plan, stick to it. It can be hard at first trying new things, but you can do this. I do this daily and try to improve my life and my outlook on life. In the end we are simply trying to not make our tinnitus worst and make our lives better....

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @fishbone,
      Having a tough time with my ears .
      Lovely to read your posts.
      Love glynis

• Hug Hug x 10
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Julryan

Julryan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 24 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tobramycin
      @fishbone thank you again. I re-read your posts and they lift me up. Im grateful.

@glynis Im sorry you are having a hard time with your ears today. I wish you relief. Hoping it will get better soon.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aww Glynis :(

I'm sorry you are going through some rough patches. This past 5 months has been very difficult for me. LOTS of ups and downs. Each day has been a trying effort. Keep your chin up and be strong like you are. Today might have it's share of hardship, but there is always tomorrow/ a new day/ a new beginning. I manage to have lots of bad days myself and if i can find a happy/easier day I take it. Lately things slowly have turned around and I wish you the best and I know YOU will be OK :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As I always say, If i can make a difference in one person's life.....Then my mission is accomplished
      :beeranimation:

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      • Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Glad you liked it. I post to inspire people this site and it feels good to get such great feedbacks as well :)

• Like Like x 2
    8. john paul
      English

john paul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I admire your attitude.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Mystery Reader

Mystery Reader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still Under Investigation
      @fishbone
      Really needed this today. Thanks for the great post!

@glynis
      Sending support and love! You have been such a tremendous help to me since I joined this forum and to SO many others. Truly hoping today will be a better day for you and that things will settle down. You're in my thoughts. Thank you so much for everything you do for everyone here.

Mystery Reader

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      @glynis im sorry you’re having a tough time, like many have said you are one of the most genuine, kind hearted people on here. Always takes time out to message people and help them. I hope you get over this little blip and start feeling better soon as I know you have a lot going on health wise apart from T.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      On a side note, it’s good to see you back Jcb.

• Like Like x 2
    12. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      Cheers buddy.

• Like Like x 1