I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well thank you, we have had many people try speakers. It is maybe 10% effective that way. For full benefits the headphones must be close to the ear/brain connections. With that being said I do play it on speakers on low as background noise during day, it does help but the magic happens at night when you are in alpha state, there are no distractions and this is when the tinnitus is knocked out.

new group t gone 2.PNG

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I can't say it enough, when all else fails read instructions. You must use all night every night for 3 weeks or the tinnitus will reform.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yea, we just started testing on hyperacusis, I would be carful, it is not like normal tinnitus.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Every one says that, play on low volume and you can, if a 6 year old girl can do it you can. Here is her thank you letter to me, I don't cry but I did when she sent it to me. And remember it changes into a soothing relaxing sound, I know that don't make sense but that is what happens.

testimony t gone 6-2.PNG

5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      If EMF is believed to play a role, then distance from the ear to the coils is important since the EMF attenuates very quickly with distance.

• Like Like x 1
    6. incelitus
      Question it

incelitus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      qtip gangbang/kurt cobain
      This letter reads like what a very dumb adult would write thinking of a child writing a letter.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      I guess/hope mom or dad helped a bit with this letter...

8. Francesco

Francesco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi lovely people,

I feel like the sound has a positive effect on me. What I mostly notice is that the component of my tinnitus that varies constantly is gone. It happened in the past already so go figure, sure enough I am listening to it whenever I can.

Problem: at night I can't really keep my Koss headphones on. It just does not work. I sleep on a side or belly down and I always end up losing them or almost choking myself :) Is there any wireless earplugs or something along those lines that can reproduce up to 24 kHz as the Koss?

Also sometimes when the sound changes drastically and quickly I get scared and wake up. I guess lowering the volume would help. I am listening at 30%.

• Like Like x 2
    9. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Can't you order the headband from this website and put in the Koss headphones? I think it will be possible to sleep on my side with these and they won't move, that's what I will try I think.
      They sell the headband without speakers for 20 dollar

https://www.sleepphones.com/products/sleepphones/sleep-headband

10. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      How many days have you been wearing them?

11. Francesco

Francesco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      3 or 4 days for 4-5 hours a day. I am also going through neural therapy and some specific diet though. I guess it's all together that's yielding these small results.

• Like Like x 2
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Brian Douglas - the moderator of the largest Facebook tinnitus group sent it to me. I have no doubt it is real!!!

testimony t gone 6 year old.PNG

This is the message he sent before he sent the letter.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Cut a hole in a foam pillow and you won't even know you have headphones on. You can also get these:

pads for koss.PNG

• Informative Informative x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Cut a hole in a foam pillow and you won't even know you have headphones on. Use a sock hat over headphones and they will stay in place.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Brian Douglas sent it to me. He is the moderator of the largest tinnitus group (21,000 members) on Facebook.

testimony t gone 6 year old.PNG

Look, it is real!!!

16. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      So, about 4 hours of listening yesterday, slept with this as well.
      No change so far, in fact having a rather bad day today.
      I don't mind listening to the sound, it masks my tinnitus somewhat so I am cool with that.
      I am fully expecting this to have no effect but will persist for a few days.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    17. SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      What I'm about to write flies in the face of basic common sense and some of what I used to know about biology. I realize that and accept I might be called crazy, a wacko and maybe a troll.

I was getting in the shower earlier and noticed to my horror that my penis was about half the size it used to be. My testicles were fine.

Sorry for the graphic imagery, IDK how to explain it differently. So in the shower, I'm thinking I need to test if it still works. It was very hard to get it up, the but when I did it worked fine, even better than before.

I later realized that it meant probably that my suspensory ligament was reinjured and what happens is your penis retracts. I had no other forms of sexual dysfunction so I thought it couldn't have been the hormones.

I tore my suspensory ligament down there 5 or 6 years ago. It never healed properly, even when I had a long "non invasive period". But the thing is, I had not reinjured myself, I was sure of it, theres was no pain and I had been careful.

Otherwise I was better than before .It then occured to me. What if the sound is helping it heal? When you injure it, the body does something similar to help it heal. I thought there's no chance of that, though it does heal hearing supposedly.

I then realized that during the day I had the iPod with the earphones in my sweater pocket and I forgot to turn it off. I then figured if I'm playing the sound to my damaged ears, the ligament can't be more dangerous.

I had just had a shower so it was fine hygienically. I put the earphones on the pubic bone and played the sound, louder than what my ears got.

A short test 15 minutes later revealed it had healed even more and I had gained sensitivity plus the penis was at more of an angle before, for years, I'd not miss it.

Mr. Case hypothesized that the sound works by neuromodulation. But the devices coming out require body stimulation and from what I heard the sound they play from headphones is more white noise resembling plus they don't help hearing.

What if most, if not all the gains in tinnitus loudness come from actually healing the hair cells when playing the sound? And what if this also works on other body parts?

It would mean R. David Case found the MFin' holy grail. I think it's worth a shot to try. I have no other injuries to heal, but I have tested on the pubic bone some more.

The most troubling symptom of the ligament tear was losing erections without stimulation really fast, we're talking 3 seconds.

It is now at normal time and I've gained sensitivity and it's more straight, the erections are still a bit harder to achieve but it's improved as well.

Though 420+ people tested it, I doubt they stumbled on the same thing as me and they tried to heal some other aliment.

As for my tinnitus, it's better than before, but not by much, at least not yet. I was having some insomnia unrelated to the sound and still haven't been able to sleep with the headphones on.

I'd be interested if somebody open minded could test this out as well, what I spoke about earlier.

I realize it sounds more than ridiculous but I have no other way of explaining what happened to me and my injury.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
      • Funny Funny x 2
    18. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      I don't know what to say but if it works for you, great!

Me personally, I'm gonna try it on my ears.

Just received the headphones yesterday and tried it for about two hours during the day.

I'll try it during the night when I have a week off work end of the month because I need all the sleep I can get now.

But so far so good, having a very quiet day today but too early to tell due to placebo effect or the fact my tinnitus fluctuates a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well I was not going to mention an experiment I did like yours because i did not want to distract from helping people with tinnitus, but since you are verifying what I suspect... that my sound mix is healing brain/ear/nerves in general with R.I.F.E type frequencies!!!!

A few years ago I took one of the Koss headphones off of the band and put it in my mouth, JUST to see if it would knock out my tinnitus quicker. To my amazement a tooth moved up into the wisdom tooth area, I am not saying anything except I think the tooth was just sitting there waiting and when the sound mix hit the tooth it PROVOKED it to move into place.

The only problem I am half British and half American Indian, when the British mixed with Indians it gave us too many teeth. So I do think you are correct, there are frequencies that heal, Jimmy Hendrix was experimenting with tones that heal just before he died.

names rem 5.PNG

• Like Like x 2
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Exactly, that is what I am finding!

21. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Is it normal for your ears to feel warm after listening with the headphones and do you put the volume above or below the volume of your tinnitus?

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes, that's normal.You want to use 30% volume (LOW) for first few days, then use at comfortable level every night all night, if it stops in the night the tinnitus could reform.

hearing aids work therapy.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    23. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      I'm having a little trouble with understanding the word "reform", you mean as in the tinnitus coming back or changing pitch or becoming worse??

Can you please explain because "becoming worse" is not an option for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      @gorzakus,
      I would wait the results of the "trial groups" if I were you.
      This procedure seems potentially harmful to me.

• Like Like x 1
    25. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Yes, there aren't many on here trying it which is totally understandable if you have to wear headphones all night during three weeks... A lot of people including myself avoid headphones like the plague.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      o_O this needs to be published in a medical journal.

• Funny Funny x 9
    27. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Does not work for my tinnitus so far but I have had a non stop boner the whole time while testing, wonder if it's connected?

:p

• Funny Funny x 6
    28. jmasterj
      No Mood

jmasterj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic?
      Call me crazy, but I tried this yesterday using the specified headphones and it has seemed to help. I don't know if it is coincidence or not and by no means is my ringing gone, but it seems to have decreased in volume. I did not use it overnight as directed, because I am leery of wearing headphones overnight. I won't have time to try this over the weekend, but will probably give it a try next week again.

• Like Like x 2
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You should not start and stop therapy, in between using sound mix the tinnitus will try to reform, you must use all night every night for 3 weeks, if you just play around with it the tinnitus will come and go.