I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      That is indeed good news @SoundB0und. Happy for you. How would you say your overall tinnitus and hyperacusis compares pre- and post-Tinnitus Mix?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      I totally agree with you, 30 percent is way too loud for me and I'm not even having bad hyperacusis.
      15 maybe 20 percent max for me was the limit.
      Maybe it's because of the fear of the headphones syndrome I got when I started reading Tinnitus Talk.

• Like Like x 1
    3. SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Well I've also been using my lasers from Konftec since mid June so 8 months of that as well and that really helped me too. I was a really bad case, there is no way I could have listened to the sound file at any volume during the night if I didn't do the lasers for 6-7 months before.

How much my hearing in the audiogram has improved I will find out in a few weeks, going to set an appointment today, after which I will post my success story and hopefully the audiograms if I can get them emailed to me. The ENT told me to come back in a year and it'll be a year in March.

She was visibly shocked at how bad my hearing was. I used to be unable to flush the toilet without some serious pain and used to wear earmuffs for it. Running water in the sink and slowly turning a pill bottle were painful. I have been up many nights with like 3x dose of strong sleep med during the first part of last year, meaning I didn't fall asleep for a minute.

I could not read books. I didn't understand speech at times. At 8 kHz my hearing loss was 85 decibels if I remember corrctly and quite possibly worse in higher frequencies, there was a very sharp dip and then the "wall" of 8 kHz came. I could go on but there's not much point.

I would say most of the improvement has still been the lasers, but the mix has improved my tinnitus and hyperacusis. It is very difficult to say what percentage was the mix and what the laser, maybe 80 laser and 20 the mix, but I've been using at very low volume and only 3 weeks pretty consistently. I'm using lasers for 30 minutes during the day and the mix at night, the laser is still helping me.

My tinnitus fluctuates between like 1.5 in the morning sometimes when its very mild to 3 or maybe maximum 4 at the worst moments, it is easy to tune out whatever the volume is now. It used to be 10 out of 10 drilling into my head, thus the things I described earlier.

Yes, for sure, I feel it might take much longer for me because the volume is so low.

Thanks for the well wishes everybody.

Edit: I should add, part of the reason my volume needs to be so low is probably because synthetic sounds, meaning from speakers and headphones, spike my tinnitus way more easily than normal sounds of same volume.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That's great, I hope it never comes back!!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I am happy you feel Tinnitus Mix is helping you!!! Keep it up and maybe it can be eliminated!

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yea thats something, I have cured many with the Koss KTX-PRO1 's who were told never put headphones on. Just goes to show you there is always new technology that comes along and blows all theories out of the water.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I would use on very low. Thanks for trying my Tinnitus Mix, your experience could help many others if you can figure out the parameters of using Tinnitus Mix with your condition!

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Now that's funny, if I ever would have had children I was going to name the boy Justin... lol

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I know it is at first, but it really does change into a soothing sleep aid, I know that does not make sense to you right now. One person I cured said the sounds were like being on the beach, radio playing between stations while a train is going by and a jet taking off all at once... lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    10. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You would name your son Justin? What are you, a WWE wrestler?

I have listened to it twice at work today, it is horrible to listen to. Is there no way you could make this mix a bit more pleasant?

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I really am proud of all of you, what we do here could help millions suffering with tinnitus, if we can perfect the process it could open up new beginnings for many people, end their torture and give their lives back!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It was just a joke that I would name a boy Justin. As for the harshness I have thought about mixing it with music and or other sounds but I come to the conclusion ..."don't fix something that works" and besides it gets much much better once your brain gets used to it. If it stayed harsh I don't think I would be here debating this, it seems to change in the users perspective over 3-9 days into pleasant sounds. And once the tinnitus leaves people really crave it.

vic letter 17.PNG

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      It's great to hear that the Tinnitus Mix is giving you positive results even though you're not listening to it at an adequate volume. I hope it keeps on improving.

I'm gonna wait for a bit more info and then go for it. I haven't got hearing loss and a constant tinnitus that for the last 5 months now hasn't given many signs of wanting to fade (very little positive days).

• Like Like x 1
    14. RichL
      Inspired

RichL Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Terrible day today, woke up with my right ear back to its horrible raging best, hopefully this is just a minor hiccup.

• Hug Hug x 3
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Did you get the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones? Turn down the volume.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You should try it.

17. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unexpected meetings today, so I couldn't listen to it all of today. Will give this a few more days to see if I can do three weeks. As for sleeping with this - no way. I don't know if this can ever be seen as "soothing". I also don't know if this crazy method works, I could keep up listening to this on an ongoing basis.

18. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Hope you feel better soon, take care!

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @Drone Draper --This is a real legitimate excuse, right? After all those "less than complimentary" things you've said about the "Tinnitus Mix", I can't help but wonder... ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well no disrespect but if a 6 year-old girl can do so can you, here is a message Brian the moderator of a 21,000 member tinnitus group sent me and the thank you letter from the girl:

brian cures 6 year old.PNG
      testimony t gone 6-2.PNG

• Like Like x 2
    21. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I didn't want to go to the meeting!

"Could you come to this meeting?"

"No, I'm busy listening to the T... nevermind. Fine."

Hahahaha that Kacey got guts!

Btw, when I disparage the sounds of this, it's not to be inflammatory. I think it is probably giving me some benefit. Today was the first time in a long while my alarm woke me up. I'm not attributing that to sleeping more soundly because of the T mix entirely.... but... we shall see these next three weeks.

• Like Like x 4
    22. sakrt
      Tired

sakrt Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Specific issues
      I would try, even if it may only help insomnia in the long run over the typical redundant harmful narcotic/anti-depressant throw-outs that affects most people's brains and pockets. Reduction of tinnitus/hyperacusis would be a huge added plus w/ it. At least we're given control on the volume and can just remove it altogether if can't manage it.

@R. David Case - are you able to PM, as I have a question on this. I'd appreciate it! Thx.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      If your wife runs away just because you listen to this sound for only three weeks at night... it is better let her go. Maybe your concept of wife is different from mine :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      LOL. I think you have to keep it up after 3 weeks though, no?

My understanding is that if you want to get rid of it for a short while, 3 weeks, then to keep it away, keep listening to this.

25. ItalianMan
      Fine

ItalianMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Is it the same thing if listening is done in the daytime?

26. hopeful4future

hopeful4future Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun Shot
      I thought people with tinnitus aren’t supposed to use headphones with the risk of making the tinnitus worse?

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have cured many who were told that, sometimes new technology blows old theories away.

28. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You can use during daytime to get used to it but for full benefit you have to sleep with it all night every night for three weeks on the Koss KTX-PRO1 headphones.

for t talk7.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Some get relief quickly, some take 3 weeks. If you knock it out in one or two days like this guy you can stop using Tinnitus Mix.

testimony for ron 11.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I play it on low in background during day, my girlfriend doesn't mind because she has mild tinnitus. It helps her too.