I Invented a Sound That Knocked Out My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by R. David Case, Dec 27, 2018.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

R. David Case Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sure.

2. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      Right. But does this genetleman never have to listen to it again?

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Here is supporting evidence of how and why Tinnitus Mix works.

sounds during sleep.PNG

sounds during sleep 2.PNG

• Informative Informative x 2
    4. Cape crusader
      Cool

Cape crusader Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/18/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction ear wax removal
      I wish Micheal Leigh would hop in on this thread. He is adamantly opposed to any type of headphone usage with tinnitus.

I'm willing to give this a try, but the hours of headphone use makes be very leery.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @R. David Case

I listened to this for just under 5 minutes and I got relief like a RI (Residual Inhibition) effect.

I think what’s happening is that you have created a file that uses all the frequencies that some how disrupts the phantom sound in a RI way.

By you saying this is a cure, or you have cured tinnitus is a joke.

People may get some relief that they can otherwise obtain by playing a frequency close to their tinnitus.

But that is all you are doing. Residual Inhibition. It’s a phenomenon.

Perhaps the people who send you thank you letters are those who do not know what RI is.

I can switch my tinnitus off by playing a 10,500 Hz on its own, rather than listen to your demon sounding, hell raising soundtrack.

But what the heck, I’ll try it for a night or two, see if it does anything. What’s the link? And can I play it with normal headphones, but please one hour before bed, not ducking all night!!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Just checked your Facebook out. “A tinnitus researcher that has found a cure”

Ha ha. Tickled me that.

• Like Like x 1
    7. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    8. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I think after seeing the persistence of David staying on here trying to share his sound mix for free, even after so much harsh treatment by some members, one has to take his word for what it is. He said he had bad tinnitus for 3 years and after using this sound mix his tinnitus has been knocked off for the last 18 years. We all know what residual inhibition is. Playing sounds of similar frequency of our tinnitus can cause temporary relief from our tinnitus. But the key is that it is temporary, for seconds, minutes, a day or a few days, but not months or years.

So is David's sound mix just another spin of residual inhibition? How do we then explain the long termed effect then?

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    9. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Billie I will try it myself, out of morbid curiosity. If this cures my tinnitus or even if the RI lasts a few days, I will be sending him my best pair of (worn) pink frilly knickers. Don’t hold your breath though R. David Case... I have no expectation for it to work.

Man my tinnitus sounds like electric tonight right in the centre of my head and not ears, horrible horrible.

• Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    10. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      According to this website, sometimes residual inhibition can last longer term than just a few seconds or minutes and even result in permanent remission of tinnitus. I have listened to the Tinnitus Mix of @R. David Case and it is like no tinnitus masking soundtrack I have ever heard before. So I think it is possible that what he has created may be a breakthrough in the sense it may be effective by producing much longer term residual inhibition in some people.

“There are even reports of tinnitus going into complete remission for some patients”

http://www.residualinhibition.com/residual-inhibition.pdf

“Are there any long-term benefits from prolonged use?

Several published studies have reported on the effects of sustained or repeated listening to the sorts of sounds that can cause residual inhibition. These studies include reports, from well-known tinnitus researchers, of some patients who experienced longer-term improvement in their residual inhibition response. There are even reports of tinnitus going into complete remission for some patients – but these cases appear to be rare. It has been put forward that there may be more chance of longer-term improvement for people whose tinnitus has started recently, in line with evidence from animal studies.”

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      That is very interesting and could explain some things about Tinnitus Mix, what puzzles me is how it helps put the user in deeper higher quality sleep and the effect of calming or reduced stress.

testimony for ron.PNG
      testimony for ron 2 replace.PNG
      testimony for ron 14.PNG

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks for trying Tinnitus Mix and hope it helps you like hundreds of others.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yea, up to 440 people cured or reduced their tinnitus.

brian douglas testimony.PNG

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well I disagree with you, many report their tinnitus is gone, I call that a cure. But that's just semantics. I have helped 440 people reduce or eliminate tinnitus, is that better? There is more going on in Tinnitus Mix than these assumptions some are trying to provide, but I do not reject knowledge and am listening to all opinions.

cured person 382 001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I understand but this system with headphones is reducing and or eliminating tinnitus, In 18 years of giving this out there has not been one bad event. There are only good side effects pertaining to sleep and stress.

name rem best.PNG

16. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      This is the thing, rare. And we don't fully know if residual inhibition has caused the long termed benefit or that those guys in the rare cases happen to get better over time anyway. If residual inhibition has high success rate, the market should have been flooded with these gadgets already. So let's wait and see if more members are benefiting from the Tinnitus Mix. Even at 50%, it is a high success rate by any means. Just hope more of you are on the right side of the 50% and don't get nasty if you are on the wrong side. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      I couldn't really see anything that said you didn't have to listen to it after three weeks...

18. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Perhaps a poll can be done that answers if this Tinnitus Mix has worked with a variety of answers.

I can’t see myself using it for 3 weeks straight but if the results came in without having to go through lots of posts it would be worth it.

By then we can establish what sort of percentage and by how much are people getting any, or if at all, improvement.

Also, a poll what soundtrack is best to use in a horror film.

1.) Tip Toe Through the Tulips by Tiny Tim

2.) Spins of Hell by R.David Case

• Funny Funny x 2
    19. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      A poll would be a good idea. David's Tinnitus Mix helped me a lot. I listened to the file for two weeks every night. I couldn't finish the last week due to work.

It's been a week now since I listened and my normal tinnitus coming from my ear is still a bit better and my head tinnitus hasn't come back yet.

When I was listening daily my tinnitus was around 5/10 average with some very low days.

The problem is there are only 3 on the board who listened to it every night with the headphones as prescribed. We all 3 have positive results.

There are a few with bad results but they only listened for like a few hours, one only listened for 15 minutes so they can be excluded for my part.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    20. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Have you had the head tinnitus since the beginning of your tinnitus onset? (Feb-2018)? What did it sound like and how loud? And gone? Completely gone?

My head tinnitus has become louder than my ear tinnitus.

21. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Yes, from the beginning I had periods with head tinnitus about every other day.
      They vanished around the third night listening to the Tinnitus Mix, it was the main reason why I persisted listening at night because I absolutely hate the head tinnitus because it's not maskable. I compare it to someone pouring sand on a glass plate in the back of your head. Unfortunately I couldn't finish the three weeks and I'm not going to listen anymore for a while to see so if it comes back so I know for sure it isn't a placebo effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well my tinnitus comes back after 12-20 days if I stop listening to Tinnitus Mix, that does not have anything to do with placebo effect...it knocks it out when I start back using it. The way to test for placebo is you get 10 people and give 5 Tinnitus Mix and the other 5 something else and monitor the results.

• Like Like x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No that was just a study done on the subject, not Tinnitus Mix. If your tinnitus is knocked out in 2 days by all means stop using it if you wish, 3 weeks is just an average.

• Like Like x 2
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      R. David Case

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I suspect my success rate is higher but many don't follow instructions, don't get the Koss headphones, won't sleep with it, and then quit too early.

25. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Well I'm 100 percent sure it worked for me and I would like to thank you for that but the question is for how long?

26. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I thought you invented the tinnitus cure?

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I tried the sound mix last night but my headset kept falling off and I forgot to set the screensaver on my laptop to blank after a couple of minutes. I might need a head band. Should I be wearing my pink frilly knickers for better sound effect?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    28. gorzakus

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      If he only needs to listen to the sound every two weeks and has silence in between then in my eyes that's cured.

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. Paulmanlike

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      There was a guy years ago on Action on Hearing Loss forums who claimed he found the cure for tinnitus.

He had noise induced tinnitus and used a SCENAR from Russia.
      After 2 weeks or so after the noise trauma it cleared up but he was convinced it was the SCENAR.

He went by the name of Zephiloyd and said he called the beams of the SCENAR Zephils. When I tried explaining that a lot of tinnitus after trauma can go away in 2 weeks he had none of it.

He never actually cured tinnitus, but what he did do was gain a lot of followers, like on YouTube I think it was on 250,000 views.

• Like Like x 1
    30. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Can we get another link to this sound file he made going on this page?