I Just Need to Complain About My Day.

Discussion in 'Support' started by demi, Apr 11, 2015.

1. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Today was not a great day for me at all, and I'm not sure if my anxiety is getting the best of me or if it is my H & T.

Today I went for a hair cut and highlights. This is something I have done before, and while the place I go to can get noisy I have always been fine wearing my foam earplugs that block out 33db. Though today was not normal, today I was (UNEXPECTEDLY) in there for 5 HOURS. The new guy messed up my hair and they kept trying to fix it, and I was there for a whole 5 hours. My db meter didn't go any higher than 80, and usually just stuck around 73-77 db, and at my sound tolerances with my earplugs I should of been fine...But my ears started hurting, and I'm not sure if that was because my plugs were in for so long (they do that sometimes), or was it my H...

After that I had to go to the grocery store, and do some other errands, all which were not very quiet. Yet I stayed protected with my plugs...Finally I am home, plugs are off, and I feel so stressed. I know I had a busy day and it was noisy and frustrating, but my T is out of control. I can't remember the last time it has been this loud. My ears are also kinda achey.

I just am so stressed, and I don't need any mean comments on this, I just needed to rant to a community that understands what I am going through. :cry:

• Hug Hug x 9
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Ear plugs spike my T, maybe you have the same. My brain gets so locked on the sound when my ears are blocked, 5 hours with plugs is a long time. I'm sure you will feel better after you sleep. Your T should hopefull reset and go back to baseline by the morning.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      @demi , I understand. You know, what you have described is pretty much what I experience every single day now. Though, without my hair being messed up by someone else than me.

Wearing foam earplugs make my T +H worse. I wonder, did you try those musicians earplugs ER-25 ? Maybe they are better for extended periods of time.

Source,
      http://www.hearingreview.com/2014/07/high-notes-musicians-earplugs

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I really wish I would shut up about this...But you can get rid of your hyperacusis by using keppra mine is gone and so has Vikings. No really, I shouldn't have to mention it a million times a day, but I will, because I don't think many people look on the hyperacusis thread.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. LifesABeach
      Depressed

LifesABeach Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2006
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew
      I hear you and sympathize. Hope tomorrow's a better day for u!

6. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      @Danny Boy , I don't believe it. You're still pretending to be a drug dealer? You know, I think it's really cool that you still have a day job.. even though is obviously just for show.^^

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      There are two people that have experienced this! You act like its a guaranteed cure!

Didn't @Viking say he wasn't even sure?

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Viking said his has vanished and has not come back, I tried this and my hyperacusis is gone. Now, if you believe there's no connection then fair enough, but to me, it makes perfect sense as " Studies to date confirm the importance of Kv3 channels at all levels of the auditory pathway." So there you have it, it makes perfect sense why this can work for hyperacusis. Look, I don't want people suffering and I'm getting a lot of stick for helping, but if I don't make that push then who will? It'll be overlooked and I don't want anyone killing themselves over hyperacusis. Keppra works on the Kv3.1 channel.

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Hi Demi... have you been diagnosed with TMJD ? It so common that earbuds cause many problems to TMJ so ear can start to pain, and you may feel burning ears also. I have also T and H. I have T completely under control, does not bother me... but H, aural fullness and pain, those those bother me sometimes. Sorry for my english i'm a North Baja California "mexicano". You will be fine.

10. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Though I don't know if Keppa will fix all H conditions, I appreciate Danny for trying to inform others of an option which works for him. He is just sharing the info and people can choose 'to try or not to try' the stuff. I am sharing on the treatment thread about Creatine helping some folks' tinnitus because I read about it from another forum. It doesn't mean it will help every one and some folks can't use it (like me with diabetic condition). But it is ok to just share some info which has proven to help some people and so people can decide one way or another.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Ears still ringing away loud, one week later. Let's hope week 2 I see some progression of it calming down to baseline.

• Hug Hug x 3
    12. marqualler
      Nerdy

marqualler Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / Mild Noise Induced Hearing Loss
      Sorry it is still tough @demi. Hang in there!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    13. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      @demi: Since you said you were just looking to rant, vs looking for advice, I'll just give hugs and say I understand what you mean. Sometimes it helps to be able to say, with no one judging you: THIS SUCKS!!! And boy, sometimes it does indeed suck.
      But its only for now. Better days are around the corner.
      :huganimation:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      :huganimation:I agree with LadyDi. A warm hug and hope you feel better soon. Spikes are unpredictable and can last from days to weeks. Hang in there and take it easy.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    15. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      Demi

Your going to be fine, 5 hours is nothing and you had your ear plugs in, Your just on your upper side of your tinnitus cycle, we all go through that. It will be back to base line soon.

Take care, I would wish you luck, but you don't need it, its going to be fine :) Hang in the and just keep busy and get some good asleep in.

Louie
      Quietatnight

• Friendly Friendly x 1