Ian Mac's Regenokine (Orthokine) Treatment for Cochlear Hydrops

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ian Mac, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vestibular Nueritis, loud music (dubstep)
      Hello All,

I have been approved for Stem Cell treatment. This treatment has been approved in the USA for orthopedic issues as it has been shown to regrow cartilage in joints, however through their years of providing service to clients like DANA WHITE,KOBE, and DEREK JETER, the doctors discovered that their spinal treatments for orthopedic injuries were actually treating and curing other spinal diseases like Tinnitus and Cochlear Hydrops! Yes this is the Stem Cell treatment they are all flying to Germany for. I tracked down the doctor who performed DANA WHITES procedure in Germany, luckily it turns out he has a sister clinic in LA and NY, that is where the doctor contacted me from. He expects me to have improvements with my hydrops and tinnitus.

Therefore I will be flying to NY for this treatment oct.30th and I will be returning nov.7th, six injections of my own blood stem cells injected into my spine, especially the cervical spine where hearing loss and tinnitus also develop. I'm very exited. I am very lucky I wrote such a passionate email to them, the doctor is treating me directly for the tinnitus associated with cochlear hydrops even though I don't have joint issues, therefore it will be out of pocket, $20,000 total plus flight and hotels. They have had success treating hydrops for 4 years.

My Tinnitus is quite simply insane, I have normal ringing in both ears, then I hear hissing in both ears, ear sizzling in my right ear and the sound of keys jingling in my right ear, I sold my business, lost my wife, was in 4 mental hospitals, finally I found a hearing aid could mask the jingling noises, honestly after hearing these noises I pray for normal tinnitus, please just let my ears ring consistently without "jingling,hissing, and sizzling". If I could get to a point where I don't need my hearing aid I would be so happy and inspired to do what I love - make music!- That I would put every song I ever make on YouTube for free and man the SKY WOULD BE THE LIMIT.

I will be updating you here as to the effects. Since my tinnitus is so distinct there's no chance of the placebo effect for me, if my noises get better I will KNOW IT if my noises don't improve I will KNOW IT, I'm not the type who has some days at a 1 and some days at a 8. My noises are too noticeable in their unique jinglng pattern. So no BS we are going to find out if this works for Tinnitus arising from the spine and arising from cochlear hydrops. God bless.

Best,
      Ian

• Optimistic x 8
      • Like x 3
      • Hug x 2
      • Informative x 2
      • Agree x 1
    2. Mikie_Mike

Mikie_Mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Ear Infection/Prescription Drugs?
      Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    3. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Ian,

I am so sorry you have to go throuh all of that. This is what tinnitus can do to people, and world does not recognize that yet. We need to bring stories such as yours in to publicity.

Me and couple of other sufferers from this forum are setting up support group in NYC and we (i hope they agreee with me on this one) would love to help you out as much as we can and support you while you locally as well.

Are you going to be in manhattan ?

Send me PM.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Here is a study on chiropractic adjustments of the cervical spine curing Tinnitus.
      Improving tinnitus with mechanical treatment of the cervical spine and jaw.
      Cherian K, et al. J Am Acad Audiol. 2013 Jul-Aug.
      Show full citation
      Abstract
      BACKGROUND: Tinnitus affects approximately 30-50 million Americans. In approximately 0.5-1.0% of the population, tinnitus has a moderate to severe impact on their quality of life. Musculature and joint pathologies of the head and neck are frequently associated with tinnitus and have been hypothesized to play a contributing role in its etiology. However, specific physical therapy interventions to assist in improving tinnitus have not yet been reported.

PURPOSE: To describe the examination and treatment intervention of a patient with subjective tinnitus.

PATIENT DESCRIPTION: The patient was a 42-yr-old male experiencing intermittent bilateral tinnitus, headaches, blurred vision, and neck tightness. His occupation required long-term positioning into neck protraction. Examination found limitations in cervical extension, bilateral rotation, and side bending. Asymmetry was also noted with temporomandibular joint (TMJ) movements. Upon initial evaluation the patient demonstrated functional, physical, and emotional deficits per neck, headache, and dizziness self-report scales and a score on the Tinnitus Handicap Inventory (THI) of 62. Resisted muscle contractions of the cervical spine in flexion, extension, and rotation increased his tinnitus.

INTERVENTION: Treatment focused on normalizing cervical spine mobility through repetitive movements, joint mobilization, and soft tissue massage.

RESULTS: At 2.5 mo, the patient demonstrated a complete reversal of his tinnitus after 10 physical therapy sessions as noted by his score of 0 on the THI upon discharge. He also demonstrated objective improvements in his cervical motion. This case reflected treatment targeted at cervical and TMJ impairments and notable improvements to tinnitus. Future studies should further explore the direct and indirect treatment of tinnitus by physical therapists through clinical trials.

American Academy of Audiology.
      PMID
      24047942 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
      Similar articles

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And here is an study from 1994 addressing cervical spine related hearing loss improving with chiropractic adjustment.

[Cervicogenic hearing loss].
      Hülse M. HNO. 1994.
      Show full citation
      Abstract
      Existing investigations of cervical hearing disorders have been carried out predominantly in patients in whom those with vertebrobasilar insufficiencies (VBI) could not be distinguished from patients suffering from functional deficit of the upper cervical spine. Since two different syndromes exist, no statement can be made about cervical hearing disorders. That deafness can occur in VBI is uncontested. In contrast, there remains a dispute whether a "vertebragenic hearing disorder" exists. This latter disorder is believed accompanied by tinnitus, a feeling of ear pressure, otalgia and deafness as symptoms of a functional deficit of the upper cervical spine. In reviewing the medical findings of 259 patients with well-defined functional deficits of the upper cervical spine and symptoms of cervical vertigo, subjective hearing disorders occurred in 15%. Audiometric threshold shifts of 5-25 dB, most often in lower frequencies, were observed in 40%. Additionally, results of click-evoked otoacoustic emissions (OAE) were negative in spite of approximately normal hearing. Findings in 62 patients suffering from vertebragenic hearing disorders are reported before and after chiropractic management. Results indicate that these hearing disorders are reversible, as demonstrated by audiometry and OAE. The therapy of choice is chiropractic manipulation of the upper cervical spine. The commoness of vertebragenic hearing disorders emphasizes their clinical and forensic importance.

PMID
      8002367 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]Article in German.
      Similar articles

6. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Ian!! im so excited for you.
      the best of lucks you deserve the improvement!

god bless

• Like Like x 1
    7. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Good luck man! Keep us updated.

• Like Like x 2
    8. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Good luck to you hope it works !

BTW does someone know where to get diagnosed for Cochlear hydrops in Europe ? Mine most likely comes from an infection (has been worse when I took steroids which are immunosuppressive) so I might have that.

9. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
    10. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Good luck. Quite interesting you're receiving a lumbar puncture as the injection method. I hope it all turns out well :)

An FYI for other members on the forum. This is a different treatment to what others have received, so it will be interesting to see the results!

11. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
    12. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Good luck Ian keep us posted

13. Coyotesheaven
      Depressed

Coyotesheaven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple
      Good luck and do keep up with updates here. I am considering stem cells at some point to attempt to restoresome of my hearing and I may well have hydrops as well.
      Thank you so for being one of the brave guinea pigs and bringing hope to all of us.

14. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Awesome, best of luck ! If works for you , I will be going as well .
      I dont care anymore , will sell all my shit and go all in :)

15. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I might be wrong but I seem to recollect that Dana White said that this cured his dizzienes but not really his tinnitus ?
      Might be wrong ?

16. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Btw, what are cochlear hydrops and have you been diagnosed with that ?

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ONLY and OTOLOGIST can test you for Hydrops, they also can do alot of other test to asses your hearing and balance functions.

Infections and viruses and bacteria cause damage which can then lead to excees fluid build up in the ears which causes increased pressure inside the COCHLEA this water pressure pushed down on the nerves and irritates them, leading to hearing loss and tinnitus, it also inflames the balance nerves so you cant stand up and you experience vertigo attacks with fluctiating tinnitus, did you know that Tinnitus can take any form? Any noise your ears can percieve they can create tinnitus at that DB, the noises with HYDROPS are so much worse than constant ringing in my experience. Jingling and morse code machines and birds all are part of my tinnitus :(

I would consider it a success to have just normal tinnitus (central brain ringing) simply from loud music like I used to, just constant ringing, such a beautiful sound it would be to clearly hear a constant ringing rather than FAST FAST fluctuating tinnitus. literally the noises change and vibrate as fast as 3x per second. IS SOOOOO BAD. So perhaps I am a little bit a special case since my Tinnitus is literally suicidal in seconds when I take off my hearing aid.

Again a success for me is to get back to normal central brain ringing, without noises in my right ear that aren't in my left..

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I am not sure I have "regular" t either , I really dont hear any tones at all, just a severe "buzzing" that resonates in my whole head. Although , to be accurate , on my "good " days I hear tones ...I think ?
      I can relate to wanting just regular tinnitus ..if...regular tinnitus is hearing tones . obviously i have not experienced anyone elses T so its hard to tell.

19. Stakovic

Stakovic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    20. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      Sounds like what I'm experincing, even though the noises arn't that loud I only hear them in a quiet room. I've notice I have balance issue too... Not vertigo but like sometimes I feel like I'm losing balance.
      We don't have otologist here in France just regular ENTs.... I'm going to have a IRM but I don't know if hydrops can be seen on that...

21. PatrickG

PatrickG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punch/kick to the right ear
      @Ian Mac I'm SO VERY HAPPY for you! That is amazing. I really hope it turns out well and that your tinnitus goes down. I have the exact same tinnitus as you do, but in the right ear only. Changes several times a second and several similar noises to what you have. Wonder if I have cochlear hydrops too? How can I get that diagnosed?

• Hug Hug x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      you must have OTOLOGISTS, we also have ENT's they are a general practitioner of Ears Nose Throat but they don't specialize in anything, not ears, they are useless and can be very discouraging to talk to because they don't know what they are doing but they wont tell you that. OTOLOGIST care about your ears, your ENT never cared enough to specialize, they just regurgitate their book knowledge which is outdated, they will have you believe nothing can be done for your T.

Hydops had many sounds, you need to get tested to be sure its the only way.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I am rare that I no longer experience vertigo, however I had an episode which lasted 2 months when this all started. My ototlogist says that somehow my body is compensating for the vertigo. I really don't have any vertigo anymore. I am lucky that we found that I have Hydrops early on, my symptoms are not full on Menieres Desease but if I have one more vertigo attack it would be called Menieres instead of Hydrops. Hydrops can cause only tinnitus, only vertigo, only hearing loss, only low pitch roaring tinnitus, or it can be all four, I only experience fluctuating tinnitus perhaps a little low pitched roaring, and minor hearing loss in me left ear.

Yes I have hydrops, the test doesn't lie, yet I don't have the major symptom of Menieres which is vertigo. Explain that? lol..

24. Stakovic

Stakovic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Ian Mac , please can you tell how did your otologist know that you have hydrops?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    25. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Yes, can you please explain what the diagnostic criteria are to diagnose the hydrops?

And THANK YOU for your detailed posting and your rallying spirit! Wishing you a fantastic outcome!!!

26. earsnothappy

earsnothappy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

27. PatrickG

PatrickG Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Punch/kick to the right ear
      As I understand it this is not really stemcells treatment but Orthokine (Regenokine) and it's a strong anti-inflammatory treatment. It lasts for about 2-4 years and then you have to do it again. That's what I read in this thread anyway: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...em-cell-procedure-in-germany.1460/#post-11900

I'm pretty sure I have cochlear hydrops like you have @Ian Mac and it drives me crazy. I also wish I had "normal" T, that's how bad it is with always changing T... So all of this is very interesting for me too.

And the prices in Germany are much cheaper that US?

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      20.0000 dollars every 4 years ...shit
      Actually I would probably pay that if it worked.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Good luck...keep us updated.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes I found out this is not stem cells, I've been emailing so many clinics I thought that it was, however REGENOKINE has been shown to regrow cartilage and other tissues, they will be getting my cervical spine which is a known region where hearing loss and tinnitus are known to develope, so I am still going to do it of coarse :)

I got the email I sent them, turns out it was short, asking if their treatment could help with ONLY my tinnitus, and the doctor called me off that! In other words, he thinks he can help with ONLY tinnitus, then I mentioned Hydrops and he said they have success with Hydrops as well. SO that is very encouraging for everyone here.

• Like Like x 3