If Physical Diseases Were Treated Like Mental Illness

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by snow86, Jan 24, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. snow86

snow86 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 - Extreme T since 12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      see "information" on profile page. Crippled by extreme T
      This reminds me of all the tinnitus advice from people who don't have T. :troll:

• Like Like x 6
      • Genius Genius x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. uae96

uae96 Member

Dubai, UAE
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      100% agree
    3. NineNails

NineNails Member

Psychology the power placebo for everything. You just gotta believe in it. ;)
    4. Raiz3R

Raiz3R Member

Laporte IN.
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headphone/ear bud use, Gun, Work,
      Those all remind me of my father growing up as a kid. His common reply was. Its all in your head.
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. zombiechick

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      So true. Although, I've had a number of people tell me that they couldn't imagine living with it and it sounds horrible. I think I get more sympathy than apathy. Oddly enough, my boss has tinnitus but it's low he has to plug his ears to hear it. He was the less sympathetic one. Maybe because his doesn't impede on his day to day living. I have a few co-workers who are terrified of getting T. I wish they had taught this in school. There may not be as many of us saying "if only I knew better"
      • Agree Agree x 4
    6. NineNails

NineNails Member

That's typical projecting your own condition upon others. Like I've a broken finger. You've a broken spine. We've the same thing. So what is the big deal?

Or your boss is simply a psychopath. Many bosses are.
    7. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      Need to supply that to all the ENTs that tell you to learn to live with it.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1