If You Could Trade Your Tinnitus for Musical Ear Syndrome, Would You?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jacob83, Sep 16, 2016.

?

Would you trade your tinnitus for musical ear syndrome?

1. Nope!

2. Oh YES!

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Jacob83
      Balanced

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I <3 punk rock and metal
    2. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I had it!I got it after my club incident back in 2012 and it's very distressing at times believe me it is.I remember the very second it started too,I was going to collect my friend when all I could hear in the car was(try not to laugh)Gangnam Style lol.

I looked at the radio but it was off and then I looked at my phone and still nothing,all I could hear was this song playing away and I had no idea where it was coming from!I stopped my car and jumped out to see if I could find out what the heck was going on!To my displeasure after exiting my car I could still hear it,almost like there was a radio on your shoulder playing music.I blocked my ears and that's when I realised where it was coming from,my head!Needless to say the next few weeks were rough,I had loud tone T and now this constant music playing in my head day in and day out.What made it worse was the song was always changing,sometimes all by itself and other times it would take a trigger like hearing a song on the radio and it would change.This wasn't like an ear worm,it was like you were hearing the song coming from somewhere inside the room only it was actually inside your head!

Anyway this lasted a few months and then just stopped randomly one evening,what made it distressing was it made thinking extremely hard to do,Tinnitus is one thing but this song occupying your thoughts was a whole other monster!I haven't experienced it in over 3 years now but occasionally and very occasionally at that it creeps up again but only when I'm extremely stressed.If I had to choose it would be the T,I know a song playing sounds so much better but believe me it's not,it's like anything,nice in moderation but too much quickly becomes unbearable not to mention it makes you feel like your going crazy at times.

I never spoke about it before because nobody brought it up so yeah,that's my experience with MES for you.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jacob83
      Balanced

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I <3 punk rock and metal
      I laughed so hard when you said Gangnam Style. I'm sorry! I can only imagine how distressing that was and I'm happy to hear it faded away. It's just amazing what our brains are capable of doing to us...

Thank you for posting your story.

4. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      I think I got that several times a few weeks ago. I heard police sirens...

• Like Like x 1
    5. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      You get that from more severe hearing loss. I would take tinnitus that isn't accompanied by hearing loss any day.

6. Capricornus
      Inspired

Capricornus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I have been hearing "sirens in the distance" for 1,5 week now. I'm so scared.

7. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Try not to be scared and you will be just fine believe me.....
      Michael

8. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I had that siren thing for 3 or 4 months. Felt like I was just outside an emergency zone. Weird. It has been replaced by a hum and a constant tone that I'm getting used to. I think gangnam style would have put me over the edge!

9. Capricornus
      Inspired

Capricornus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @volsung37 Glad you no longer hear it. I hope it will fade away for me too... How did you cope?

10. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      @Capricornus
      It just disappeared without me really noticing when. It was difficult to cope. When I finally was able to sleep better everything seemed to get more under control. I suppose the onset of the hum made me forget to be concerned about the sirens. Our brains work in mysterious ways. I hope you are able to recover soon.

11. Capricornus
      Inspired

Capricornus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @volsung37 My sirens are triggered by noise which is very strange... I'm having mild H and a reactiveness in my T (which I think is because of the H). Hopefully the sirens will go away if I the H is improved. These things are weird...

12. Song interpreter
      Creative

Song interpreter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much noise
      Music is more distracting than the ringing. I don't mind if the music comes to visit, but don't stay. The ringing is easier to tune out and forget.