I'm Scared... Will I Get Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Denis Ramirez, Aug 14, 2016.

?

Will I Get Tinnitus?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Denis Ramirez

Denis Ramirez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear blockage
      I feel like I have a ear blockage in the night I was watching TV and I felt a block in my left ear. I think its a blockage because I feel something in the ear.

I put drops and they didn't go threw then my mom tryed to clean the ear and there was a lot of wax the ear is not blocked completely and I'm going to the doctor on Thursday 5 days from now.

Is there anyway I will get tinnitus ?

I'm asking because my ear is not fully blocked do I have hope of not getting it ? I have 3 days with the block

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hope your ear is feeling better and try not to worry about tinnitus if not got it but always protect your ears around loud sounds like the Cinima or disco or night clubs....lots of love glynis

3. Alouette
      Whistles

Alouette Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress??
      Don't worry - fear can evoke tinnitus. Do not listen in your inner ear or in your head - relax with good music, calm down!! After removing the ear wax everything will be fine again!

4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi @Denis Ramirez, my guess is everything will be just fine after you have your wax blockage cleared. It would be very unusual for the blockage in and of itself to cause tinnitus. You also are wise to go to a doctor to get it taken care of. Trying syringing on your own can cause tinnitus.

Bet you will be feeling better soon.

5. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      I had alot of wax in my ears and my ENT Doctor had me put peroxide in my ears for 5 minutes twice a day for 5 days to loosen the wax for easier removal. Your chances of getting T are slim to none just relax im sure you will be fine but as Glynis stated take care of your ears and avoid loud noise and have them cleaned on the advise of your doctor..

6. DudeMannDude
      Spaced

DudeMannDude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Ear blockage does not equal tinnitus! Just be careful with your ears man. Download a decibel meter app and whenever stuff is over 85 DB for extended periods of time, throw some ear plugs in.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Carrie O'Brien

Carrie O'Brien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Ever sense my TMJD symptoms got worse
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJD
      Hi, I have horrible TMD and my left ear is my worst. No one here at where I live seems to understand. My ears won't "pop" fully. My left also feels like it has water in it. Feels really full. It sounds very weird when I talk like I have a speaker box in my ear or an echo. Can the joint push on my ear and cause inflammation??? I have posture problem's upper and lower back pain vertigo and dizziness. Sensitive 2 light twitching in my face and eyes. I wish that they could give me a shot in that area and the inflammation would go down and the joint would release pressure. I have tried hot packs and that doesn't help. I can really feel it when I talk. Get back 2 me. Thanks.

8. Carrie O'Brien

Carrie O'Brien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJD
      I do need 2 see a highly qualified TMD Dr or neuromuscular dentist doctor. I don't want 2 wait another year 2 do these treatment's already been 5-years.

9. Carrie O'Brien

Carrie O'Brien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJD
      I am open for discussion on this

10. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I don't understand. Why would someone be on here if they didn't have T?

11. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Because.... maybe someone scared her about getting tinnitus?
      i think its better for people to fear tinnitus, so they can take care of their ears.

12. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      actually I disagree. Fearing T and thinking about can bring it up. I can count at least 5 people in my life that never noticed it before and now they perceive it. Then if you add anxiety and stress about it on top of it your brain will focus on it and make it louder.

13. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      I think that this could be possible a good sign... a sign that T awareness is increasing. Alot of people that DONT have Tinnitus, now know what it is. A good thing because, people can take care of their ears, and goverment and pharma companies can start to focus more in finding a cure.

Regards!
      Johnny.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      awareness is great but active fear of it is really detrimental. I can tell you for myself that has made my T MUCH worse.