Imagine...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jay M, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      One day soon, we will be able to visit a Doctor, tell them our ears ring and they prescribe a med that stops the noise.

Always Believe.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    2. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      I f*cking hope so :(

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Our day will come :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Unfortunately, chronic tinnitus really is a brain problem, not an ear problem. Most brain problems can't be cured by popping a pill (although I would settle for an effective treatment!). But I do think, in the future, there could be surgical interventions or neural stimulation that might work. And I think better treatment options are on the way.

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Have you been reading the thread about Retigabine? Get comfortable, its a long read.

6. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi, @Jay M. Yes, I have been checking it out. Haven't done any independent research on my own yet. I definitely am interested and am keeping an open mind, but am concerned about possible side effects. Thanks for the heads up, though.

7. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Somehow I have a hard time believing this, but it sure would be a life saver for a lot of us!

I would have a life again! I wouldn't live in a state of permanent hell! I can't even imagine going back to a normal life, how incredible it would be this time around. Nothing would be taken for granted that is for sure! Every day without T would be a gift. I wouldn't want to sleep, I would have too many things to do and people to see, a lot of catching up on life.

We can hope for science and dream for now!

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jay M
      Thinking

Jay M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/14
      Don't be reluctant to believe but I get it. Belief is a powerful thing. It may feel like we are stuck on an island and we will never be rescued but it will happen. Even if our hopes are dashed a few times with passing boats and planes. Advanced research is real. The trials are real. Retigabine might really work and TT might bring the necessary attention to it so it may get refined especially for T. If we don't believe then we have nothing to look forward to.
      Always Believe.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Hey Telis you wrote exactly what I was thinking .....man if we can take on T and god willing we get a cure I'll live the rest of my days as the happiest man alive.... Hang in there man

10. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Haha. Totally. All the bs worries in life would be gone. Looking back I can't believe the shit that bothered me. What a terrible eye opener this has been!!! I want to be stressed about the regular shit in life again!! Although after this...what I was once concerned myself with would become laughable to me. I would live my life a free man with very little in my way. All my tough life challenges and adversities pale in comparison to this. I respect anyone that has severe tinnitus in such a deep way. This is by far the most difficult thing I have ever dealt with. And the crazy thing is...I have had what the average person would think to be a lot of adversities in life. Looking back now, all of it, ain't got shit on tinnitus!! It was all a big walk in the park with a couple of speed bumps. Guess we never know until we know.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      According to the otherside, lifes all about learning. We all learned a lesson with T, and it changes you as a person.. I kno right now it may seem like it changes us for the worse but it changes your character and aspects in life.. Changes total perception and you become grateful for the things youv had in your life. With T you want your life back.. But everyone hang in there just think we wont have this for life and the breakthrough is just startin for treatments/cures. Jaym is so right bout bein hopeful and believing.. ( and i wasnt discussing religion when i said "the otherside" just so thats clear. But everyone just believe that cures commin cause it is!!!! :)------ and "habuitation" means you dont care bout your T no more so before we get cured thats our best bet at enjoying the things we once did with no fear!

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I also don't belive in a pill, but I do believe in devices, that stimulate the brain and nerves and help with T. I have been posting some examples and news in a DIY brain hacking thread here.

13. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      "Looking back I can't believe the shit that bothered me. What a terrible eye opener this has been!!!"

Couldn't agree with you more @Telis! :)