Author
Jun 30, 2013
Bay Area, California
Tinnitus Since
11/1999
Cause of Tinnitus
Acoustic Trauma/Ear Trauma
Hi all,
Having hyperacusis and tinnitus has been the most challenging journey of my life. I was a professional musician but had to quit because of my symptoms, am now a doctoral psychology student and doing research to study T&H.

If those of you who also have sound sensitivity symptoms could please take this survey, it would be thoroughly appreciated. I am doing a study to help audiologists and doctors better understand what we all go through.

Wishing us all peace and that a cure may come soon.

Please take my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/soundsensitivetinnitus

All done, I can tell it was composed by a sufferer by the style of the questions. Very good indeed. Proffesionals who dont suffer do not ask in the same way as a sufferer.

Done... I thought of something after I finished that probably goes along with concentration questions but I was always a pretty good speller and since the T hit me I have to really think to try to remember how to spell simple words... As a homeschooling mom this can be problematic- thank goodness my kids can just laugh at mom and know it is the T not me :)

Done!

However, if I were to add one more variable in the survey it would the 'impact of the use of earplugs or hearing protection'. For instance, how does one accurately answer many of the questions about reacting to loud sounds or situations when in reality, I am wearing earplugs before I even enter those situations!? In a way then, I am not getting as badly affected, and don't know any more what exact level of effect would happen...because I darn well am not willing to risk it after four levels of increase in T. over my life, and two (or maybe three now) increased levels of H!

Thanks for doing this! Zimichael

Hi all,
Having hyperacusis and tinnitus has been the most challenging journey of my life. I was a professional musician but had to quit because of my symptoms, am now a doctoral psychology student and doing research to study T&H.

If those of you who also have sound sensitivity symptoms could please take this survey, it would be thoroughly appreciated. I am doing a study to help audiologists and doctors better understand what we all go through.

Wishing us all peace and that a cure may come soon.

Please take my survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/soundsensitivetinnitus

Hi Benjamin, I am also a resident of the Bay Area and of the UK. Plus I am a musician. I am only impacted now by very loud sounds such as leaf blowers, jack hammers, loud speakers etc. My t and especially h have improved greatly. Impacted my music career at the beginning, but now can play OK, except in very loud situations with many horns, overly loud speakers etc. Just has got better all the time. So I hope it has for you too, and as well as the great job you are now doing with psych, you are also now able to get back to music too.
Cheers,
Lisa

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now