Is There Any Hope?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kevin Blisniuk, May 18, 2016.

1. Kevin Blisniuk

Kevin Blisniuk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi. My name is Kevin, I'm 26 and I'm from Argentina. I think I have tinnitus because I'm a drummer and I didn't wear as much protection as I needed. A doctor gave me corticoids hoping it will go away and I'm still taking them. A doctor told me there is no cure for what I have. I wanted to ask you if you know any treatment for this condition or if anything new came up. Please let me know. I'll keep searching for a cure and if I find anything I will post it here. I'm getting used to my T but I really miss silence sometimes. I'm visiting a Reiki healer this week to see how it goes.

Thank you guys and hang in there. We can do this

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Kevin and welcome to Tinnitus Talk.
      Your doing well with your tinnitus as for a lot of people your brain learns to filter it out and not see it as a threat.
      For some people they get overwhelmed with unwanted emotions that makes it harder to adapt.
      Having a supportive family and doctor and this forum and audiology all help in dealing with tinnitus.
      First is make sure your ears have no wax built up in them and hearing checked and then lots of support as you need it.
      Talking therapy is a great help also and even greater if have a Tinnitus Support Group near you .
      Keep posting for support on the main forums and we are here round the clock to support you....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I would say get your hearing checked and even if you have a mild hearing loss, get a pair of hearing aids, just make sure they can't amplify over a safe dB. It reduces my perception of tinnitus a lot while I have them on. If they don't work, take them back.

4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Kevin Blisniuk . there is no known cure for tinnitus. I've heard that reiki treatment has helped some after treatment by bringing there stress level down so they can better handle there tinnitus. I am having Bowen therapy at the moment and I'm feeling more relaxed and not stressed out . Although my tinnitus is still there it doesn't bother me so much as it used to . Good luck with your Reiki treatment.

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Your doctor may not be the best source of info on tinnitus as they generally will just tell you to learn to live with it. While there is no 'universal' cure-all type of tinnitus drugs currently out there (because T can be caused by lots of reason), new drugs are being tested now and you can read them in the Treatment or Alternate Treatment section on this site. There you can read up on AM-101, OTO-311, RL-81, SF0034, Trobalt, etc. and these are all either being tested or researched. So the medical/pharmaceutical world is catching up on tinnitus with these new drugs on the horizon. Don't panic and despair as stress and anxiety are bad for T. Take good care & God bless.