Is This Temporary or Permanent?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tyler, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

Hello, first time on this website, not sure if this is the right place for help so excuse me for that, Just a dude looking for answers because I am freaking out :( . So about 2 days ago I was trying to clean out my ear with some warm water and in doing so afterwards, my ear started to ring and has been ringing ever since, I did use a qtip totally forgetting you aren't supposed to, but that way hours before the ringing started, I am going to see a Doctor tomorrow about this and was wondering if I in fact gave myself Tinnitus. Thank you :D

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to the forum Tyler.
      It sounds like you have got some inflammation and could have pushed wax further down your ear.
      If your doctor says you need your ears cleared of wax ,make sure you use olive oil drops for at least ten days prior to removal.
      your ears should settle after. ..lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

Thank you for the warm welcome! Do you think my Doctor will clean my ears tomorrow knowing I didn't put Olive Oil in? is it necessary?

4. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      The olive oil is needed to soften the wax to make it easy to remove it.
      I dont think you will get it done tomorrow....lots of love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

Hmm interesting, alright will take note of that. Just to make sure, The earwax is causing my tinnitus most likely and not permanent? I just need some sort of assurance...

6. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Keep us posted how you get on tomorrow after your doctor has looked in your ears and we can support you more ....lots of love glynis. ( try relax and stay calm as worrying can make the tinnitus louder )

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

Will keep everyone updated. Thank you...

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

I am back from the doctors! I can hear EVERYTHING now, the ringing is gone!!! she told me the ringing could still be there for 24 hours because of the syringing but so far there is no ringing (keeping fingers crossed) My ears do hurt though from loud sounds.

• Like Like x 1
    9. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Good news Tyler the ringing as gone,so pleased for you....Thank you for letting us know how you went on...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    10. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Enjoy the silence. You are so lucky!!

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

Back with an update: ears are slightly ringing, Kinda hard to notice it. like I said that my doctor said they could still be ringing for up to 24 hours, Im still kinda worried :/

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

another update: Last night going to sleep was hell, a lot of ringing that seemed to die down later in the night, my anxiety, stress and depression is skyrocketing in the night, I can't stop thinking about this ringing, right now its barely audible but I feel like crying because its still THERE. I now hate the night time because I am alone and scared because of the thoughts that wander in my mind...

13. randomuser

randomuser Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Hi Tyler, first of all try to calm down, anxiety and stress are your worst enemy, seriously. It the ringing is faint you're kind of lucky, because you will be able to forget about it even during the night. You feel bad due to your emotional stress, not due to your ringing. You haven't had any acoustic trauma or reaction to medication, so your ears are just fine. Please please don't read horror stories, if you are insomniac take something to help you sleep and don't obsess. Me, lately, have been obsessed a lot and this only makes things worse.

If it's barely audible in the night, during the day won't be audible at all. Keep things easy and everything will be ok.

14. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Tyler ,
      See if you can have some CBT to help give you some skills in coping with your emotions it will really help you cope through most emotional situation's through life and a great building block to coming to terms with tinnitus.....lots of love glynis

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

Should I go to the doctors again or wait it out?

16. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      I will go back to the doctor if it makes you feel better... Like other had said... Just relax and control your emotions ... You will be just fine...

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

Been trying to relax but I find myself too often trying to listen for the ringing, it isn't as loud before the earwax removal but just the fact that its there puts me in a bad mood :(

18. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

20. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Ya, just whenever it bugs you.
      Some people here are trying it with some good results already.
      Read the last couple pages of that thread. Page 16 or 17 I think. I added some tips recently.

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tyler
      Terrified

Tyler Member

Should I write it down? or just say it out loud?

22. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I just replace my old thought with these new ones. Some people write down the number of times they respond because as the days go by you'll be able to see a decrease.