I've Had Enough. Seeing How I Feel at End of Day, Then Checking Out

Discussion in 'Support' started by jdjd09, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Sara_Bond
      Cool

Sara_Bond Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      @jdjd09

Hello Jd, may I ask you what bothers you the much? The hearing loss or the T?

In my case, I have T and hearing loss in the high frequencies (from 20 to 50 db at 16000Hz). But honestly I don't care about the hearing loss. Really. I just want my T and H to go away. Because of H I cannot go out properly without taking my earmuffs/earplugs. sometimes I can do without it but sometimes not. I have earpains plus T. If i had the possibility to trade my T&H with a more hearing loss I will (we all agree the best is to be totally fine).

I take this example: for hearing loss, there's hearing aids. So there is a solution. And it's a relief.

For T&H: there's no treatment so no solutions that we know that works. And that's what all T sufferers are driving crazy. I'm 100% sure that, if we T sufferers have to wear a hearing aid to be cured, we will all do it without any questioning, trust me! We wouldn't care if it makes us look weird or sthg like that. All we want is relief AND FEEL GOOD.

If T doesn't bother you, please try the hearing aid. I have a friend, she's totally deaf in one hear. She only can hear with an ear. I didn't know about that until recently when she knew about my T. She met her hubby and has 3 children. She is totally happy. Of course she does not have T. But I mean if it's really the hearing loss that bothers you, let it down.

I know what you mean: I have a great job, was active and now all I can do is crying about my past because of the T. I understand you. T makes you feel anxious. Hearing loss no! At least you don't hear BS of people and that's better :)

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

No offense, but you don't have any real hearing loss....if you can hear up to 18khz the your not close to having real hesring loss that can super effect your life. I'm not trying to be rude here, but it's annoying when I read people say they have hearing loss because they have to somewhat turn up the volume at 18khz or something.

The ringing bothers me most at this point, but both can annoy me and my opinion may change on this day to day. I got kicked out of am-101 and now have no real hope.

3. Cillian

Cillian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection
      @jdjd09 hi how bad is your T ?
      I'm convinced decent treatment for T will be available within the next 5-10 years I believe we will have to take a tablet every day or two

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jdjd09

jdjd09 Member

I'm not taking anymore pills in my life.

5. Cillian

Cillian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection
      Even if it meant getting rid of T?

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You need your hearing aid asap and maybe a masker for your other ear.My tinnitus is sever in both ears and my duel purpose hearing aids do help.
      Wish they stopped my Menieres as so sick and dizzy today ....lots of love glynis

7. Sara_Bond
      Cool

Sara_Bond Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I'm not offended, don't worry. My T offenses more than anything else in the world. I do have a hearing loss. 20db at 8000hz, 30db at 10000Hz and 40 or 50dB at 16000Hz. It seems that I cannot hear upper 10000Hz. I agree with you that's not in the conversation range but even. T annoys me more than a hearing loss. The thing is for me a hearing aid will do nothing as it is useless. But believe me if I could wear one just to temper my T, I will. it means that if you put a hearing aid, it could lessen your T, cause you're hearing your environment more. You see?

The hearing loss doesn't have a super effect on my life, but my T does. And my H too. You know I cannot go outside like this and say: ok I want to forget this T, so let's go to the supermarket (cause I used to love doing this stuff with my mum), some kind of simple stuff like this, cause some noise hurt my ear. Everyday. In your case, you can go outside without experiencing earache. Working in my office is just so hard cause I hear this f****** T. And today I have to wear earplugs that makes me listening to my T more which I already hate. And I have no solutions cause there's no treatment for both T&H. Hearing loss does have a solution.

I just wrote you a message to say that I understand you. Feeling so sad, depressed, feeling like we are cursed. I understand that when we already have a lot of problems, another thing added make the whole thing worst.

But give you a chance. Good luck Jd.

8. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      @jdjd09. You've asked over and over again, for someone here to lead you to a cure for hearing loss. And again and again, have been informed, that right now there is none. You may want to consider moving past this subject. If there was one, you would know about it right here and immediately. Nobody's holding out on you pal. In fact if you find one, other than using hearing aids, let us know.

Your hearing loss is minor to moderate, by what you've explained. You are a prime candidate for hearing aid(s) I wear one and unless I tell someone about it, they'd never know it. They are damn near invisible now. You can demo these devices for usually a 30 day free trial. You can also finance them and some promotions, give you a year without interest payments. It's like someone telling you, hey man, want to demo a Ferrari for 30 days free! You wouldn't even think about it. As the old Nike ad says, "Just do it!"

• Agree Agree x 4