Julian Cowan Hill's Success Stories

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Lisa88, May 10, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Julian Cowan Hill's Success Stories YouTube Thread re tinnitus.
      Positive Tinnitus Stories: Leave Yours Here!

• Like Like x 3
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not known, too many possible causes
      I love Julian Cowan Hill so much! I am indebted to him so! Actually his own success story saved me from suicide. I was in the worst place possible, studying suicide methods, when I found his video on YouTube entitled "stop telling people that there is no cure for T". That was a turning point from me. I was so down and after I watched that video of him I stopped from my free falling and began to pick myself up. He repaired the damage done to my psyche by other sites that were stating that there is no cure for T.
      I consider Julian my saviour.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 3
    3. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hes very well meaning, i have exchange a few messages with him, and he seems genuine and kind
      :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had a private conversation with him on this very site, TT. I had the exact same impression: genuine and kind. Wonderful human being. How did you get to exchange messages with him, @Mario martz?

5. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey Dana!, just like you, i messaged him here :)
      and he replies back, even that he knows i cant afford a skype session.
      very well meaning.

6. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Mario martz
      You joined only recently TT and Julian still answers the messages he gets on this site, although he stopped posting on TT almost two years ago?
      Wow! What a guy!

• Like Like x 1
    7. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Yes! i saw him online and right away i messaged him.
      he seems to be very kind.
      he obviously understands the situation :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ditto! He gave me the most spot on answers to my questions too.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Lisa88
      You had a genius idea to start this thread for people to post here success stories, as Julian is proposing on his YouTube page. This way Julian can post on his youtube page a link to this thread, and the T sufferers will find about the other source (TT members about Julian, and Julian followers about Tinnitus Talk forum) Brilliant!

10. Path Maker

Path Maker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Julian is the real deal. I say that without having ever spoken to or met him. I can just KNOW.

And yes, he presents hope in a very real way.

Whenever I'm having a really hard day, I just turn him on on youtube. Calms me instantly.

Because of him, I have begun tai chi.

He is just ... a gift.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I also know the "instant Julian Cowan effect". I, too, revisit his page on difficult days. Whatever my worries and questions are on that day, it seems to me that his videos are answering them and they seem always "up to date". Something strange: his videos do not seem like what they are, older recordings, they never seem to "age". It's like he has a video session with you via Skype, talking to you live. I guess "when you're real, you're real", that is the only explanation I have.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Dana
      Chicken

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey, @Path Maker , when you finish making a path with tai chi, return and show us the way, okay?

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      Hah! If you followed the path I make with tai chi, you would look like a drunken bumble bee in a hailstorm.

I am the Lucy-and-Ethel of tai chi, all rolled into one.

And yet ... and yet ... it calms me ...

:) :) :)

14. Path Maker

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic
      I believe we each have our work to do in this world. And our journeys can lead us to this work, in twists and turns. I'm sure during many of the years that Julian suffered with tinnitus, he wouldn't have imagined that one day, the overcoming of it would lead him to making these videos and spending a good portion of his time helping people with this.

He doesn't even know all the people he's comforted.

I believe we are each here to do that, in ways that are apparent and in ways that may always be hidden from us.

Eckhart Tolle teaches that, in essence, life was never MEANT to be one pure, unblemished road of "happy." He teaches that it is all about growth, and growth doesn't occur unless there is something to grow THROUGH. Hence, the hardships.

This kind of stuff is what helps me keep my faith, keep my heart open, keep taking that journey. And, yes ... making PATHS! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Purple Parrot
      Bookworm

Purple Parrot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015 - 3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multiple: anxiety, childhood ear infections, loud music
      Julian is an amazing human being.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      More success stories are posted in comments on his youtube page of positive stories video.

17. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      Instantly clicked on this Thread when i saw his name.

I really like him too. Watched his video 'stop telling people.... '

I think about tinnitus all the time. ONe thought i had about his T.....

He got it at age 16 from being under too much stress / putting his nervous system too much into Fight or Flight ..right ?

Did he have any Damaging Exposure to a high pitched noise / or some other accustical Trauma ?

For a lot of people with T. ..it's about how they've damaged their Ear Nerve with over-exposure and exposure wayy beyond Safe Levels from Electrical Speakers / Pro audio equipment / or any other damaging Accoustical Trauma / or high pitched noise in a small/ closed environment

For those people, in my opinion, the first step is to YES practice all the stuff Julian is saying, it is absolutely true ( getting your nervous system out of Fight or Flight ) ........But Also, it's just going to take time, if you've been damaged from Accoustical Trauma ..........and avoiding any sort of speakers, or any electrical sound that aggravates/ perpetuates the T. needs to be practiced ( and is just as important )

Does he ( Julian ) cover this ?

I'd appreciate any thoughts/ insight/ help/ info ..on this

18. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      He later got t from acoustic trauma (loud speaker). But then got rid of it. It is all possible. Best to talk to him about it.

19. Phones
      Dreaming

Phones Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/headphones ?
      Must have watched an hour of his vids, talks you through some body centred focussing , an easy paesy self body awareness/massage and other treats. I have definetley been too much "in the head" way before T kicked in. I`m no money bags, but I`m sure he charges no more more than a plumber or electrician . Who wouldnt part with hundreds of pounds to fix the boiler come winter ? Now if only I had a flesh wrench I`m thinking.