Justin Bieber — Facial Paralysis from Ramsay Hunt Syndrome (Tinnitus Can Be a Symptom)

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by DimLeb, Jun 11, 2022.

1. DimLeb

DimLeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic Cochleopathy or Maybe Loud Music
      Justin Bieber says he has facial paralysis due to Ramsay Hunt syndrome

Apparently the famous singer and musician, Justin Bieber, has suffered paralysis due to Ramsay Hunt Syndrome.

"Ramsay Hunt syndrome (herpes zoster oticus) occurs when a shingles outbreak affects the facial nerve near one of your ears. In addition to the painful shingles rash, Ramsay Hunt syndrome can cause facial paralysis and hearing loss in the affected ear.

Symptoms:
      • Ear pain
      • Hearing loss
      • Ringing in your ears (tinnitus)
      • Difficulty closing one eye
      • A sensation of spinning or moving (vertigo)
      • A change in taste perception or loss of taste"
      I'm not sure if Justin Bieber has hearing loss, tinnitus or any other ear problems. But I suppose this news could be a bit helpful in raising awareness about these horrible afflictions.

• Like Like x 3
    2. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      I thought the same when I read this news earlier, but then quickly realized that so many musicians have tinnitus, but nobody uses their position to raise awareness. They all don't want to talk about it and act like it's no big deal... which it of course isn't for most people.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DimLeb

DimLeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic Cochleopathy or Maybe Loud Music
      Yeah, so true. Being a musician myself, I am so saddened by the general lack of interest to raise awareness or funds. There is a lot of stigma between musicians about hearing abilities, meaning they're gonna seem less musically qualified to others, meaning less work opportunities... Especially for performing ones.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Bennl

Bennl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, earphones.
      Ye maybe Jeff Bezos or Elon Musk would need to get tinnitus for real funding to happen, although I don't wish it on anyone of course.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Shizune
      Alone

Shizune Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A curse
      Fun fact too, in the past Bieber was sued by a concert goer's mother for millions because a sound blast at a concert exceeded safe dB levels. Resulted in severe tinnitus, hearing loss, and even hyperacusis. No idea what happened in the end or if he ever responded, but his manager apparently mocked the woman for her complaint. They risk their lives and others all the time but they don't really seem to give much of a crap.

• Informative Informative x 2
    6. Utdmad89
      Depressed

Utdmad89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      I think sadly it's the other way around. Most people don't think their tinnitus is a big deal.