Last Night I Realized That Tinnitus Is Serious...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by yzksn, Apr 22, 2020.

1. yzksn

yzksn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, I am 56 years old male, living in New York... Last night I woke up around 3AM in my bed and was fully aware that I hear this high pitched noise that later on I found to be named "tinnitus"... It was around probably for some time in my head, maybe for months, I am not sure... But never so distinct and persistent. Of course it is very annoying, but, thank G-d, bearable. So far. I am not freaking out too fast, so I am taking it easy for now. But... I am going to try to get to the bottom of it, if there is a bottom, of course... It also has to be found yet.

At least I know now that it is nothing unique, judging by number of this forum members... So I welcome myself to the club and wish we all found solutions to every one's individual problem that is common for all of us! Good luck!

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      Mine has been horrible during this shut down. It is torture to hear a shrill high pitched noise in your ears 24-7. Is torture the point. I also live in the United States. I was born here. My ancestor fought in the revolutionary war not only for his rights but for his grandchildren's rights. Torture with electronic surveillance is what this is. The surveillance is not unconstitutional but torture sure as f is.

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Tinnitus tends to fade over time. If yours has been getting louder, you need to figure out why that is.

Have you been exposed to any loud noises between the time when your tinnitus has turned on and now? Have you been taking any ototoxic medication?

https://hlaa-sbc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Ototoxic_Brochure.pdf

If your medication isn't listed at the link above, make sure to use its brand name to search this forum to see if you can find any horror stories.

In addition to avoiding ototoxic drugs, you will want to avoid microsuction or syringing (performed when you need to clean wax out of your ears; a manual tool should be used), and not let your dental hygienist use an ultrasonic scaling tool on you (a manual tool should be used). For more details, see

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...eone-else-who-has-tinnitus.26850/#post-307822

• Like Like x 1