Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. BigNick

BigNick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The treatment is helping me, I'm on week five. It's a bit of a rollercoaster because my tinnitus still fluctuates but the really unpleasant spikes seem to have stopped and the quieter periods are quieter. Also, sounds that used to irritate my tinnitus like my Labrador's claws on laminate flooring seem to not be causing a reaction. Another thing is that my ear spasms are much improved, I went 4 days without a single spasm, they used to go off all day.

Like so many people, I've been through absolute misery since getting tinnitus, seriously felt like offing myself, my girlfriend who had been very loving and supportive until she ruthlessly kicked me out of her life recently due to me being so depressed.

If Lenire doesn't help you then I really believe that other similar approaches will.

I still have tinnitus but trust me it's better than it was and there's a ways to go yet.

• Like x 19
      • Winner x 12
      • Hug x 11
      • Friendly x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Helpful x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    2. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1999 , Worse in September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      I leave on the 10th since I will have to go back for the unit. But might stay longer than that if fellow Tinnitus Talk members are around!

3. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      Sounds awesome. That's about the same time I will be done so let's meet for a Guiness.

• Like Like x 2
    4. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @BigNick Do you have hyperacusis or reactive tinnitus?

5. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      My appointment is in early November. If my audiogram shows too much hearing loss then I'll have to cancel. I'm mostly concerned with my left ear. I think my right ear is pretty close to full volume in the frequencies that I can still hear.

• Like Like x 1
    6. BigNick

BigNick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not things I've been diagnosed with but I am reactive to certain sounds, kettle boiling one of them. Not sure about hyperacusis, perhaps I did in the beginning but mild compared to others I think. Like I said before my ears would freak out because of my dogs feet on laminate flooring, also some loud voices at work caused a reaction.

I don't get any pain from sounds.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      For the Germans here...

Today I contacted the tinnitus clinic in Regensburg via eMail. As far as I thought, this is the clinic that would make Lenire available in Germany. At least I remember that the clinic was also working with Neuromod, but I can be wrong.

Whatever, there are no plans currently to offer Lenire. They say, there is "nothing new" about it. That can mean anything... They say, if there is something new to report, they will publish it on their website.

I even have heard rumors (but only from one person) that they do not work together with Neuromod currently.

Hence I do not expect any immediate availability in Germany. Maybe in Regensburg they do not see the device as a success story. But I really don't know. Seems the only option currently would still be flying to Dublin.

I am still optimistic that one of the devices (Neuromod, Shore, Minnesota) will help us to reduce the tinnitus volume. At least some people will benefit. But I also keep in mind that other sound devices (yes, I know it is now bi-modal) in the past cost a fortune, but did nothing.

• Informative Informative x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. mikki_

mikki_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? / High frequency hearing loss? / Who knows?
    9. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Interesting, I reached out to them and the Berlin Charité Tinnitus Center a few days ago via email and they haven’t gotten back to me yet. I also sent some emails to German tinnitus clinics and they either didn’t reply so far or just said that they’re not planning on offering Lenire. I don’t expect any tinnitus clinic to offer bimodal neurostimulation but at least they’ve heard of it now and know people are asking for medical treatments.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. Ivkopivko
      Speechless

Ivkopivko Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know, probably motorsport + headphones for last years
      As a Slovakian living very close to Austrian, Czech and Hungarian borders I was closely looking for opportunity to undergo the treatment in Regensburg so this very bad news :( ...

So who were those German speaking consultants on-site in Ireland at Neuromod Clinic during the assessment sessions and why were they there?

• Good Question Good Question x 3
    11. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Mine is fucking worse.

• Hug Hug x 12
    12. Sironketchup

Sironketchup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL / Stress / Covid?
      @Martin69 thank you, so nothing new on the German front?
      I've emailed Dr. Langguth asking for any studies with bimodal stimulation but he said there is no ongoing study.

Remember there were German audiologists reported to be onsite at Neuromod, so there must be something going on.
      But probably not from a university, but some kind of private company.

Maybe someone could ask them during their appointment visit where the German audiologists are/were from?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    13. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I don't know either whether Neuromod plans to establish a German partner.

I just know that many ENTs have offered in the past laser therapy, oxygen pressure chamber and finally ACRN accoustic neurostimulation. Almost everyone stoppped offering them, after they realized that they don't help the patients.
      So most ENTs and clinics are very sensitive about new treatments.

It is not understandable why Regensburg isn't involved yet and have no clear picture of a German launch...

14. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      @Allan1967

I’m devastated for you Allan. I have the photo of you outside the Heritage Centre in my mind.

Is your tinnitus worse because of Lenire or could it be the alarms in your home?

Eve

15. jel

jel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      prolonged noise exposure
      Maybe your tinnitus is better because your (now ex) girlfriend isn't bitching around you anymore.

Less stress.

I hope Lenire will do something for me too.

• Funny Funny x 3
    16. kelpiemsp
      Swamped

kelpiemsp Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      birth/ recent spike 2/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Born with ETD, several acoustic traumas, most recently ETD
    17. Rafaa

Rafaa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows? I have Patulous ET and ETD + Other things
      Interesting. Are your ear spasms like the frequency of your tinnitus sound? For example my high pitched tinnitus ear makes a kind of high-pitched bird chirp sound. Like the nerve is spasming or the timing of my tinnitus is temporarily out of sync and makes a tick like sound.

18. friend74
      Doubtful

friend74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      That's pretty disappointing. If not Regensburg, who else in the first place? Maybe the Tinnitus Liga is too powerful in Germany...

19. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I think Neuromod is keeping the light red until the first wave of patients give their testimonies out before committing to a worldwide launch.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    20. Dizzyhead888

Dizzyhead888 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      How do you describe your change on a scale of 1 to 10?

My way of describing the level of tinnitus is for example over what you can hear it. Were you able to hear it over the TV and you stopped hearing it over the TV?

21. Phi

Phi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      Hi,

How long have you had tinnitus? Thanks.

22. BigNick

BigNick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      10 months.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    23. BigNick

BigNick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes and I can still hear it over TV. I still have quite bad tinnitus, it's just not as bad...

In saying that it depends what's on t.v and how loud it is.

As I said previously my tinnitus fluctuate s quite a bit. So hard to rate out of ten but let's say it's gone from a 7 to a 5 overall.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    24. Dizzyhead888

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      I hope by the end of the 3 months, you get a significant reduction.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 2
    25. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      You have much room left to improve, people had improvements after treatment.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    26. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      Hey everyone. @Krolo and I are sitting in an Irish pub drinking some Guinness after our first Lenire appointments. Both of us got cleared to use it! Just thinking of everyone on here and wishing you all well! :)

I'll write a short note of what my experiences were later.

• Like x 21
      • Hug x 4
      • Winner x 4
      • Funny x 1
      • Friendly x 1
    27. Dizzyhead888

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      So what can exclude you:

Hearing loss
      Psychiatric issues
      Possibly being too desperate and not accepting anything less than a cure
      Any mechanical cause that can be fixed before trying Lenire

Anything else?

28. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Congratulations! : D

When do you pick up your Lenire? How about @Krolo?

[I have an appointment in a week and I wonder if there are chances for picking Lenire up in three or four weeks after the initial appointment...]

• Like Like x 1
    29. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm really sorry to hear that, but from what you've said in the other thread, you've both had noise exposure, and you're not adhering to the treatment protocol.

This stuff isn't like aspirin, you can't use it PRN, and the neurological effects of starting and stopping a whole bunch of times haven't actually, uh, been studied, in humans or even in animals as far as I can tell.

30. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      My pickup is in mid November. Their schedule seems way overwhelmed which is kind of understandable. If they are seeing 9 patients a day counting new and old there is an insane cumulative effect on the scheduling since every time you see a new patient you add 3 more visits which means that time slots are scarce.

I must say that I think Neuromod was a pleasant, professional and caring environment. I come from it with a good feeling about my upcoming treatment. As always me going into an audiology booth spikes my tinnitus to crazy levels. They got this vibrating sound to help with the identification of hearing and that helped me out immensely. My hearing is normal except that at 16 kHz it drops off quite a bit. But yeah. Can't wait til I get the unit and can start doing my 2 sessions a day. I will try and have a 12h schedule on my sessions so it's spaced out properly.

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 1