Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Piney

Piney Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shingles virus
      If you're charging $2500 for anything, it should work, especially if you’re claiming it’s a medical device for a patient. That’s the world I live in.

• Agree Agree x 6
      • Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. razo

razo Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Audio exposure
      DIY bimodal stimulation: with a 9v battery on/off the tongue and music on the headphones. Has anyone tried it? :ROFL:

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I agree, no reduction? Money back guarantee. THAT would give me more trust in Neuromod.

• Agree Agree x 5
    4. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Says who? It seems to do that for some people but others improve differently. Check out the testimonials, there is a young man who says his tinnitus progressively faded during the trial.

For our experience group it seems like it's kind of happening on average, just up and down a little.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      Very valid point, Piney:

I spent $5,269.00 on Desyncra and it was as effective as shining a flashlight on my head would have been.
      There were no refunds and they simply said they were sorry that it was useless in my case.
      My mistake was to not seek the opinion of a highly regarded ENT Doctor before undertaking this (there was only an audiologist involved).

If in fact Susan Shore's device is available in the second half of next year, I will rely on the advice of a highly regarded ENT Doctor I know (who already told me that it showed potential).
      Regardless of the risk that for whatever arcane reasons it may not work for me, I am still going to undertake this when it is available.

After 5 years and 8 months of this condition, I am, however, behooved to try every newly offered therapy with the determination to finally eradicate this.

• Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Rio80

Rio80 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis + Neurotoxicity
      I've been denied treatment due to my level of hearing loss. After months and months of hope for this treatment all I can say is this royally sucks.

Finding out now stings a lot but I would have been beyond frustrated/upset if I had spent all this money to travel from the US West Coast only for them to tell me no then. Thankfully I checked in with this thread from time to time. They really should send out a blast email updating all folks scheduled for 2019 about this requirement as I'm sure the majority don't follow this thread. I think it's the decent thing to do.

In case anyone is wondering they said the cut off for low frequency is 40 dB and high frequency is 80 dB. You go over that you're not eligible for treatment. So anyone who suspects they may have moderate levels of hearing loss or worse (moderate starts at barely 40 dB) get tested and send in your audiogram well before you make plans to travel! They literally got back to me within a few hours after I sent it in so they do respond rapidly.

The receptionist who comes across as an absolute sweetheart did use the words "at this time" you're not eligible. I thought about asking if at a later time I may be eligible but thought twice since any response back probably would be a canned generic (albeit polite) answer without any substance behind it. I figure I'll just check back in a year or so once this is released in the US but surely won't get my hopes up about it.

My appointment had been for early November so only silver lining about this is that there is now an opening for someone to slide in. Best of luck to everyone who does the treatment.

• Hug Hug x 11
      • Like Like x 1
    7. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Can you post your audiogram here? (blank out any personal info)

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      From all the reports I've read on here there hasn't been any gradual reduction of people's tinnitus over the last 6 weeks, it seems to go away and then bounce back to baseline (which could still be an indicator it's leaving). I know they're only at the halfway point though.

• Like Like x 1
    9. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      That's what I'm saying. If we were to turn it into a scatter plot, the underlying trend is downwards. @Redknight's, for example, sounds a little like a roller coaster but the trend is reduction below baseline. And yes, it is early, I think most of the users are only 4 going on 5 weeks in, so this to me is a pretty good sign.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    10. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I'm crossing my fingers this is it.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    11. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      When are we heading up north?

Waiting for it to come to us will be a loooong wait...

• Like Like x 1
    12. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      That's the demarcation line between those who are content being early adopters and those who will only jump in with 100% assurances.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Your situation is eerily similar to mine including the November scheduled date. I have been procrastinating getting an audiogram but I'm definitely going to have to do it before I consider buying a ticket. I feel for ya, though.

14. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I focused on verifying if I had tinnitus
      You guys are funny... The world you live in doesn't exist.
      Tinnitus is a subjective disease.
      You could just fake not being cured.
      What you are saying is they should rely on words and trust people blindly.
      You wouldn't trust people by words, so why would they?

What you are suggesting will never happen.

• Agree Agree x 8
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      As much as I would like that unfortunately in the real world this just wouldn’t work. There would be too many people returning for a refund regardless of whether they had a reduction or not.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Useful Useful x 1
    16. Annpann

Annpann Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      In the Tinnitus Talk interview they said that it may be possible in the future to play the sounds through hearing aids.

• Like Like x 1
    17. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      And also cochlear implants. @Rio80 don't lose hope; you will need to wait 1-2 extra years but serving people with serious hearing impairments is definitely in Neuromod's plans.

As a silver lining, by that time, we will definitely know whether Lenire works and with what characteristics.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    18. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I don’t think so, humanity might be disgusting at times, but the majority of people aren’t going to lie like that, if the device works as well as they say it does they’ll make tons of money regardless, and a return policy doesn’t mean everyone is going to just return their devices. Satisfied customers aren’t like that.

Yeah, tinnitus is subjective, that’s why we need to pay $2750 for a device that may or may not even do anything for you based on blind faith in a company that hasn’t released the peer reviews papers yet.

They know it works for 86% right? If it reduces tinnitus for the majority of patients then they’ll know most patients will be satisfied, and won’t request a refund.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's not about being disgusting. It's just that they can't say "oh okay we trust you, here is your 2750 dollars".

Plus even if it doesn't work, it takes people and time. So that would mean people would work for free? Really?
      Because it didn't work doesn't mean they didn't work. They don't work for free which is totally normal. And you can't simply trust what patients claim.

I am telling you this policy will never exist. First because tinnitus is subjective. Second because they are not just selling a device, they are selling a prestation. You can't reimburse a prestation because you can't take back time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    20. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Mine is also very reactive and I can very much relate to this. I am very happy you have had a good result with that.

Does a car ride typically mask your tinnitus on a bad day (before you got better)?

I understand your tinnitus was around 4 kHz, any hearing loss in that area?

21. David S

David S Member Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      I just signed up for Lenire.

How soon could you expect to have an appointment?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    22. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      Unfortunately you are living in a dream world.

• Agree Agree x 2
    23. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I would imagine well into 2020 unless they have a significant ramp up. I signed up in late July and they recently wrote me they they would be contacting me in September/October for an appointment in early 2020.

24. F-u-T

F-u-T Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trama
      I signed up about a week after available and still don’t have an appointment. Sometime in 2020 is what I expect. By then they should have other clinics for distribution.

25. acute
      Depressed

acute Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      Not until 2020.

26. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      Unfortunately, probably the second half of 2020. Neuromod was emailing people that they're all booked up for 2019 since early August. They only have one clinic at the moment, and every patient visits them 4 times.

• Informative Informative x 1
    27. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Nothing masks my tinnitus really, it will be louder than any noise, but gets quiet in a quiet space. The only thing that masks it, are high frequency beeps/chirps that I found on YouTube. Car drives, rain, waves etc (sounds like white noise) make it worse, not better.

My very mild hearing loss is at 4 kHz, but the tone of my tinnitus feels higher than that I think, it's so very hard to tell with it varying so often.

28. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Realistically Q1 or Q2 of 2020.

29. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      It's fine to state that you aren't willing to take the risk but please respect those who do. We're not as gullible as you think.

30. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Are you sure you read right what I wrote?

• Like Like x 1