Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. winstona
      Balanced

winstona Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure and excessive ear irrigation
      I can drive/fly to the States but if I have to travel, I may as well go directly to the source. The only difference is an air ticket.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. winstona
      Balanced

winstona Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wait, do you mean an audiologist can just get the Lenire and sell it without Health Canada‘s approval?

3. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I’m not certain. But I think audiology in Canada is mainly privatized. Or at least run by individual provinces.

Well, it would mean that Neuromod wouldn’t need a stamp of approval to train audiologists here to fit and sell it as a reseller. I don’t believe hearing aids require Health Canada’s approval.

In that case, we could get it before the US does.

4. winstona
      Balanced

winstona Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow if that’s the case it will be great.

Let’s wait for the official launch announcement for more details!

5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      They probably do have hearing loss. The best way to check for hearing loss is to literally just ask a simple question if one had a history or event of loud noise exposure. It's amazing how asking a question shows better evidence than a hearing test.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      Will you get the device if it works?

7. spedgas
      Scared

spedgas Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I see a retail box there in front of them. Zooming in on that box got me excited. They’re smiling because they know they will soon be wildly rich.

0FA9806D-10E3-4303-BE1C-57A2FDC0E0E8.jpeg

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
      • Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 3
    8. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Oh man how am I supposed to get this in Australia?

• Like Like x 1
    9. PureNoise

PureNoise Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Can I purchase Neuromod's Lenire from a clinic in Ireland or other countries in Europe if I am flying in from the U.S.?

What do I have to do to register with a clinic selling Lenire in order to buy it?

Also how much is Lenire going to cost and do we need to replace the tongue appliance every 6 months?

10. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well, I'm scared that I do not have hearing loss and then Lenire will not work.

Do you believe in the theory that everyone who is exposed to noise has hearing loss? (I liked to listen to music through headphones, but at reasonable volumes, and I was once at a concert in my life in 2012, besides that I was always in silence - no discos, noisy bars).

11. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Don't worry... If your hearing is fine that won't be an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      For the price [which won't be cheap I imagine] I would have hoped for a little steel briefcase. If and when I get mine I'll be guarding it with my life and keeping it in a fire proof safe as knowing my luck my house would probably burn down.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      Everyone has some kind of hearing loss starting from the day we are born, but we here are special cases who get tinnitus.

Wait for the genuine reviews from other people here, if it works then we don't have that long trip from Poland to Germany if it's going to be a parallel launch.

14. Hayls32

Hayls32 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pulsatle to begin with. Noise exposure later in life
      I'm actually very excited about this! Something tangible is coming out of the trials, and even though there is a chance I might be the odd one it doesn't work for, I'm still going to go for it! I've had enough of the noise. I know it's not great to get your hopes up but I've dealt with hopes being dashed with tinnitus for at least 15 years... soooooo

I'm going for it when it comes out. :rockingbanana:

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    15. Hayls32

Hayls32 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I hope for your sake that your house doesn't burn down x

16. Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      But don't you think it must work when you see the number of people who are putting their professional reputations on the line, the planning, the investment, going global with this etc etc?

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. Shelly75

Shelly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I wonder if they’ll release it through The Tinnitus Clinic in the UK? Would make sense I guess as they are already established and sell other devices?

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      That's why I'm still watching this thread and their work, I just need a confirmation from people here that I know they're genuine.

I will probably not be able to afford it at launch anyway so I need to save a lot of money and it's going to take time too. Even more so when the currency in my country is 4 times weaker than Euro (assuming that it will launch in Germany in parellel to Ireland) and as long as it's not available here directly the price will not be adjusted for the local market. I need ~4-5X more worktime to afford it and the trip is not free either :(

Probably it will be available here quicker than I will be able to afford it, so I'll wait for the reviews. It's a really, really strong and hard hit for me and my family's wallet if I want to try it.

Sorry, I needed to vent out a little. I'm waiting for this but I'm also frustrated knowing that affording Lenire is going to be a really tough one (assuming it's ~2500 Euro). I will probably have to sell half (if not all) of my things lol, it's a high risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Not necessarily, it depends on what you mean by "work". Us sufferers might have a different measurement on it than the scientists.

• Like Like x 1
    20. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Their own data concedes it doesn't work for everyone and the results vary. That means buying into it is a gamble. That's been a dominant theme discussed by the middle-of-the-roaders here for months.

They may have run this on hundreds of people, but that's still a small sample size, IMHO. Once it's filtered out to thousands or tens of thousands, the real trendline will emerge.

Note the exclusion criteria used to date. I don't know about the newest trial but the previous trial excluded people who had had tinnitus for more than what, 5 years? Duration of tinnitus is a big question mark from my perspective as a long-term sufferer and I'm sure others are also wondering whether it will work for them if they also differ from those in the trials who are now allowed to just buy in and gamble.

Personally, I think the exclusion criteria won't make much of a difference in results, but that's just a gut feeling on my part. Nevertheless, I'd rather be a second-adopter, and I kind of have to anyway, being in the US.

Based on the data we have on hand they haven't established any pattern for why some people respond and others don't other than hyperacusis (something I have, which is a point in my favor). But what I feel should happen (and it's something maybe this forum can assist with) is to gather up volunteer result data and try crunching some numbers ourselves.

I used to belong to the Tesla Model 3 list and they did something similar, they had spreadsheets for reservists and tried to figure out patterns on wait times for cars with various options.

I would assume Neuromod would continue gathering stats themselves so it may be redundant but this would be a way to cross-check their data.

21. AliceW

AliceW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - loud noise
      Will they have enough devices for everyone? Because they might have a lot of clients...

I hope they will work with several clinics in each country or the waiting list will be long...

22. dellwas

dellwas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussion or ETD
      Audiology is private in Nova Scotia, and as such is not covered by MSI (Nova Scotia Medical Services Insurance). Devices that fall under Class 1 do not need to be licensed by Health Canada, anything in any other class does. Trouble is I can't find out if hearing aids are Class 1 or one of the others. I'll keep looking.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-can...ion/buying-medical-devices-over-internet.html

• Like Like x 1
    23. Mike T

Mike T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dont Know Just Appeared
      15 years. I've had mine for 14 months and I will be having a go at it when it arrives. Losing one year to this noise has been enough. I can't envisage 15 years.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    24. Hayls32

Hayls32 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's actually been 20 years but for 15 years I guess I've been truly bothered by it. I'm sorry you're suffering x

• Hug Hug x 1
    25. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I struggle to understand what the demand will actually be also. There is a lot of passion on this forum for the device whether it be good or bad but how many "heads" does that really equate to?

I am assuming the demand for early adopters will not be crazy due to a few factors like price point and limited market penetration not to mention lots of "wait and see" crowd.

Lack of insurance coverage is also going to limit who can or will get the device. If coverage changes for the device then all bets are off and Neuromod will be celebrating their new revenue streams.

I am more worried about getting into a clinic, like you mentioned. I have no clue how wait times are in Ireland. In U.S. I can get into an audiologist tomorrow if I wanted.

26. Shelly75

Shelly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I wonder if they’ve trialled patients using the device for longer than 12 weeks. Or what happens with doing two blocks of treatment ? Could you technically use it once for 12 weeks and bring your tinnitus down a level then use it again a few months later and bring it down some more etc until it’s down to pretty much nothing ?

• Good Question Good Question x 4
    27. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      The Hubert Lim presentation suggests the improvements plateau after a while so I'm not sure just continuing on will keep driving more and more improvement. That's why they tried mixing up the parameters midway through, because it seemed that the body was building up a tolerance to it.

What MIGHT work is to re-run the treatment after, let's say, a six-month break in the middle, that would allow the body to lose its tolerance. That hasn't been tried yet.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Shelly75

Shelly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yes - I was just looking at the presentation slides thinking the same about the plateau effect after 12 weeks.
      It would make sense that you might get further reduction after a break. You might get some natural habituation to a new lower level tinnitus during a break then you could give it another blast with the device and maybe reduce it further! It’s very exciting.

• Like Like x 1
    29. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      What's the hold up with this stupid thing?

People are suffering, they claim it works, they aren't saying anything and they are charging a criminal amount of money for it.

30. Shelly75

Shelly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Have they released how much it will cost? How much is it?