Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      And what is just a few miles around Dublin?

2. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      Good luck with the treatment. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Did they test you for MML/TLM today, and give you the decibels figure?

• Like Like x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 2
    3. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

El BUZZ Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Anything but Dublin...

Cork City, Galway, Inis Mór, Dun Aengus, Poll na bPéist, Sligo, Knocknarea, Carrowmore, Cuil Irra and many, many pubs with an excellent atmosphere, traditional music and fine beverages.

4. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      So what specifically makes Dublin bad? Dirt? Crime? When I was in NYC there were trash bags piled up on the curbs and homeless everywhere. One time I went to a donut shop with my daughter and literally a naked homeless guy was sleeping face-down. That really took away from the upside of the museums, Central Park, and landmarks.

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      @Krolo good luck! Are you going to do the two sessions at the same time every day?

Any pics to share from your trip or treatment?

• Like Like x 3
    6. Lucky97

Lucky97 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Howth. Take the bus number 31 and go to Howth, 8000 people and a beautiful alternative to the Cliff of Moher.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1999 , Worse in September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      Thanks mate! No, they did that last time around. This time just device demo, pickup and pay.
      will try to stick them at the same time mostly yeah. Figured a 12 hour in between should be optimal. Yeah I took some pics but it's mainly on food, dunno how to share them here though haha.

• Like Like x 1
    8. PeterPan
      Nerdy

PeterPan Member Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heat Exhaustion
      Hello Everyone,

I'd like to give everyone who is contributing to the Lenire User Experience Group surveys a huge thank you. Thanks very much for your participation!!

If you are purchasing the device in the near future and haven't joined up yet, please consider joining as the information you can provide will be of great benefit to the tinnitus community. You can join by clicking on the banner at the top of this thread.

The purpose of the group is for users of the device to share information on their experience in an objective way. This is a supplement to the more subjective experiences described in the Lenire — User Experiences and Reviews thread.

Once we have collected enough data, we will share the information that has been provided in the form of charts and a statistical analysis of the results. While we originally expected this presentation to be available about April 2020, it may be a little later as the time between the Initial Assessment and the Device Fitting visits is turning out to be quite a bit more than 2 weeks (more like about 6-8 weeks now; our original assumption was based on public information provided by Neuromod). At the moment we have collected about 1/3 of the user data for the 12 week milestone.

Note that Tinnitus Talk is not affiliated with Neuromod in any way, so we have no interest in presenting the results which are favourable or otherwise to Neuromod.

We will also be presenting information about baseline tinnitus (i.e. pre-treatment tinnitus) around January 2020.

Also, rest assured that all information provided will be presented in anonymous form.

If you have any questions about the survey, you can PM me!

PeterPan

• Winner Winner x 7
      • Like Like x 6
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      There should be a "balls licking" rating option in this forum.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      giphy.gif

• Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 1
    11. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Maybe someone asked this question already but... Does anyone know if Lenire would work for low drone hum too (low pitch tinnitus)?

I've had high pitch tinnitus in both ears for about 12 years (from loud music), but 4 years ago new sounds were added (sirens, crickets, and a low drone).

This low drone would get worse periodically, for no reason, so am just wondering if Lenire could work on that kind of frequency.

• Like Like x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    12. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Haven't you already asked this same question and been given an answer.

Anyway, Lenire is claimed to work on all types of tinnitus, no matter the pitch.

Why haven't you bothered to listen to the recent Dr. Ross O'Neill interview the Tinnitus Talk Podcast people did??

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    13. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      @ajc

Thanks for your reply.

I've asked this question before, yes, but haven't had an answer so I appreciate your input.

I didn't have much time lately so I haven't yet but I'm about to listen Dr. O'Neill's interview right now!

Thanks again.

• Like Like x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    14. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yayyy, that was a rough one, mate. We aren't on a car or saxophone forum. People here suffer so... Could be nice to remain patient, polite and gentle in any circumstance.

• Agree Agree x 7
      • Like Like x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    15. Rafa03

Rafa03 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      Thanks @El BUZZ.

I've seen another two posters who asked the same question but they never got an answer either so I was just curious.

Thanks for your understanding bro.
      Peace.

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 3
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    16. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      Hey @Krolo, I took a look around Tinnitus Talk and couldn't find the data.

Are you able to post the decibel figures of your MML/TLM that Neuromod measured?

Would be much appreciated, cheers.

• Like Like x 1
    17. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Does anyone have an explanation about why there is so long of a delay between the original assessment and fitting?

I know their business model isn't built around people flying from around the world to get this treatment, but there sure are a lot of people that jump on long flights to give their product a try.

It would seem with their long waiting list that they should have little fear that if they had some waiting in stock on the shelf that they would sell them out pretty quickly.

Unless there is something in the build that is specific to the patient, other than the programming, it seems a real shame to not be able to issue the device within a week of the first appointment.

18. JayBowson

JayBowson Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic/Bad shoes?
      At some stage in the recent podcast Ross O'Neill explains they do this for a couple of reasons.

For anyone who has had tinnitus a shorter time (weeks/months) it adds more certainty that their condition has become chronic. As the chances that someone will spontaneously remit grow weaker with time.

It's also a significant financial commitment for a treatment that will very likely not force your tinnitus into complete remission or cause a huge dramatic improvement. So it's worth taking the time to consider the possibility that you will only mildly respond or not at all once the audiologist runs you through it.
      We know that the tongue tips are actually made by a small Irish company and that there is a certain amount of the unit put together and configured in the Irish offices also. These things aren't being shipped en masse from China and stored in a dedicated Lenire warehouse. So the amount of stock on hand and time to prepare is probably a limiting factor too.

Keeping in mind that their capital is also limited. An 8 million euro investment might sound like a lot but when you consider staff salaries (field leading experts like Hubert Lim are rarely cheap), inventory costs, third party costs, ongoing research, facility rental etc etc... They probably have to manage their input/output on a razor's edge.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    19. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Neuromod got back to me in regards to an email I sent them recently:

"We should be scheduling 2020 appointments very soon. We had intended on allocating patients to 2020 appointment much earlier but wanted to try and secure more appointment slots/days by acquiring more clinic days and staff so that we can work through the waiting list. We hope to have the new room up and running in the next week or so if all goes to plan.

The announce of the German clinic should be very soon and will be announced via the mailing list."

---------
      My thoughts are the new room will probably also reduce the delay between the initial assessment and the fitting.

• Like Like x 5
      • Informative Informative x 2
    20. Krolo

Krolo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1999 , Worse in September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Volume
      In regards to Lenire I would like to put some thoughts up in here.

I was told that one should be relaxed and not do anything active like computer, TV etc but apparently reading is ok.

I opted to go for full on meditative state with closed eyes to keep my mind as chill as possible.

What have the rest of you Lenire users been doing?

As second question about stimulants/alcohol. How many did go straight edge on everything during the treatment?

I don´t know all people to tag so if someone could help tagging people to this question it would be appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
    21. vttbx

vttbx Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2001
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Do you know if it's possible to have the assessment and the fitting on the same day or a short time in between?

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    22. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      As far as I know they haven't done that before and there hasn't been any word of them changing that process, but my thoughts are the extra room and staff would reduce the time in between the assessment visit and the fitting visit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    23. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Redknight might have some advice if he is still going to check up on Tinnitus Talk every now and then.

Though I still am waiting for an appointment, I'm thinking doing things like exercise and yoga would be helpful, as well as the things you mentioned.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. El BUZZ
      Buzzed

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    25. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @ChrisBoyMonkey

I'm the worst patient! I try my best to sit and do nothing, but often end up reading on my phone. Neuromod have advised that I try my best to focus on the music as much as possible, even if that's only for part of the treatment.

There is no data that suggests that doing nothing helps or hinders Lenire. What they do know though, is that during the trials they asked everyone to do as little as possible and they want to replicate that advice with real users. I believe there is theory, that suggests that focus and awareness of the stimulus should help.

In my experience, having done Lenire many many many times now, it is easy to get distracted and you forget it's playing. It's very much like the times when you are busy and don't notice your tinnitus. I try and actively hear Lenire as much as possible.

3 days of zero tinnitus this week btw.

• Like x 18
      • Winner x 13
      • Hug x 3
      • Helpful x 2
      • Optimistic x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Informative x 1
    26. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Haven't really been following this Lenire thread in the last month. Has Lenire been working or not?

27. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      And these days when tinnitus is present how intrusive it is? How would you rate it between 1-10 on worse days?

28. Ivkopivko
      Speechless

Ivkopivko Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know, probably motorsport + headphones for last years
      What about the remaining 4 days, how's the noise like? 3 days in a row or every second day?

Thanks!

29. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Check out the User Experiences and Reviews thread. The majority of reviewers indicate that Lenire hasn't made any significant to their tinnitus, but a minority have reported much improved tinnitus and a smaller minority have reported tinnitus getting worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. alex1975

alex1975 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound induced
      Does anyone know if Neuromod gets back to you with an appointment date within the two weeks that they claim on their site, once you fill out the questionnaire? Or is it longer these days due to how busy they are?

• Like Like x 1