Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Sironketchup

Sironketchup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL / Stress / Covid?
      I have been waiting since July lol... :/

• Like Like x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. alex1975

alex1975 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound induced
      Darn! I guess I have a ways to go...

• Like Like x 1
    3. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Last I heard they just hired more staff and are about to start having a second room to use, so the wait shouldn't be as bad as it has been anymore.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Yes but for the most part not at a cure level. It also doesn't work for some, but no one knows why not yet. You'll find some people reporting more improvements or of people they know on this regular thread than just on the User Experiences & Reviews thread.

It seems to average at a "knock you down a severity" type manner for most so long as there aren't other factors to worsen the tinnitus. Some have said it hasn't done much for them, most had other things going on that probably didn't help, and more have said it helped. One lucky guy did get to near cure status, if you take the time to look at the experiences thread or just a few posts back this one he talks about it. There is also someone who got worse but sadly he had reactive tinnitus and other things like exposure to a fire alarm and ear infection that probably had a lot to do with it getting worse.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      June here...

• Like Like x 3
    6. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      I’ve been on the waiting list since June.

• Like Like x 3
    7. F-u-T

F-u-T Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trama
      June as well.

• Like Like x 2
    8. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hello Mr. Tech, I was just going back over the thread and just saw this. I appreciate it.

The VA really doesn't have enough to treat tinnitus. Only recently has it been getting their attention as it is now the most common veteran disability. The DoD is funding some research, but I believe it could still be doing a lot more. Getting Neuromod's Lenire for the veterans would be something they could do for now, while still funding more curative research.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do you remember the usernames of anyone who's tried Lenire and posted an outcome on this thread, but not the User Experiences thread?

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    10. Ruse
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      @Clearance and @drcross to name a couple.

We’ve also heard from users on this thread 4-5 anecdotal reports of improvement from patients not on the forum.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. alex1975

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound induced
      Just got an email from them. Looks like they are confirming current appointments and if there are any cancellations, we might get lucky to get seen before the end of the year! Fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 3
    12. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks. I'm very much a believer in the value of anecdotal forum success or failure stories of newer medical treatments, but I think you have to be careful when it's second hand. Unless it's a screenshot or something.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Demigod

Demigod Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus infection of inner ear
      Sorry to disappoint you @alex1975 but this is the generic response a lot of us got when we applied back in summer, I hope it is true of course.

• Agree Agree x 4
    14. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @El BUZZ posted a screenshot from a trusted friend of his using the device and having success.

I also remember someone talking about their mom's friend having much success too.

There were more but it's hard to go back and look on this thread since it's so big.

• Agree Agree x 3
    15. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Absolutely agreed. I compiled the anecdotes together myself and I would absolutely not include them unless I was sure they were legit.

• Like Like x 6
    16. alex1975

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound induced
      Bummer! Thanks for the heads up...

• Like Like x 2
    17. pinklights98
      No Mood

pinklights98 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      APPOINTMENT UPDATE:

Keep an eye on your emails everyone! I think new appointments should be rolling out soon. I have been on the waiting list since summer and I just got offered an appointment for late December of this year.

I was amongst the individuals who had received an email relaying that all 2019 appointments had been allocated and I was waiting on 2020 appointments to be released—got a very pleasant surprise this morning when I was offered a 2019 consultation appointment.

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    18. Ruse
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      I wonder whether this is a cancellation?

Has anyone else been offered an appointment yet?

• Like Like x 2
    19. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Drone Draper

Thank you for your long detailed review and your thoughts on consideration of the device, it's very realistic.

I have a question, since the tone changed, does this make it easier to mask or at least ignore in day to day life like at work, at the store, driving, etc.?

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      @Drone Draper that was a wonderfully written and well-informed post in the Lenire User Experiences thread.

Thank you for taking the time to put it out there. I hope things go well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    21. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      About Drone Draper's report:

His comment about how his tinnitus "changed more in pitch and tone than in actual volume" replicates the numerous commentaries from Lenire's posted testimonials on YouTube.
      I am still utterly mystified by such a comment.

It is akin to stating that an area of pain is changed in character but not less intense.

Was the pitch and tone different, and although just as loud, nonetheless a sound that was not as grating?

I don't particularly care if the changed sound approximated the Adagio in Beethoven's Spring Sonata; it would still be devastatingly intrusive if I knew it was constant and unalterable.

His caveat about not expecting major reductions, i.e. "some improvement but nothing miraculous", only makes me all the more confused when such "improvement" will not result in a really perceptible decrease in volume.

I played this shell game with myself once before with Desyncra.

Please notify me if I am misinterpreting this and should stand corrected.
      I want as much as anyone else to develop a confidence about this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    22. MRItechssuck
      Disappointed

MRItechssuck Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Severe 10/17/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise, MRI
      Another testimonial, another depressing moment for me... only my personal opinion.

• Agree Agree x 6
    23. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I haven't received the answer to the question yet, but what I'm thinking is that the changing the tone to less high pitch would make it less intrusive and easier to mask.

Before I got this new baseline, mine was not very high pitched and easily maskable with day to day sound. Now with this new baseline that is much more high pitch but not much louder, I here it almost everywhere. I've measured it with white noise to verify loudness hasn't changed much.

So that's why I asked the question... His experience with the meeting room before treatment sounds like this is what's happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
    24. JayBowson

JayBowson Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic/Bad shoes?
      As someone who also suffers mildly from a sub-type of arthritis I can tell you I'd much rather have my enthesitis in my forearm than in my IT band (I've had both). The level of pain is roughly the same but only one of them bothers me more due to how I sleep and cycle for exercise.

We're now in a situation where several users have reported kinda the same thing. That they experience a change in tone but not volume. Again the THI comes to the forefront. We can only go by what people are saying. If users are telling us that the volume hasn't changed but the shift in pitch or tone is less annoying or intrusive then that's what's important IMO. Different sounds of tinnitus definitely carry different weight to individuals. My center head gentle 'hissssssssss' is certainly less annoying and more easily maskable than my left ear 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeee'. Even if the left ear sound is about the same volume. If Lenire transformed my eeeee to a hisssss that would definitely be an improvement for me. I'm sure many here would say the same.
      We're definitely though the looking glass now. I can understand being depressed about negative or non responsive reports. It was far too early for the grey clouds IMO but I can understand. But being depressed about positive reviews?
      Why? If users are reporting being less annoyed by their tinnitus what possible reason is there to be so morose?

• Winner Winner x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    25. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I’m afraid I am starting to come to the conclusion that this is not going to be worth the 4 trips around the world to try.

If they can make it so that you can do the assessment and fitting in the same week and then update remotely I’d be interested in trying. Even with the sort of largely underwhelming results reported I am still intrigued if they could only make access easier. At least for me I am pretty certain that the difference between a good day and a bad day is really quite slight in terms of actual volume, a sort of knife’s edge if you will and therefore there is the possibility that a modest change could have a significant impact on my quality of life.

That being said 10 grand plus in airplane tickets/hotels and more than a week in the air is a high barrier to entry for what sounds like a somewhat ethereal improvement.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. Paul1980

Paul1980 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, prescription drugs
      Thank you for the review Drone Draper. Maybe we need a bass line to go with the guitar tabs? I play by ear too.

Again, my completely unscientific take on this is it seems to be in line with the testimonials and study results which purport it not to be a cure but to change the nature of the sound, and I guess I can understand why this helps some people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Drone Draper,

Your post was very informative and helpful. Did Neuromod make any comment about wearing the in-ear maskers (on whether they affect treatment, results, etc.)? Is it okay to wear the maskers during the 12 week treatment/and after?

28. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      I tend to disagree, tone and pitch matters if it comes to level of annoyance, at least for me. I have 2 tinnitus sounds, both are of the same volume, low pitch hum in left ear and head cricket. I couldn't care less about the hum, while the cricket annoys me as hell. If the cricket was gone and hum stayed, and my tinnitus volume remained the same, but qualify of life would increase dramatically.

• Agree Agree x 6
    29. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Indeed... :(

30. LongWait

LongWait Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      So we're all waiting the long haul for Dr. Shore's device with baited breath now.

• Agree Agree x 2