Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      Well in theory we already know that in the clinical trials 86% had an improvement and 66% had significant improvement. I would say this is a large amount taking into consideration that the trials had around 500 participants. I fully understand skepticism but to say this treatment will not work even before it is launched is rather pessimistic.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Watasha
      No Mood

Watasha Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    3. jmasterj
      No Mood

jmasterj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic?
      This thread is like a roller coaster. You guys make me want to drink, but I can't because it spikes my tinnitus. ;)

@Allan1967 The best guess is still June based on @annV's source.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Doubt it. Think you misunderstand, I’m not comparing it to Neuromod. Just saying getting past peer review isn’t a rubber stamp of quality sadly.

5. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      Watasha and Agrajag, very insightful points:

Desyncra (which I was inveigled into purchasing) had on their original website three extensive PDFs from alleged clinical trials conducted in Hungary, Germany and the UK showing "significant" improvements.

They also later announced that major clinical trials were being conducted at the Washington School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO, and at the Portland, Oregon Veterans Administration.

Their revised website deleted all mentions of the results of any of these clinical trials (and in fact mentioned none).

I reported to them that their "therapy" had as little effect as shining a flashlight on my head would have had.

What concerns me is that all of their data was internally generated with no integrity-based evaluations from autonomous, independent, knowledgeable sources.

I asked an expert why the FDA approves of such useless "therapies" with very questionable data, and she said that they are beleaguered with so many applications that they do not have the time to meticulously investigate each one.

Of course, this does not automatically mean that this same situation regarding internally manufactured data also applies to Neuromod's Lenire.

Let's attempt to regard them as an exception. When this is available in Chicago, I will very seriously consider it.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      It IS experimental. Lim's presentation makes that very clear, if you were not able to determine that already based on it going from two initial studies directly into release. A good example for why it's experimental is the way Lim explained how they changed the parameters around (ultimately even changing it in midstream). They are throwing a lot of stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks. Then if it sticks, they will maybe not ever know why, but they'll roll with it regardless.

That doesn't mean it doesn't work, just that it's early days.

• Like Like x 1
    7. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Here we go again.

giphy.gif

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Hi all,

there was someone on here who had taken part in the trial? What was her username please...? Was she the only one here participating in the trial?

Thank you.

9. jmasterj
      No Mood

jmasterj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic?
      @Clare B

10. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Thank you so much!

11. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I suspect she will no longer be able to talk about it because they all signed NDAs and I think she may inadvertently have broken hers.

12. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Either way, I salute her testimony. Information wants to be free.

giphy.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Understood... always good to see a testimonial outside of the official ones. Will be very interesting to see who this benefits when it’s finally on the market. I’ve seen lots of testimonials for one thing or another but it seems they are onto something here, @Clare B's testimony - what is the likelihood it just went away of its own accord? Not long to go now...

Anyone planning on going to Ireland to try it out?

14. Tanni
      Devilish

Tanni Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ???
      Shall we all club together for a coach? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    15. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      You're absolutely right. I think it will work for many people. However I think compared to regenerative medicine it's pure nonsense. This will hit the market first though.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I think that's an understatement. And for that alone, it's not nonsense, unless you enjoy suffering indefinitely. IMHO, the odds of regenerative solution arriving on the scene soon enough to cause buyer's remorse on Lenire are remote.

Also, don't want to rub your nose in this too much but I don't see why you're still so bullish on regenerative medicine when you already dumped a lot of money into getting your eardrums injected over and over again in Korea with little to show for it.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    17. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      I don't think we'll get an actual cure until 2022-2025. Even if FX-322 gets fast tracked, it's going going to be a couple years.

In the meantime, Lenire will do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. PDodge
      Cowboy

PDodge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bear ate my Cochlea
      Even if this thing helped reduce the frequency of tinnitus spikes, damn that would be amazing by itself.

• Agree Agree x 3
    19. Mentos

Mentos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, loud rock concert
      I'm from Poland, a 3h flight away from Dublin. If it's no more than €3,000 EUR I'll go as soon as it is launched.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Like Like x 1
    21. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I plan to. But before you even get there I am imagine you'll have to fill in an exclusion questionnaire. Lets face it, they aren't going to let anyone fly over to be told 'sorry, but you're not eligible' only for you to fly back empty handed.

You'll also probably have to see an audiologist and get a thorough assessment both psychological and hearing wise and then hopefully you'll pick one up. But I also imagine you'll have to go back to be checked and see how things are going etc. Remember some people might experience an increase in their tinnitus initially.

I also think its fair to say they'll inundated with requests so if they are planning this correctly, I imagine a website will pop up where you book your timeslot and with that you'll have to make your travel arrangements around that.

I'll be flying from Newcastle and the best time for me would be a Wednesday morning flight, come back on Thursday night. You can get there and back in one day from where I am but the arrival/departure times are very narrow and dont leave any room for Mr Cock-up to visit.

Any offers from any of my Irish T-Brethren who'd like to put me up for a night are welcome! I'm not as fcuking mad as I might seem in real life.

• Like Like x 1
    22. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Psychological? Why?

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      I will be going as I have said in the past. I plan to ask for a phone consult though with the provider before I fly to make sure there are no questions that would prevent me getting the device. Would hate to fly there and fail.

It sounds like if you have a recent audiogram you should be good and not need to do another.

24. Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      What people need to realise is this isn't being touted as a cure for all. It may not work for everyone and if you go in there looking like this is your last hope and all your hope is focused on this device I would be surprised if they gave you it. Imagine if it didn't work for you and you committed suicide, that would reflect badly on them.

If it was my business I'd only be selling it to people who understood it's not a cure; it may not work for them but also that they have some coping strategies in place anyway JUST IN CASE you're one of the 20%.

Neuromod might want to help people and make millions at the same time but they'll not want their image taking a hit because thousands of desperate tinnitus sufferers thought they were buying a cure, didn't get it and offed themselves in despair.

As insensitive as that may sound, it's not good for business.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    25. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Where did I miss them touting this as a cure for all? I honestly may have missed it...

26. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      Thank God for Tinnitus Talk.

Several of you will be the first pioneers who will authentically report on the real effectiveness of Lenire.

This is the only site that will provide such honest evaluations.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    27. KMc24

KMc24 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      It's not being touted as a cure. They are only saying it might provide a reduction or alleviation of symptoms for some. Only one woman in the testimonials stated that it eliminated her tinnitus. If it prevented tinnitus spikes, that would be a major victory for me, but I'm going in with an open mind.

• Agree Agree x 3
    28. Allan1967

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      You didn't.

29. Shelly75

Shelly75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/07/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      It might not be a cure but if you’ve got some element of hyperacusis things are looking quite good for you for once! :headphone:

30. Don Tinny

Don Tinny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2017 (worsening)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert with ear plugs
      I have some degree of hyperacusis but not too much. What level of hyperacusis did the "super responders" have?

• Good Question Good Question x 1