Liam Boehm — A Scammer or What?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ento, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Ah okay. Sorry to hear it didn’t have any effect on tinnitus. What do they do at the camp? Just basically monitor you?

2. MajaC
      Not worthy

MajaC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      fleeting (2012) Chronic (end 2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Birth, hearing loss, hearing trauma
      Yeah, it's different for everyone.

I have tinnitus for eight years. I had anorexia for 5 years. My tinnitus didn't go away by fasting and taking cold shower.

Now, I have my mom saying to me that driking milk is the reason, that it make some mucus and all.
      I've stopped, my tinnitus stayed.

Maybe, for some people, it had helped, but not everyone is the same. Now, this guy try to scam people and tell them that they have tinnitus because they are skinny? Wow.

3. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I've had kidney stones and know a good deal about them, and I can tell you that being dehydrated is the quickest way to form them if you already have the predisposition. You can also put yourself into kidney failure if you are severely dehydrated too.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 1
    4. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah, the idea behind dry fasting is not to dehydrate yourself, you have to prep the body properly first. This is why I said it’s a bad idea if you don’t do it properly.

5. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      As I mentioned earlier, I don't know very much about dry fasting, but I'm not sure how a person couldn't become dehyrdrated while doing so. -- I suspect there may be benefits to dry fasting, but I would approach it very cautiously. Such as easing into it after a period of time after some initial water fasting--and then for only limited times to begin with. I also believe water fasting should only be done after preparing the body by doing some shorter intermittent fasting.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yes you have to practice, and yes you can prep the body to go no water no problem for a certain amount of time. It’s like preparing the body to run 40k, you don’t just jump in and do it, you condition yourself first, otherwise there is a good chance that you hurt yourself or even die.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Counselling, yoga, massage, that sort of thing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    8. Martin69
      Artistic

Martin69 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      (Health) Anxiety
      Hi Telis,

It is good to hear from you.

When I read about your fasting, I thought "Wow, this is nothing I could do".
      With severe tinnitus, I need a lot of sugar for calming my nerves.

Nevertheless, I decided approx. 10 weeks ago to start intermittent fasting.
      I try to take a meal between 1-2 PM and another one between 9-10 PM.
      Then 16 hours fasting. But it is super-tough, in particular if you need something for calming your nerves.

Hence I have not done any strict water fasting, but drink coffee (without caffeine) with little bit of sugar and sweeteners. And I eat chewing gum to stay calm. Of course both mean I take Aspartam and I don't know if this works against the fasting.

Unfortunately I still have days where I eat crap (white bread, ice-cream, cookies). It is really tough to stay away from all this and honestly speaking, it is not really a life to live super-healthy and do not have some food for your soul from time to time. Nevertheless, I keep this 16/8 schedule.

Did my tinnitus change? Honestly, it is difficult to say.
      I come from 3-4 aggressive high-pitched sounds. They vary between 10/10 and 6/10. Very seldom to 4/10 (maybe once a month). They still vary, but I have the impression that has changed in a way that most aggressive sounds became less. When I started with tinnitus, I had 5-6 10/10 days per week. Now it is down to 2-3 days per week, sometimes even better.

Don't get me wrong. My head is still buzzing and I hear the sounds 24/7 and they still give me a lot of stress.
      But on more days now, it is "only" a buzzing head (this is my base sound), sometimes lower, sometimes higher - even still highly annoying and non-maskable. But it is all difficult to say. Perception also plays a huge rule.

I also go exercising, but I have done this already my whole life. Either I do bike-riding (for two hours), cross-trainer (1 hour) or running (1 hour).
      This had/has zero effect on my tinnitus.

I also take cold showers every day (already for 15 years). Means, I change between hot and cold several times when showering. No alcohol (never ever drank anything), no cigarettes, not much fat (82 kilo weight with 1,94 m length; BMI is at 21.6). I have a good social life, a good job, can sleep well (even though best with a small amount of Mirtazapine). Of course I have the daily hassles like everyone.

Means I have optimized my life as much as possible.
      But I never did any fasting and ate all crap you could get (chips, fries, ice-cream, white bread, red meat and so on).
      I am trying to change that more and more, but this is very difficult and takes a lot of time and efforts.
      If it helps at the end to reduce tinnitus, I don't know. But I have a strong will to find out - because I see no other solution anyway. And at least one must try.

The downside is that the healthier you live, the longer you live and the longer you have to deal with this tinnitus..

BTW, if you want to learn to eat healthy, just google the internet. There are millions of resources.
      At the end, they all come to the same conclusions. I myself decided to really think about what I eat.
      I am very aware of if that food now does something good for my body, does nothing or only for my soul.

• Like Like x 1
    9. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Books cannot cure tinnitus. The end.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Hey Martin,

Yeah, I’m not sure if you would see any results this way, you break the fast as soon as you eat sugar in your coffee, so that’s not really fasting. I’m sure reducing your overall caloric intake is a good thing though. But eating things like aspartame is a neurotoxin, I would avoid at all costs, IMO eating this kind of poison is about the worst thing that you could do.

A few months ago, I did 8 days only water, and the following 4 days just fruit and veggies, I saw great results, but as you say it’s tough, the days are long and hard. I’m not in a state where I can put myself through this at the moment. I did 3 days last week, that’s as far as I could push it. I’m addicted to sugar and other carbs as well, plus struggling so hard with my tinnitus I can’t even explain, your body drops the addiction after a few days, but there is some serious withdrawal happening there though, body shaking anxiety, just itching for that fix, and 10x worse if you are already suffering heavily from tinnitus.

The body gets into a rebuild especially if you can push through to day 3-5, the body starts cleaning and feeding on old dead, and weak cells, stem cell production goes up, inflammation in the body/brain starts to go, this is where the healing really begins. You get piles of energy, you become more mentally sharp than you have been in years, after day 8 no food I was starting to feel super human. Production of Testosterone and HGH goes up, I had more power and energy drinking just water than any kind of diet that I have ever had. As you know, I’ve always been an athlete, I’ve experimented in many ways, I was quite shocked to learn that I wasn’t going to starve, or even get hungry after 8 days of zero food. As I say, first couple of days, body is in withdrawal, most people think these are hunger pains, this is not true, it’s just withdrawal, it goes.

If I didn’t have tinnitus, and wasn’t in this state where living is a nightmare, I would like to go 30-40 days. You kind of have to be in the right frame of mind, and I’m not, like you, I’m having a hard time letting go of the food crutch/addiction- eating for pleasure.

Don’t listen to people of this board, most here do not have a clue as to the health benefits of fasting, plus have absolutely no experience with it, yet seem to still have a strong opinion on it, very strange.

Yes you will live longer with fasting, but at the same time you can ward off painful diseases. You don’t want to have tinnitus plus plus plus. Not to mention, what if you can reduce your tinnitus by half or more with the brain benefits of fasting? I did, and I plan to do it again.

Nice hearing from you Martin, it’s been a long time.

• Like Like x 2
    11. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Martin69,

I found your post quite interesting. Like @Telis, I believe aspartame is a toxic poison that should be unequivocally completely avoided. As I recall, it boosts glutamate levels, which as I understand, can actually cause tinnitus to spike. Along with sugar as well.

If I may offer a hypothesis on why so many people like you and Telis feel such an addiction to sugar: Sugar feeds toxic fungal growth in our bodies, and I believe it's very possible this overgrowth is what's actually causing your body to have sugar cravings. One way to counter that is to supplement with iodine. It can be incredibly effective in killing off these overgrowths, and hopefully reducing some of those cravings.

Another thing that might help reduce those cravings is to increase your healthy fat intake. I, like most other people, bought into the low-fat message for decades. And during this time, I also dealth with difficult sweetness/sugar cravings. But once I determined the fallacy and danger of a low-fat diet, I changed my thinking. I began to consume more foods like bonebroth, avacadoes, eggs, meat, nut butters, etc. In short, I adopted much more of a ketogenic diet, or a diet that's been advocated by the Westin Price Foundation for the past 100 years or so.

And I began to feel soooo much better. Those horrible sugar cravings dissipated substantially, and I wasn't always thinking about whether or not I should eat more. In a number of ways, it was a life changer. Interestingly, when I was eating a higher carbohydrate, lower fat diet, I generally expelled a lot of built up mucus in the mornings. After I switched my diet, I have very little of this mucus buildup. Just the opposite of what I had thought for many years.

Anyway, not trying to convince anybody of anything. Just sharing my own experiences. BTW Telis, I've discovered that when I go into my home mHBOT, my sense of satiation shifts pretty significantly. I think that as I gradually build up to doing longer periods of intermittent fasting (did 2 days last week), I'll be able to do so much easier from being able to do daily mHBOT sessions. -- Which have also dramatically helped my sleep quality.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah, it’s crazy though, two day fast, the sugar addiction is gone, I’m sure that the fungal overgrown is consumed by the body along with other garbage very quickly once the body kicks into autophagy mode. When I come out of the fast it’s always a couple of poached eggs, and I feel truely full, no weird cravings. The one thing that kick starts the sugar addiction is my tinnitus, I’m searching for ways to feel better, especially after a long day of it where my head is splitting in pain and I’ve taken more than I can handle, I reach for deserts even though I’m not craving them, I reach for booze as well, even though I’m not in the mood to drink, this is the terrible thing about tinnitus for me, I feel like I’m feeding it, and not me. And then the real addiction comes into play after consuming the comfort garbage for days on end. Feeding the trauma of tinnitus is a weird thing. When I didn’t have tinnitus, I could maintain a perfect diet if I wanted to, nothing pulling my strings and provoking me. This is what is so hard about tinnitus, I don’t ever feel like me. I do and say things totally out of character, it’s a very scary situation when something starts to take hold of your personality, at times I have step back and remember who I once was, I have think about what the real me would do.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In case anybody's interested, thought I'd post the following. I have a high regard for David Perlmutter...

ne387-771f2e47-dfc8-40de-bc80-c323eecdaa4a-v2.png

ne387-86cc2a00-eaa8-4b9f-8bb1-52b453d277ed-v2.jpg

With all of the hype around fasting, you may believe it to be just another modern dietary fad, but the truth is that fasting is as old as our species. Until very recently, humans have always had periods of going without food. Fasting is baked into our evolution and our physiology and it can yield benefits to our brains and bodies, at a biochemical level, that we’re only just beginning to understand.

With this in mind, I wanted to invite you to the Fasting Transformation Summit where I, along with other leading health experts, will explore the latest cutting-edge research on fasting and explain how to fast in a way that maximizes the benefit to your brain and body.

The series is free and online from January 14th-20th. You can claim your spot by registering at the link below!

Register Now

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    14. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Last week I took prednisone for a few days and my tinnitus basically vanished. It's returned, but not as bad as it was pre-prednisone.

To me - this indicates that body inflammation at the very least makes tinnitus worse.

Fasting is proven to lower inflammation. As such, I have added intermittent fasting into my lifestyle. I restrict my eating to a 4-6 hour window, and keep it healthy. I'm really only having a "meal" in a 2 hour window, b/c I break the fast with a bone broth that is roughly 100 calories. This is proven to heal your gut.

I do enjoy some drinks on the weekends / at a party though.

Since starting this, despite it being the holidays, with office parties, corporate dinners, Thanksgiving, etc - when everyone gets fat, I have lost 7 lbs, and my blood pressure has improved. I've been eating high fat foods like duck breast, steak, cooking all my vegetables in a healthy amount of ghee, and not avoiding salt.

I'll repeat - my blood pressure has improved. Also, I'm LESS hungry. I used to be starving all day.

Liam Boehm comes off as a shuckster b/c of the way he sells himself. He creates fake deadlines, says you have XXX time or he'll close his services, and has inconsistencies in his pitch if you read closely. He's using an automated mail system to rope people into buying his services.

But I do believe he had tinnitus, and bad. His social media history shows he was a drummer for many years. I also believe he's not suffering anymore.

A few people on this site have shows that low inflammation diets have improved their symptoms. @joseph Ghass doesn't even log in here anymore. He spoke about this two years ago. There may be something to it.

• Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    16. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for sharing this Tom. -- I was under the impression prednisone was only effective in the first couple of weeks after tinnitus or spike onset. It sounds like you took yours a couple of years afterwards? I wonder if it's something I should consider, even though my tinnitus was not noise induced.

17. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      The dropoff was temporary, it slowly crept back - but has not gone back to pre-prednisone levels.

I took prednisone about a week after my acoustic trauma years ago. It didn't help my tinnitus at all but about 5 dB of hearing came back.

YMMV

• Like Like x 2
    18. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      ?temp_hash=6553fa0ffdfd62a075de7bd9a2b74879.png

Let's check YouTube comment section:
      Who is Kathy who claims to know Liam?

Live young after 40, functional medicine, cancer treatments, STEM CELLS?

upload_2019-2-17_14-23-1.png
      Look at all these "Stem" Cell therapies Kathy recommends?

Affiliate advertising or something like it.

• Like Like x 2
    19. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Don't you see the brilliance of becoming a self help guru for a disease that nobody knows how to cure? All this habituation/TRT etc bullshit just falls down the rabbit hole of subjective psychological kaleidoscoping origami and if you can talk into a camera and make money selling books that teach you how to poorly hypnotize yourself into feeling better, then you've got a job.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    20. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Part of his guide is to literally eat raw meat and raw animal brains, and also fasting for 5 days straight, which totally isn't safe, I'm soo skinny, it'd probably kill me.

• Like Like x 1
    21. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Where is the source, if you can find both claims it would be helpful.

Please don't spread misinformation.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    22. Zeneth
      Wishful

Zeneth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe noise?
      Dude I kid you not he has a video where he's eating raw animal brains, he's also encouraged it elsewhere and told people to eat things like raw eggs and shit.

Read the comments too.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      When I first got tinnitus, and was starting to research, I came across Liam Boehm, in one of his videos he said, don't worry, hair cells regenerate, this was in the context to fasting. I shit you not. I'm not gonna search for it on YouTube now, but if you insist, I will when I have time. My memory is good, and he did say that.

The guy basically espouses eating a good diet, and exercising. For young clubbers, who tend to be his devotees, my impression, this is good advice for mild tinnitus or stress induced tinnitus that has a good chance of fading. Hypercusis and Strong tinnitus like mine, and many here, his advice will do nothing.

A sound diet, and exercise are really important and will help with depression, health in general etc. but that's not gonna cure tinnitus.

I feel he is a scammer, but I've seen worse.

He's charismatic, good In front of the camera, and talks a good game.

I consider him a scammer but not full blown because his advice is basically sensible about nutrition, etc. his statement about cell regeneration was fucked and pushed him over to scammer land for me. I'm sure he's making some good money.

Contrast, if you weren't honest and did not have integrity you would be a millionaire. It's so easy to steal from desperate people. Fucking pathetic. I commend you on your mission of justice.

24. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      To be honest, I'm very skeptical about this guy. I've been told to watch his videos and I watched 10 seconds of one and he immediately starts berating someone's appearance. And the comments are all cheering him on, like, "ya! YOU TELL HIM!" but he seems to sell, "If you want change in your life, you have to start with yourself." Which is fine, but who hasn't said that about anything? His attitude is very nasty, call it a difference in taste of character but I wouldn't buy what he's selling.

Truth is, live a healthy happy life and you'll always end up happy. I have made a focus on taking care of my body and mind and my tinnitus has become secondary to my life in many many instances.
      It's actually gotten worse (I went to a club without ear protection) BUT I am in a mental state to deal with it better this time. Sorry, a bit of a ramble but hope this helps.

Richie

25. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      Yikes, he said that "you should be afraid of a toxicity infection not bacterial" yup, definitely an unwell fella. You might as well pour yourself a big glass of Jilly Juice and ride off into the sunset on a flying car.

• Agree Agree x 1
    26. azume

azume Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown...But have an idea!
      Hi. About 7 weeks ago I was hearing high pitch noise in both ears and in one ear a pulsating swooshing sound, 24/7.

In late December '18 I went to the VA for PRP injections for my knees (OA), I've had this done a few times with another clinic with success. When they injected me they injured me severely by hitting the fat pad and moving the needle around attempting to find the correct location. I was doing pretty good and getting around just fine, PRP is said to help rejuvenate cartilage. I could not walk for 3 weeks and was in excruciating pain. I contracted the flu while at the VA and took Tylenol medication.

Since I couldn't walk they ordered an MRI for my knee.

About 3-5 days after the MRI I started hearing the high pitch noise in both ears.

I have been a meditator for many years and have noticed while sitting in the silence there was a slight high pitch noise but it never bothered my the slightest. Now I am having difficulty concentrating amongst other annoyances... I'd say my tinnitus is a 7 (on a scale of 1 to 10).

My diet is mostly vegetarian, I never eat processed or junk foods, drink alcohol or smoke... I do have arthritis. My hearing was checked and I have good hearing in both ears, in fact it was identical to my last hearing test in 2006. I'm thinking the Tylenol has something to do with it and maybe the trauma and pain I went through (I needed help to get out of bed to the toilet)... I don't take any medications at all... just a few vitamins.

That's my story...

I did come across Liam on YouTube, not sure what to make of him but some say he has helped... I may give him a try. The ENT doc at the VA was a joke... my wish is that all of us finds relief and can have a joyous life.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    27. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      You also mentioned the VA.
      Did you serve in armed forces and were you exposed to loud noises, gun fire?

28. azume

azume Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown...But have an idea!
      Yes, I served in the military but was a clerk and was not exposed to any loud noises... I live in the middle of nowhere where it is most peaceful, no loud noise here at all.

29. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Any medications that were possibly ototoxic? Neck, jaw problems? Head trauma? Genetic hearing loss in the family?

Those are the major components.

30. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Scammer. The dude is a scammer. His claims are false. He's hustling money. He should be called out as a fraud, scam artist, and a despicable person preying on desperate souls. His claims go too far. I wonder how much cash a fraudster like him makes in a year.

• Like Like x 1