Liam Boehm — A Scammer or What?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Ento, Aug 15, 2018.

1. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Something being cheaper than something else doesn't make it not a scam, it just makes it a scam that people of lesser means can afford.

$67 might be "a decent meal" for you; I know families who need to stretch that into a week of meals, and would find the whole idea of personal trainers pretty obnoxious. Ironically they can probably get hearing aids if they need them, because medicare.

Yep yep. Quack quack quack.

Well, you're right that eating healthily isn't nearly as much more expensive as it's often made out to be, but:
      https://www.ridgeviewmedical.org/se...s-unhealthy-diet-costs-only-150-more-per-day/

If we go by that $1.50 a day, for a family of four that's $2,190 a year, which is about 5% the median gross income in the state I live in. I wouldn't call that nothing. Beyond that, someone has to take the time to educate themselves on how to cook healthily on a budget; this is not something our society values or makes especially easy, so if you're juggling 3 different part time jobs to make ends meet, well, good luck.
      As with most of the things that I am most willing to condescendingly dismiss out of hand as "useless for my tinnitus",
      this is definitely one I attempted. Saw some minor improvements in afternoon sleepiness, that's about it, hardly a life-and-death difference. Yes, keto fasting does something, but the idea that it's definitely positive and really significantly so can't really be substantiated by my read of the data. Beyond that, as you point out, this is free, so why is it controversial that someone trying to sell free information and presenting it as more groundbreaking than it is, is a scammer?

I understand why this forum has a general disdain for organized medical care, but what I don't understand is why that sends some people flying happily into the arms of snake-oil salesmen and supplement hucksters. If y'all think the much more heavily monitored and regulated actual medical industry is a scam, how could the alt-med and supplement industries be anything other than even more poorly regulated scams?

Keto is just the flavor of the month, Atkins 4.0 or whatever.

https://theoutline.com/post/6133/the-keto-diet-is-a-recipe-for-disaster?zd=1&zi=ju5auyqz

Lol some of these people make Liam seem downright earnest, what a load of horseshit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hey @linearb -- I'm really curious why you rated my above post as funny. Is it because you don't believe TCM has any value; or don't believe the story; or believe TCM/acupuncture is a scam; or something else? Just curious--I didn't take any offense. -- Best!

3. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've read that anecdote and don't know quite what to make of it; I have enough experience with acupuncture (maybe ~100 sessions over 10 years with 3 different providers) to think it kinda sorta does something, and that it's functionally the same as the "dry needling" that sports med PTs do these days.

The reason I thought your post was funny is that you have picked up on the fact that @azume is in the "new and desperate phase", but are then sort of steering them towards alternative medicine and supplements instead of steering them away from that stuff. Typically when people get tinnitus it seems like the first thing they do after their doctor tells them "sorry!" is blow up all their disposable income on supplements, alt-med and scams. So, my gut instinct is to steer people away from that stuff (at least until they have calmed down and are thinking a little more rationally), and yours was to steer them towards it -- I just thought the disconnect between my reaction and yours was amusing. I am not saying I'm right or anything, nor was any offense implied. I guess found it funny because after I read the first sentence of your post I figured I knew exactly where you were going, and then you went the exact opposite direction. That's all :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @linearb -- Yeah, that's definitely my bias. However, I do try to mention things I already have a good to high degree of confidence in. I'm about as wary of scams as anybody else. And besides that, I'm somewhat of a skinflint to boot. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      What kind of fasting did you experiment with?

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I probably tried every diet or eating regimen that's ever been mentioned on here at some point, but the thing I stuck with the longest was ultra-low-carb-intake basically paleo diet with a little intermittent fasting thrown in, because that was what I got the most positive results out of: overall much better energy level, no afternoon drowsiness, less feeling of hunger. There was something there, but for me it didn't outweigh the benefits of being able to eat cake...

As a general rule we do most of our cooking ourselves and don't buy processed food or crap ingredients outside of special cases, so besides my raging maple syrup addiction, I still eat quite healthily, just less militantly.

If there's some specific pattern/regime you want to endorse that I haven't tried, I'll be happy to do it for a month if it's not too extreme; if it changes my tinnitus at all, I've got a pint of first-run prime dark amber maple syrup I can send you...

• Like Like x 1
    7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @linearb -- You may find THIS STORY interesting (on a different forum). It's bu a man got rid of his tinnitus after starting a ketogenic diet--after having suffered with tinnitus for 5 1/2 years.

8. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Haha. Sounds like a good deal. Not sure if you want to give it a shot, but water fast. You would be surprised at how easy it is after the first couple of days. I had pretty good results after some 3-4 days, and eventually 8 days, but unfortunately I stepped into a 120 dB MRI machine with crappy fitting ear plugs since and lost half of my already bad hearing. I’m on meds again, can’t sleep etc. Not in a place to try it, but I hope to again sometime soon.

After fast:

Ear pain reduced slightly, tinnitus 20-30 percent reduction, hyperacusis being the best at around 60 percent better. I was still in a bad place considering the kind of ear issues I have had, I don’t think that I will ever really be better, you know, I’ve been here a long time, but I was getting some traction at least.

Obviously these are subjective numbers and this is all anecdotal but it may be worth a try for some? I’m not a technical guy but there is some pretty good evidence that suggests fasting can lead to positive neurological changes.

If you try it, do it right, I’m no expert so don’t really want to share my methods. You would have to do your own research, or consult a professional. A guy like yourself, you would probably just do your own research. I do find that practice makes perfect, whatever way, start slow.

I found the hardest part was the getting out of routine, I make a big deal out of eating, like to cook with my girlfriend. I use it as kind of as a coping mechanism for my tinnitus, I would go so far as to say that I have a problem with overeating.

It’s amazing how much time you have on your hands if you aren’t cooking/cleaning up. Also, energy levels hugely increased once you reach ketosis. You would think that you would get tired not consuming food, I found the opposite, I think most people experience increased energy/productivity.

If you don’t want to try it, I definitely understand, it’s not for everyone. I just wish people would stop trashing it unless they have tried it. People fast as a method to heal themselves, it’s been used to forever, maybe there is something to it.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      What did the MRI do to you, how much hearing loss? Half?

10. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Maybe not exactly half, enough that I can’t hear out of one ear if the other is plugged. I couldn’t hear the tech after the scan, but recovered some over the following days. What I had listened to for the last 5 years as a distraction at night, I can no longer hear. I have to turn it up over twice as loud. Was just a estimate, guess I should have stated that.

11. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Do they allow really good ear protection in an MRI, are all MRI's noisy?

If you don't know I understand.

12. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I’m not sure to be honest, I found out the volume of the model I was in through @GregCA. He seems to be quite knowledgeable in this regard. Hope I have the right Greg.

Anyway, the point of my post was about fasting, this is kind of getting off topic. There are many threads about MRI.

13. Liam_Cairns

Liam_Cairns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Originally loud Music and was worsened by Micro-suction
      Hey Telis, just wondering, did you have to keep doing it or was it like you did it a few times and it had lasting results kind of thing?

14. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Fasting helps you detox and I believe that toxins that have built up in neurons can cause disfunction in their function. So for some cases absolutely fasting can probably help.

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My little equation: -- Anything that affects the body, affects the brain. Anything that affects the brain affects tinnitus. So just about anything can affect tinnitus. And fasting--which affects the body in some pretty profound ways--certainly has the potential to affect tinnitus in some very positive ways.

• Like Like x 2
    16. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      This is what Liam Boehm claims:

No questions asked 100% money-back 1 year/365-days guarantee.

If you claim this refund, I will also send you $50USD of my own money.

This is my way of saying thank you spending your time and money with me.

To receive this additional $50USD claim your refund and then email me with the subject line 'I want my $50'.​

17. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Daniel Toh's Tonaki Tinnitus Protocol claimed to be refundable and failed to provide them. Just read the complaints on the Tonaki Tinnitus Protocol thread. The only ones who got refunds went through a lot of hardships.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/tonaki-tinnitus-protocol-—-scam.30239/

I should add more complaints of troubled refunds from elsewhere on the internet.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    18. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Let's all try this?

Buy his scam book and get $50 extra for asking a refund? Let's see if he is a man of his word?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    19. Tony Phylactou

Tony Phylactou Member

Tinnitus Since:
      sept 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cement factory noise lowT,then stress high T
      I doubt if he is a man of his word. But I wish someone did try it and report back.

20. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      • Like Like x 3
    21. scoutdickens
      Curious

scoutdickens Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no idea but i do have inflammatory arthritis (similar to RA)
      @Labyrinthine
      Thank you for taking the time for your very detailed post. I am going to give this a try. I know it may not work for everyone, but what has anyone got to lose trying. Better than the alternative answer of "there is no cure".

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I just watched a 14-min. video that I liked a lot, posted by a guy who did a fast to try to heal his back pain. He and his wife documented his fast, and then spent 100 hours editing and putting the video together. It's pretty clear from just watching his face over the days how positive the fast was for him.

It may sound crazy to some that a fast could help back pain, but this video reminded me of a book on fasting I ran across about 30 years ago. It was written in the 1950's by a chiropractor who routinely put some of his patients on fasts, anywhere from 7-21 days. He took before and after x-rays of each of his fasting patients, and put them in his book.

It was amazing to see x-rays of patients with severe S-shaped scoliosis have their spines straighten over the course of the fast. As I recall, most patients were able to make significant improvements. My thinking is that if fasting can cause a back to straighten out, why not the cervical area as well, where a lot of tinnitus originates. Or how about the TMJ area, again where tinnitus can originate.

Anyway, below is a link to the 14-minute video. I thought it really was well produced, especially by YouTube standards. And it was sort of sweet besides. It's a somewhat slow-moving video, but engaging nonetheless. -- Enjoy. @Telis

7 DAY WATER FAST - NO FOOD FOR A WEEK (Before & After)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    23. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Labyrinthine -- Your background (and openess) makes me think you might appreciate a compelling health story I posted on this forum a short while ago. If health professionals were to pay attention to stories like his, I think it could begin to change some of the paradigms around some of our current biomedical perspectives. -- So, in case you'd be interested, here's a LINK. -- Best...

• Like Like x 1
    24. Lyman

Lyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Two months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Damn doctor prescribed medication.
      Hey everybody, I tried Liam Boehm's Triumph Over Tinnitus 2.0 course. The information is alright but it didn't work for me. I was able to lower my tinnitus level but not with his program. I changed my diet and lowered my tinnitus level on my own.

While being a member I was able to ask various questions that I had and he was responding to my questions which was only just a couple of times during the 8 months that I was a member. I had a problem and asked a question about endoscopy. I asked him what would happen if I took the required medication so as to do the exploitation of my stomach, colon, intestines, that the doctor suggested due to some problems I received from having a CT scan.

Liam would never respond to any emails concerning my questions. I asked in an urgency because the doctor was pressuring me. I had lowered my tinnitus level by changing my diet and not doing any fasting or Liam's cold showers, just cleaning up my diet was dropping my tinnitus level from a level 9 to a level of 0.50% to a 1%.

I wasn't sure if taking the required medication to knock me out for the procedure would increase my tinnitus level. So I thought to ask Liam what I should do... The guy never responded to any of my needed questions.

So I asked for my money back. After requesting for a refund I was locked out of the member area of his program and I was never refunded with my money like he promised in his 1 year guarantee.

Don't buy his program! He's a scammer!

• Informative Informative x 4
    25. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      How do you know it’s a scam if you didn’t even try his protocol? I’m not saying that he’s not a scam but the reasons you mention are not good reasons to label someone a scam. It’s like you going to the doctor and he gives you meds but you don't take them and then you turn around and start telling people that the meds you were given don’t work. Your post is useless, it’s not helping anyone.

26. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the feedback @Lyman. Gives some good insight into Liam and his program.

@Telis -- Lyman's above comments seem to have some pretty potent information. Liam's actions seem to--at the least--call into question this guy's character: 1) Not answering questions after you paid, him? 2) Being locked out of the member area? 3) Not refunding money like he promised?

OK, Lyman didn't do the fasting, but that doesn't call for being ignored and being locked out of the member area. The refund part in my mind should at the least be up for negotiation. But Lyman didn't ask for the refund until he was ignored by Liam. That in itself would be grounds enough for me to have asked for a refund as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    27. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      What did you do to your diet that helped?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    28. Telis

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I see your point, but really, a refund when you haven’t even bothered to follow through on the treatment, maybe that’s why he got blocked.

29. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      It doesn't make it anymore justifiable to block a customer and fail to refund them (a promise given before purchasing) if they didn't follow the program.

Reading these posts makes me wonder if you're Liam's right-hand man. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      Not sure, I did assist you with this, but that's not important.

Glad to see that you are getting some traction. Have you tried the magnesium? About the only thing that helps me with my conditions beyond not bending my head forward and twisting my jaw is magnesium and NAC taken together. It's nice that some members that have been around for awhile remain tight, even if we do sometimes see things different.