Lightheadedness

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amanda~, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Amanda~
      Depressed

Amanda~ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I've Had it as long as I can remember
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Does anyone else have moments when your tinnitus all of a sudden gets louder and you feel light headed or is it just me ?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      If light headedness means dizziness, then it is something reported by many members including myself. It is the result of acute anxiety brought on by loud T. I have suffered decades of anxiety and panic disorders so I know these symptoms well. Here is a list of common symptoms of anxiety (and dizziness is listed near the top of the list):

http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yeah I get pain from the tinnitus noise followed by a pins and neddles and I feel like I'm going to faint. This happens more so in the quiet at night laying in bed when things feel so loud I won't be able to handle it. I get this almost every night. I get it even more so when I move my eye balls around which makes my T scratch with every movement. I don't know what causes this light headedness. I keep thinking I will pass out but never have. Also, there is no anxiety as I'm just laying there relaxing, just head pain from the noise.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amanda~
      Depressed

Amanda~ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I've Had it as long as I can remember
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I suffer from anxiety and depression as well as T and H
      I just recently joined this forum and it has been way more informative than my Doctor was. I had no idea that T/H was linked/had any connection to anxiety and or depression.
      But some kind people such as yourself have replied to my posts, So thank you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      It has no connection although your symptoms can be perceived as worse from anxiety. If you get rid of your anxiety/depression this will not lower/get rid of your T, however you will be in a better position to deal with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @amanda...I had two simultaneous upsetting situations last year that caused a severe and prolonged T & H spike. My fear and anxiety that they would remain at those levels for the rest of my life resulted in my becoming very depressed. I experienced loss of appetite, a queasy stomach, weight loss, and unable to sleep more than two hours at a time. I was in a downward spiral that I could not pull out of through sheer will power.

Anxiety and depression, for some of us, is like pouring gasoline on a fire when it comes to our T. After 4 months, my doctor put me on an antidepressant. As the medication began to take effect my anxiety, depression, T & H levels gradually ramped down. My T finally went back to the previous base level that preceded the crisis.

If you are not currently taking an AD at this time, I think that you should consider it and discuss it with your doctor.

Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1