List of Companies and Compounds in Trials for Tinnitus and Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Research News' started by nills, Mar 4, 2014.

1. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/treatment-prospects-neramexane.32/

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/neramexane-for-tinnitus.1334/#post-10926

3. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Why do I keep seeing Autofony's drug described to treat "Age-related hearing loss Tinnitus"

Isn't their drug thought to work for people with noise exposure T?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      True Markku, forgot about that one ... yes it is also for noise induced hearing loss Erlend. Must be age related + Tinnitus.

5. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      I think it's aimed to treat both presbycusis (age related) and tinnitus. Something about it's mechanisms of action or something like that.

6. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Today I got an email from the guy who runs the tinnitus support group I looked into going to, and he sent this out...

"THIS IS THE BIGGEST NEWS IN 20 YEARS OF TINNITUS RESEARCH, 7 pharmaceutical companies ARE IN FINAL STAGES OF FDA CLEARED DRUGS TO TREAT TINNITUS AND HEARING LOSS. THESE DRUGS ARE AMIED AT TREATING THE CAUSE OF THE PHANTOM SOUND THAT is produced by our brains.. The drugs are aimed at the section of the brain in the audio cortex … which has hyperactive and synchronized spontaneously firing neurons. This is an abnormal state that people with tinnitus have and the brain can not go back to the resting state. These new drugs will break up that cycle.. And return the brain to its normal resting state…..eliminating the tinnitus.

One of these companies just received $50 million dollars as an investment form venture capitalist company. The only reason an investment of that size would be because of real evidence of the drug working. It was not a donation but an investment to bring to market and make a return on there money in the form of profits….NOT CHARITY!!!!!"

Anyone know about these?

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Maybe you should email they guy back. Ask for more details. First I'm hearing about anything like this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. cmurem

cmurem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/05/2012
      In my opinion the collaboration of 7 pharmaceutical companies is an absurd thing..As we already know there is a collaboration of some institutes about hearing loss called Hearing Loss Project. Maybe he referred to this project group with an exaggeration.

9. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      I don't think the e-mail was suggesting a collaboration, but instead that there are just seven pharmaceutical companies working on tinnitus related drugs.

I really only know one drug that's in the late stage of trials, i.e. AM-101.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Are they saying other then am101 and aut00063 that theres other drugs in the works too that we dont know about?! Confused

11. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      So, I got another emailing saying this:

"For those who have been inquiring about where the information on tinnitus drugs I sent out came from, the person who relayed this information to me, and who was just trying to offer us hope, got it from a website called tinnitustalk.com I checked out the website. It exists. You can search for the information on that website and look up each company."

I don't think anywhere on here we have talked about there being that many companies about to come out with anything besides AM101.

12. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Are we that mythical of a place on the internet? Our information comes from the internet typically, either that or members email researchers themselves. lol

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Tinnitus talk is the next facebook of tinnitus! Lol such an amazing site tho!

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      Kind of makes me wonder if there was a rumor started on here if it would spread...Drink your own urine to cure tinnitus! (that's a joke people, please don't try it)

• Funny Funny x 4
    15. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Bahahah i wish it was that simple... The gross things we T people would do to get rid of T completely.. Idc what it would be i would most likely do it lol :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I have sipped the golden fountain ... rather sweet if live on a diet of fruits and vegies ... quit discusting if you had McDonalds the day before! very healthy practice actually :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    17. matthew heafield
      Dancing

matthew heafield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2004
      This looks very promising, we could be extremely close to getting some sort of cure in the next year.

18. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      What is promising?

19. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      hahahahahaa - It exists! We are giving hope to millions and they are giving us our hope right back to us :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
    20. attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      I think I will call it "a pass" on this particular remedy :) (even though I been known - and willing - to take a few risks every now and then in the search for a cure...).

What I can say is that in "the old days", doctors would occasionally taste the urine of patients because an abnormal taste would reveal potential for certain diseases. To tell which one, you would have to be a connaisseur, I guess :). Glad not to be doctor, now or back then...

21. matthew heafield
      Dancing

matthew heafield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2004
      All of the above research that are in either phase 2/3 of trials looks promising.

22. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Neramexane tanked, idk why is it still on the list.