LLLT Treatment Journal: Lucky Laser Device for Reversing Hearing Loss & Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by luka, Feb 17, 2015.

1. luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Hi Everybody,

I've received a Lucky Laser couple of days ago and I'll start to document the treatment starting with 17.2.2015

A short background about me:

I suffered acoustic trauma exactly 6 months ago (16.8.2014) by going to concert, where a friend shouted something directly in my right ear. I've lost significant amount of hearing in a speaking range, as well as I've received a nasty Tinnitus. I'm 27 year old male. I have hearing loss from about 750Hz to about 6 kHz, after that frequency I believe it's okay, since I can hear this test(
      ) with both ears equally.

You can read the full introduction here if you want: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/hello-everybody-introduction-personal-project.7376/

The main goal for me is to get as much as hearing back as possible and to reduce the tinnitus as much as I can. I'd also like to document everything for you guys in case someone is with the same issue.

I'll documented what kind of treatment I'm doing with this laser, what kind of pills and additives am I'm taking etc..

So starting with today:

Details starting on: ( 17.2.2015)
      1. On 17.2.2015 I've taken this audiogram at the hospital: IMG_20150217_095729.jpg
      2. Pills and additive I'm taking:
      • One month I'm taking NAD+ pills: ( 2 in morning and two in evening )( http://www.amazon.com/Niagen-Nicotinamide-Riboside-capsules-Booster/dp/B00MQC3VLK )
      • For two months I'm taking a drop or two of E-OIL every couple of days
      • For two months - Ginkgo Biloba
      • For 3 months vitamin B supplements. I've also managed to receive a injection with vitamin B this month
      • Omega-3 Oil - one capsule per day
      • Magnesium, Cink, Calcium
      • Every second month I'm also taking betaserc
      3. With this week I've started with LLLT treatment with Lucky Laser device.
      The price of the device is roughly 1500$ + 200$ shipment costs and it looks like this:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This week (16.2.2015- 23.2.2015) I'm doing:

650 Wavelength
      • 30 mins a day on 80 mW power
      808 Wavelength
      • 20 mins a day 350 mW power

Big thanks also to @FERNANDO GIL for all the helpful information you've generously gave me.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      This is great. Keep us posted.
      It seems like you got new version of Lucy device for only 1500? I though it's cost was 1700?

3. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      With trasnport it goes to the 1700 Usd, more or less.

4. rtwombly
      Bookworm

rtwombly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you, Fernando. I'll watch with interest.

May I ask, is that supplement regimen something suggested to you or of your own devising? Also, what is Cink? I recognize the others and have taken most myself.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      @rtwombly with Cink I've meant Zinc. As for the supplement regimen I've kind of do that by myself. Normally the acoustic trauma triggered just by human shout, could not do that much damage, but in my case it seams it did. I try to take as much as supplements as possible to give my hearing cells the best chance of recovery.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Update or 18.2.2015, treating with Lucky Laser (4 days of treatments now):

Laser therapy: 20 mins at 808 wavelength at 350 power, and 30 mins at 606 wavelength at 80 mW per day.
      I've also eaten every day for the last 4 days:
      - 4 NAD pills
      - 1 betaserc pils
      - half a spoon of Ginko biloba
      - a two drops of vitamin A
      - I've also protect my ear with earplugs (Walking at the busy roads),
      - I do listen music on fairly low volume.

Results:
      Treatment duration: I'm using this treatment for about 4 days.
      The difference I feel:
      - The ear seams to be more full.
      - The ear seams to be more sensitive and it hurts a bit if I touch it. I'm not sure whether this is the result of just pushing the probe for an hour a day, or the laser effect. It fills that the outer ear is a bit irritated.
      - I do notice tinnitus more, though I'm not really sure whether this is the effect of my awareness or the laser treatment.
      - I don't see any hearing improvement for now. I've test the hearing every day by listening to youtube hearing test with Sony earplugs. I still have to use the same volume to detect damaged frequencies.

If anybody have any questions or suggestions I'm mostly available.

• Like Like x 4
    7. felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      many years, but much worse after acoustic trauma in 2014
      I'm so happy you are keeping this journal!! Thank you :)

8. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      Nice try.
      We want more updates...

9. mrgrey

mrgrey Member

Tinnitus Since:
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Hi Guys,

Just to give some updates:

27.2.2015 , treating with Lucky Laser (13 days of treatments now):

Since (23.2.2015) I'm using laser with more power: 20 mins at 808 wavelength at 400 power, and 30 mins at 606 wavelength at 100 mW per day.

I've also eaten every day for the last 9 days:
      -2 NAD pills
      - 0,5 betaserc pils
      - half a spoon of Ginko biloba
      - I've also protect my ear with earplugs (Walking at the busy roads),
      - fish oil...

The results:

- Since a couple of days the ear seams feel less full and it also does not hurt when I touch it.
      - Tinnitus is mostly still the same. I don't track the tinnitus volume though and try to pay it as little amount of attention.

As for hearing improvement. I don't notice any improvement in daily environment, but I do hear a bit better the frequencies between 3000 and 4000. I'm testing with the youtube hearing test and sony earplugs. There is no change for now on lower frequencies (750-3000)

I'll continue with the daily treatment, and I'll publish an update in a couple of days.

• Like Like x 2
    11. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Nice, but still to soon to notice big diferences. Remember the good frequenteis, get better firas then they start to "push" the others.

12. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      7.3.2015 treating with Lucky Laser (21 days of treatment )

Hi Everybody,

just to give some update.

For the last week I've used Lucky Laser this way: (27.2.2015 - 7.3.2015)
      - 20 mins of daily treatment with 808 wavelenght laser with power on 400Mw
      - 30 mins of daily treatment with 606 wavelenght laser with power on 100Mw

I've eaten:
      - 2 pills of NAD per day
      - 1 pill of magnesium
      - 1 injection of vitamin B into the buttocks :)
      - E-OIL

I've protect my ears with ear plugs although I did had a minor incident by dog started barking loudly in a small room. I didn't had the earplugs then.

The results:
      - I've don't notice any improved hearing in daily environment. I do test hearing with youtube hearing test, and there seems to be a slight improvement. I'm not really sure to which I should atribute that.
      - The tinnitus maybe seams a bit lower. I do try to not paying attention to it and I try to ignore it as much as I can. So I'm not sure whether this is due to habituation or placebo. In any case I do have the laser and I'll keep on with the treatment
      - The ear seams a bit less full.

Plan for the next week ( 8.3.2015-15.3.2015)

I've had a discussion today with @FERNANDO GIL I'll try with a more powerful and lengthy season.

1 Hour of treatment in the morning with both probes ( 808 & 606 ) at the same time. First half of an hour I'll have 808 probe inside the ear and 606 outside of the ear) and the second half of an hour vice versa.

and

1 Hour of treatment in the evening.

So basically this week I will have 2 hours of treatment per day with both probes at the same time.

I'll also increased the power level on this level:
      808 wavelenght probe at 450 Mw
      650 wavelengt probe 120 Mw

I'll especially pay the attention to hearing test, and as always less to the tinnitus.

I'll put update how it goes, next week.

Luka

• Like Like x 2
    14. NiNyu

NiNyu Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      barotrauma? stress?
      Sorry to say but, it's all snake oil.

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. I get cold laser treatments from my physical therapist. They help lower my T, but are short-term.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      15.3.2015 treating with Lucky Laser (29 days of treatment )

Hi Everybody,

just to give some update.

For the last week I've used Lucky Laser this way: (7.3.2015 - 15.3.2015)

Power level:
      808 wavelength probe at 450 Mw
      606 wavelength probe 120 Mw

Treatment:
      1 hour treatment in the morning & 1 hour treatment at the evening. Both probes at the same time, half an hour 808 probe inside the ear and 606 behind the ear. The other half hour vice versa.

Medications:
      - 1 NAD pill every couple of days,
      - vitamin B and E
      - Fish oil

Results:
      - I've didn't experienced any changes for now. It seams that the tinnitus is at the same level. There also weren't any noticeable change in my hearing threshold.

Plans for this week:

I've had a talk with @FERNANDO GIL and I'll let my ears rest now for a week. After that I continue the treatment.

I'll let you guys now if anything new occurs.

• Informative Informative x 3
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      21.3.2015 - PAUSE BREAK

Hi Everybody, just to give some new update.

For the last week, I've had sort of pause with the laser treatment. I did do thought a 30 mins therapy in both ear every second day.

Power Level: The same as previous week.

Medication: None this week

Results: No noticeable change in daily environment and it's the same with youtube hearing tests:

Plans for this week: I'll discuss it with @FERNANDO GIL and I'll post the plan.

Best,

Luka

• Like Like x 1
    18. 1MW
      No Mood

1MW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 but cured and relapsed from benzos
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ssnhl/benzos/unknown
      LLLT for T and hearing is scam.
      But is very strange that you got serious acoustic trauma from voice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      many years, but much worse after acoustic trauma in 2014
      I'm so happy you are posting your results here @luka, keep it up I'm eager to continue following.

I just received my laser in the mail, and have used it only for 2 days. I can't believe my positive (and negative) results already! Anyway, I'll be following!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Hi, @felinefine

Cool you received the laser. I hope it'll improve your condition a bit :)

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      29.3.2015 - RESUMING THE TREATMENT

For the last week I've used Lucky Laser this way:

Power level:

Treatment:
      1 hour treatment in the morning & 1 hour treatment at the evening. Both probes at the same time, half an hour 808 probe inside the ear and 606 behind the ear. The other half hour vice versa.

Results:
      - I've didn't experienced any changes for now. It seams that the tinnitus is at the same level. There also weren't any noticeable change in my hearing threshold.

Plans for this week:

I'll continue with the same treatment.

I'll get back to you guys next week.

Best,

Luka

22. LeDawg

LeDawg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      http://www.amazon.com/Life-Extension-Neuro-Mag-Magnesium-Threonate/dp/B006P57AFM

This Magnesium is good to regenerate.
      Vitamin B Complex, Bioflavonoide, Zinc, Ginkgo, Garlic...also
      Try Zeolite drops + MegaDefense Mushrooms helps also to regenerate faster.
      no alcohol or smoking trust me ;)
      Think positive all the time.
      If you feel down or got depressions try magic truffles (mexicana) helped me alot :)
      Be carefull of loudness, earplugs helps alot, when i had it very bad i had my earplugs all day in, try silicone earplugs.
      Good Luck and be patience

23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Hi @LaDawg

What are Zeolite drops + MegaDefense Mushrooms ? Do you have maybe Amazon link ?

As for smoking yeah, I believe it makes harder to regenerate, since it narrows the vains. I don't smoke, but I do though every weekend pop a couple of beers, and it does not really make any difference at the tinnitus. I'm also careful about loudness.

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      5.4.2015 - THE TREATMENT

For the last week I've used Lucky Laser this way:

Power level:

Treatment:

Results:
      - I'm really not sure. On youtube hearing test there isn't really any difference about detecting sound at the damaged frequencyes. I still have to have volume at the same level as before to detect sound. So the audiogram is probably the same. But I believe though that the sound is a bit more clear if I turn the volume up a bit, compared too 2 months ago. I can't say if my brains just got used to it damaged hearing and it started compensating, or laser and pills made the difference. Anyway I'm happy that that something positive is happening.

- What is really interesting though, when I was testing with the hearing test on frequencies at around 15000, I've accidentally noticed that my damaged right ear detected 15000 hertz sound on a really low volume, while I could not here a thing on my normal left ear. So actually the damaged right ear was better than my left good ear. It is interesting that I didn't noticed this before the treatment.(I'm doing the treatment just to my right ear) I can't say for sure if this was just a coincidence or the laser improved my high frequencies on my damaged ear. Anyway I take it as a good sign.

- I don't really measure tinnitus level due to that I'm trying to tun it out - and I don't want to give my brains the reason to amplify it. But as far as I'm concern it's still the same as before treatment. So no change there.

Plans for this week:

I'll continue with the same treatment.

I'll get back to you guys next week.

Best,

Luka

• Informative Informative x 2
    25. LeDawg

LeDawg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Heres a link:
      http://www.waiora.com/products/pro_ncd.php

Theres everything written what zeolite does to your body.

You are on the best way dude! But i think alcohol is very bad, when you take all of these vitamins and stuff, better smoke some weed on your weekend ;) and dont forget sports.
      Be patience and think postitive!!

Best wishes,
      Leon

26. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I am not sure how you are testing with youtube video but I would recommend to use this site:
      http://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html

1. Zero out your volume
      2. Connect headsets
      3. Set the volume slider to specific value (lets say 10)
      4. Go through all the frequencies and note the lowest value where you can hear the tone
      NEVER Start from the top as these are the loudest!!! Always start from the bottom.
      5. Take a screenshot for a record

Repeat every week. Make sure you always use same headsets and same volume.
      If you want to test both ears use the balance settings to fade other side while testing.

The test only sends a tone for a quick amount of time.
      YouTube generates frequencies all the time and this might actually harm you. (my theory)
      My tinnitus started after I started to play with hearing test so I prefer to be cautions when testing with the frequency sweep as a believe those test are not normal. I remember I did the frequency sweep at 6pm and my tinnitus turned on around 6.30pm. Might be coincidence as my hearing cells probably were exhausted but I would not play with those frequency sweeps.

27. Zechariah

Zechariah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I wouldn't suggest changing the test methods anymore. After all it's about relative change anyway. At most this method could be added as reinforcing test but certainly not replace lukas old method at this point.

28. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Is this James Bond? Moonraker!

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      12.4.2015 - treatment

Hi Guys just to give you update.

The treatment
      this week I've reduced a dose a bit.
      1 Hour per day. in the morning with both probes simultaneously.

I had a discussion with @FERNANDO GIL and he had some concerns about me using earphones. I've used them trough the day to mask the T on a fairly low volume (Around 30-40 db). This week I haven't used earphones and I've took extra procations for my ears.

The results:
      Nothing new so far. The hearing loss is the same I guess as well as the T. I notice the T a bit more though, but that's logical since I don't mask it as much as I did before.

@bwspot yes, I'm also testing with this hearing test you've linked. Kind of like combination.

I'll stay with the same treatment for now, and I'll report the results next week.

Best,

Luka

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luka

luka Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      I was misdiagnosed. The doctor did not think that the shout can do so much damage. She said that I should wait couple of days and I believed her. I've received the steroids 6 days from the accident. I've combined them with Hyperbaric chamber therapy, but I guess it was to late than. Anyway what happend, happend. See la vie :)

19.4.2015 Treatment

Lucky laser every couple of days for an half an hour in the morning and half an hour in the evening.
      Power lvl the same as before, with both probes at the same time.

I've also took: Vitamin B, magnesium, NAD, E oil and some other stuff.

The result:

No change so far. Hearing loss is the same, and the T as well.

See you next week:)

Best,

Luka

• Like Like x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1