Long-Term Repercussions of a Constant High-Pitched Sound Even If You Habituate?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Twisted_ether, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Twisted_ether

Twisted_ether Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Don't know. Likely had it for a few months at least, but noticed and recognized as tinnitus on 10/2015, perhaps due to higher volume
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, (a) lot of stress lately, (b) whole body vibration machine
      Folks, I have a question on training the brain. By shifting my attention from tinnitus am I just getting relief psychologically? Am I still vulnerable to the real problem of long term repurcussions to my subconscious brain constantly exposed to a high pitched frequency? An example would be involuntary brain entrainment from high pitched frequency that could result in an unwanted mindset.

I know there may not be any alternatives at this point for cure, and that I have to accept the T. But by accepting this and making this unimportant to my conscious brain, I still don't know what is happening to my subconscious brain's health. Would it slowly start becoming damaged or exhibiting unwanted thinking listening to high pitched sound forever? I have yet to read up more. But does someone know if it is medically/mentally okay if the high pitched sound remains for the rest of my life, assuming I don't have any other major conditions and I habituate myself to it?

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Twisted_ether

Twisted_ether Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Don't know. Likely had it for a few months at least, but noticed and recognized as tinnitus on 10/2015, perhaps due to higher volume
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, (a) lot of stress lately, (b) whole body vibration machine
      Bumping. Wondering if someone has a response.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      All I can say is not to go in depth with thinking of the what if's.

Go by each day and focus mainly on putting all the love,fun,happiness in your life and do what you can stay healthy and sleeping ok.

Tinnitus can be mild,moderate ,acute and mental torture but we each have our own limits and depending on how we feel is how we cope with the sound.

We can put the sound to the back of our minds over time but still get days that are tough going and become louder ....

Positivity,sleep and our well-being play a big part in coping with tinnitus.....lots of love glynis

4. Drecul
      Balanced

Drecul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Your sub-conscious mind will be fine after all it is filling in the frequencies that are missing for your survival.
      How strange it may sound.
      Now if we only had a way to tell it to stop.

5. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      What choice do we have?

6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The nervous system is pretty well adapted to handle never-ending perceptual input 24/7/365. In a crude sense, that's its primary purpose, no?

The amount of things in your data stream which you might be aware of at any moment but aren't, is staggering. Probably 90% of your sensory input just sort of goes away before your conscious mind notices it. I believe the same mechanism is why some people who self-report high degrees of habituation to tinnitus report that they are able to go hours or even days without thinking about T at all.

7. Sgguy46
      Jaded

Sgguy46 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Wish i am those people

8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them