Loud Sudden TV Noise. My Ears Now Feel Full.

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Jan 2, 2019.

1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I was watching a YouTube video that required sound to be turned very high due to poor sound quality and afterwards I changed to something else forgetting to turn the volume down.

It was a sudden blast of sound and went for few seconds until I recollected myself and turned it down.

My ears now feel full and I’m worried.
      I’m in a bad place regardless so this is only pushing me more and more towards the end.

Can this do some damage?

• Genius Genius x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      uh well I guess it is dangerous, did you have hyperacusis, ear pain or fullness before this event?

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Val, wouldn’t you know if there was damage, I mean it’s your ears, how in the world would someone online know your body better than you?

Sounds like you have become paranoid, tinnitus may be the least of your worries. I’m just being honest, we’ve known each other for years, hope you don’t take offence. If you smash your ears, you will know it. I mean who doesn’t constantly drop shit, break things, set the car alarm off in the garage by accident, or your dog barks in your ear while you are playing, maybe you trigger the smoke detector making grill cheese.

I find it very strange how the folks at Tinnitus Talk freak out over these little things like they are never going to happen to them. These little sounds will happen in life almost daily, might as well get used to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      It's unlikely Val.

Might be super loud because of your hyperacusis.
      The fullness is probably a result of your ears protective reaction to the unexpected sound.

Happened to me quite a few times without a permanent spike in my tinnitus.

Take some nicotinamide riboside if you can and try to stay as calm as possible.

5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It's possible, but unlikely.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Chances are that this spike will be over in less than three months.

In the future never turn up the volume on your computer...

These things happen and cause spikes that lasts anywhere from hours to months. Sometimes the resulting spikes are permanent. This is the reason we freak out.
      If that is your case, you need to do something about your lifestyle. It IS possible to reduce the frequency with which these things happen (although goes without saying it is impossible to eliminate these things).

• Like Like x 1
    7. annV
      Fine

annV Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown - possibly hereditary
      Well @valeri was worried about some air conditioner noise, those things are not loud. Clearly paranoia runs high among tinnitus sufferers

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      The sound felt like it was irritating his ears. He listened to the signals given to him by his own body, and tried to shield himself from a sound that made him feel bad. What's wrong with that?

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Ann I wasn’t worried about aircon so much because of noise level but more because of low frequency noise that mixes with my tinnitus and creates pressure as if my head will explode.
      This has all started after noise incident at work 18 months ago so my symptoms are real and not related to paranoia.

By the way I have installed Mitsubishi split system, the best thing ever!

These questions I have on other noise incidents may be paranoia but who wouldn’t be paranoid after everything I’ve been through.

We have a saying along the line: once bitten by a snake always scared of even lizards!

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      I know I know.....
      I’m going through a huge spike that I can’t find the resin for so anything will send me into a spin.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Sorry to hear this Val. I hope your ears start feeling better soon. I had that incident I mentioned to you back in September, it is now January) that I am starting to feel a tiny little better. Hang in there.
      Big Hug.
      Once

PS. Some people here will never understand what it is to have low drone/humming tinnitus.

12. Willysolman
      Aggressive

Willysolman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown maybe shout in ear
      Wow man, you just made my day better.

13. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      The replies are mean. Did the OP ever come back?

I agree with never having the volume (speakers or whatever output you use) on, though.

I wish I went by that rule. :( Maybe I am not here then. :(

14. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Did this situation cause any permanent damage? Just experienced the same thing and I'm worried!!

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      No, no permanent damage from that. You will be fine.

• Winner Winner x 1
    16. Eric N

Eric N Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012, 03/2016, 05/2017, 05/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + 3 major increases via (shouting / MRI/ flu+Tylenol)
      This just happened to me last night and it's causing another spike, jerks making loud intros to videos, the one I watched was a rocket launcher as the intro.

17. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I got my tinnitus from computer speakers and accidental high volume that was unexpected and unanticipated. A settings switch from headphones to speaker or line out. Always be extra careful with computer audio settings and speakers. I thought the volume was low and still am not sure what happened. Whatever.

It was the trigger but maybe it came after other noise exposure but it happened after the incident. :-( I have been in hell since.