Mapping Awareness (Google Trends)

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by GregCA, Sep 7, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. GregCA
      Crappy

GregCA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It's not a perfect proxy, but maybe good enough as a first order approximation of it: google trend for tinnitus.

Not particularly encouraging unfortunately.
      TTrend.png

2. Interesting. Two questions:

1) What does that trend look like compared to something like Alzheimer's? (or some other disease/illness/condition of your choice)

2) Do you have the actual data in a spreadsheet?

3. GregCA
      Crappy

GregCA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      1) Why don't you try it? I provided the link in my original message. Alzheimer's curve has a similar first half, but it's trending higher in the second half (recent past), while tinnitus stays relatively flat.

2) No, it's a chart generated by google. It doesn't look like the data can be exported. The unit is not very specific anyway: it looks like it's normalized somehow, because the numbers all look to be between 0 and 100. We can tell, for example, that Alzheimer's trend is about twice as much as Tinnitus', but I don't have the detailed explanation about what those numbers actually mean, so we have to take it with a grain of salt.

4. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      Man Cancer is kicking our ass. I think we have a PR issue. If you look at sites like ATA, they got a bunch of old people sailing and playing gulf. nobody cares about old people, and those old farts looks happy they got T. We need a campaign with a soldier alone in his room "holding his ears", saying "I can still hear the war, ringing in my heard. Please help it stop! ... as a buzz/ring fades out .. paid for my cureTnow.com

hell, we can even pair up with Cancer. I read on a few forums where people on chemo got T. There could be a spot where this young kids all hooked up on a chemo chair where a cap and he say" now I just wish the ringing would stop. as a buzz/ring fades out.

also young pregnant women or just given birth. there seems to be a lot of those postpartum chronic T cases. thats some life threatening stuff right there. someone is not coming out alive from that.

I could be the Don Draper of T if I has a budget.

5. attheedgeofscience
      Uninvolved

attheedgeofscience Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Childhood
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head Injury
      So many thoughts, so little action.

As usual.

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Clever I must say!
      This is what we need, fresh creative ideas that are not hard to realise!

@Markku and @Steve H have you read this post?

7. Foncky
      Doubtful

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An explosion, music, and fate.
      I can make photos, that was part of my previous job. Thought about that before. Like showing people in every day situations (like going to the supermarket or restaurants, playing with kids, etc) with earmuffs on, isolated from other people who don't even know a condition such as hyperacusis exist.

• Like Like x 1
    8. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Maybe do a sample and see wha others think!
      Sounds good though!

9. valeri

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Since the trend is falling I'm wondering if there's a cure we didn't hear about:)

10. GregCA
      Crappy

GregCA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I wish...