Menthol/Cold Sensation in Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by Blue28, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Rob_Born

Rob_Born Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music at a bar
      I have this same icy hot / cold burning sensation in both ears for the past few days after I accidentally dropped my phone on the floor and it made a loud bang. I started TRT for hyperacusis 3 months ago and was slowly improving but now I feel very discouraged. Seems like a big set back and not sure what to do.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Riley922

Riley922 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ, ruptured ear drum, and more
      I am relieved to read these responses because I felt crazy! I thought the first day that maybe it’s because I had too much turmeric! I may have a bit of a cold coming on but here and there, it feels like a cold burn in my ears and even in my throat a touch. As if a cold wind is in there, or I’m breathing in super minty toothpaste! It’s not sore per say when I feel this. Maybe it’s a viral infection?

3. Sandra MCGennity

Sandra MCGennity Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi there, I've been having this cold wet sensation in my left ear for most of 2020 but as you can't see a gp just hoped that it would resolve itself and go away, but it hasn't. I've had tinnitus for over 20+ years and learnt how to live with it.
      Did anyone get an answer from Ent or gp's about this cold wet sensation in our ears.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      Sorry to hear that you are suffering from this too. I never got an answer, although I suspect in my case its probably nerve damage. I don't feel this cold sensation so often now.