Mother's Day Ruined

Discussion in 'Support' started by zombiechick, May 15, 2017.

1. zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      A few weeks ago I noticed a spike in my T, nothing terribly crazy but bothersome none the less.

Two weeks ago I lost my job, I was fired.

I figured this was a good thing, I worked at a donut shop and was eating poorly and thought this be a factor in the spike. The spike is still there and some days it doesn't bother me, the last few nights it has my stomach in knots and has made my panic worse.

My spouse is supportive but there is little he can do. I tell myself that I need to keep it together, I have a son and a job. But I wish I could curl into a ball and cry. I know stress doesn't help but my body can't freak out every time life throws me a curve ball. I will often come to the forum to feel encouraged but it's not really helping lately...

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry to hear your T is spiking. Is stress an issue besides not eating well? Is this affecting your sleep? Perhaps try some masking sounds using a sound pillow. Have you seen an ENT to rule out other problems of the ears? Try to read up more success stories to get a more positive frame of mind about your T. Spikes often settle down to baseline again especially if you can have good sleep and if you can stay positive. It may be hard to do so when your T spike is new, so you need to persevere as best as you can. Good luck. Take care. God bless.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @zombiechick ,
      Sounds like a nervous stomach and everything speeds up and gives us a wobble and ears spike also with it.
      Have time out and some nice treats and maybe find a new job when you feel up to it.
      I'm sure everything will start to settle...

Love glynis

4. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Zombiechick
      I'm so sorry. I know what you mean about curling up in a ball and cry.
      I can say I've noticed certain things that make my T spike. It's crazy, but Ibuprofen cause it to spike, and Turmeric really causes a spike. (crazy because some people use it to help their T)
      I'm glad your Husband is supportive. I'll be praying for you.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      zombiechick
      Probing

zombiechick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication and hearing loss
      @glynis @billie48 @jjflyman thank you for your responses. It's a bit more reasonable tonight. I'm just scared. I've had it bad, real bad and it sent me into a dark place. I don't want to go there again. My son is my light and my life. I adore him and love him with every fiber of my being. It is so important that I keep it together. I stay in control. Tinnitus had threatened to take that from me. When I get insurance again I wanted to check into retraining therapy. Keep myself taken care of for myself and my family.

• Hug Hug x 1