Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by John_415, Mar 7, 2018.

1. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey all,

I just found an alternate treatment with mushrooms based on Chinese Medicine.
      Found it on a German site (use google translate), on the bottom they recommend cordyceps, auricularia, shiitake and reishi:
      https://www.heilenmitpilzen.de/tinnitus.html
      Second German site, here they recommend auricularia, reishi and cordyceps.
      http://www.vitalpilze-naturheilkunde.de/tinnitus-vitalpilze-durchblutung-stress/
      Here is a German forum where someone said his 7-year tinnitus improved by using auricularia, reishi and shiitake:
      http://www.vitalpilzeforum.de/t91-vitalpilze-bei-chronischem-tinnitus
      On the German Amazon site I saw that they sold Auricularia. Here it says they also commonly sell this together with: reishi and cordyceps. Site:
      https://www.amazon.de/Bio-Auricular...F8&qid=1520445342&sr=1-4&keywords=auricularia
      This concludes me to believe a lot of people in Germany are using the former mentioned mushrooms together.

I just started taking all three mushrooms as a suppliment today since my shipment just arrived.. I will be taking about 10 grams of each powder per day. I will post results if there are any on this thread.

If anyone else knows any mushrooms (normal ones not psycedelic ones please) that might help. Do post them here, I might try them as well.

Found an entertaining image on the benefits of cordyceps while scouring the internet. Found it fun to also post here.
      Reishi-Dual-Extract-300x300.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Let me call the mushroom expert, he has plenty of experience when it comes to this topic.

@threefirefour How was your mushroom treatment and it's effect on T?

Did it have any hallucinogenic effects?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Nah just made me taller.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Oh I see ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    6. Wolfears

Wolfears Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 20/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely accoustic trauma
      All depends on the cause of your T.
      If your cause is acoustic trauma, the mushrooms will not help you..but if your T is somehow connected to your inner ear fluid, then cordyceps mushrooms have been proven to help.
      Make sure you prefferably use the ones that have been extracted through both hot water and alcohol solvents...if not then the hot water is fine.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @Wolfears
      Thanks for the response.
      I already took 100grams of cordyceps before (which tastes really good btw) but it had no effect. Im just hoping that if I follow the recepy there might be some synergistic effect. The cordyceps on my packaging states: its (full- spectrum mycelial biomass) 100% organic, I don't know if that extracted or not but it sounds ok.

I am betting on auricularia for it to increase blood circulation.
      You can look for ''Promotes blood circulation and prevents thromboses – Auricularia is the blood thinner of medicinal mushrooms.'' in my source: https://www.heilenmitpilzen.de/auricularia.html
      I am also betting on reishi because it is stated to increase blood oxygen absorption.
      Look for ''significantly improves the blood oxygen absorption'' in my source:
      https://www.mykotroph.com/reishi-en.html

The latter mushrooms both have blood thinning effects so I am betting I should be carefull combining the two.

8. binsonica

binsonica Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      I would highly recommend Lion's Mane mushroom (Hericium Erinaceus). It is well known for nerve growth and brain cell regeneration.

Anyone who is interested about how mushrooms can help people should watch this interview:

There is an interesting story about hearing loss starting at 1:07:00.
      Cheers

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

SugarMagnolia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Bummer for me.

10. mattryp
      Alienated

mattryp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma ~ Wedding Reception
      I would take that statement with a grain of salt. I ordered some Lion's Mane, and am waiting for it to come in, after being led to it from an older post on here. It's powerful stuff... crosses the blood brain barrier, repairs your nerves / nervous system, and I see no reason why it can't work on the auditory nerve as well. It apparently helps with peripheral neuropathy, so it actually repairs the myelin sheath throughout the body. I'm very excited to try this stuff out, to heal from my own acoustic trauma.

@binsonica Thanks for that video, that's the second or third time it's crossed my path when looking into mushroom healing. The hearing loss story was fascinating! I plan on watching the whole thing tonight.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. binsonica

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      @mattryp Yeah that video is awesome! I took my first Lion's mane pill last night and I really felt it. My head was all warm and I felt a bit dizzy. I'll see how it goes with the next one...

• Like Like x 1
    12. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I did read that it is a nootropic, so even if it doesn't help my ear, it may be good for my brain.

@mattryp ~ I will be interested in your experiences with Lion's Mane.

• Like Like x 1
    13. mattryp
      Alienated

mattryp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma ~ Wedding Reception
      @John_415 It was actually your post on the 'What Could One Do to Promote Nerve Repair' thread that inspired me to go down the medicinal mushroom rabbit hole, so thanks man, I really appreciate it. I have some Lion's Mane on the way, and am now looking into Reishi as well. I think this is the right path, and hope it works for us both.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @mattryp
      No problem man, good to have helped someone here.
      Reishi is great, it helps against anxiety and promotes sleep. Im taking that for about 2 years now. In high doses over long periods of time you get mild side effects. The side effects are countered by taking some vitamin C at the same time. Here is my thread on reishi:
      www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/has-anyone-here-tried-reishi-mushroom-powder.26651/#post-305725

If Lion's mane works as its promoted on Braintropic I would even just take it for the mental focus improvement. It will aid me in my school study. The NGF factor is also very nice. Im thinking about taking this one long term, if they have effect and if... I can finally get some shipments of it, they keep getting canceled or delayed.

@binsonica
      Interesting video, I would be interessted to hear what happens if you take Psilocybin.
      You already felt the effect with 1 pill? In a couple days I will have 500grams of fresh Lion's mane, I wonder how it tastes, and I bet I should just take a small bite per day and not eat the whole thing in one go then:þ

• Like Like x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Like Like x 3
    16. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Looks tasty. I eat shitake mushrooms a lot. I saute them with my other veggies. I never thought of roasting them in the oven. I'll have to give it a try.

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Have fun, be sure to buy a big bagfull because they tend to shrink quite a lot when you bake them.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      To post an update:
      Auricularia seems to be a really rare find.
      I could only order 100grams of powder from one webshop. Two other orders from different webshops have been canceled because its out of stock. I guess I will buy the more expensive capsule format after all these delays.
      Reishi is really good to calm the nerves btw. I can recommend that one.

19. David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress, benzo/clonozepam + clonidine, maybe infection
      When I took Lion's Mane for several days I felt pains(tingling, stabbing, nerve pain) in all my body for a whole week.

20. binsonica

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      That's interesting? Did you continue to take it? I felt dizzy and my head was all warm for the first few days but now I don't feel anything anymore.

21. SugarMagnolia
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is why I'm almost as leery of supplements as I am of pharmaceuticals. Just because they're natural doesn't mean they don't have side effects.

22. David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No, I stopped to take it on day 3. How long you taking it? Maybe its possible that this mooshrum can cure tinnitus that caused by hearing nerve damage(if you think this is your case).

23. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      I've been taking lion's mane powder extract for close to a month now and just re-ordered another container. My tinnitus is gradually getting better each week, but it's difficult to directly link that to the lion's mane extract, as I'm taking other supplements too. It's worth giving it a go for at least a month though, for me anyway. Btw - I haven't noticed any negative side effects.

• Like Like x 1
    24. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Don't get me started on mushrooms :ROFL::eek:.
      When I was a teenager I was given a mug of tea made from magic mushrooms without my knowing by my boyfriends brother....OMG!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    25. davidamee86
      Breezy

davidamee86 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Road Accident
      Hi, might give lions mane a try. What type did you take? I see they sell tablets and a 10ml extract of it here in Ireland.

26. housemzk

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1
    27. binsonica

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck treatment
      I've been taking mine for 2 or maybe 3 weeks. But I think the pill dosage is way to low.
      I think it is possible,but I suppose only if the nerve is not hardly damaged and I think you need to be very persistent and it takes a lot of time. When people tell me that nerves can't be regenerated I always take it with a grain of salt. My friend's father had a tractor accident where he almost lost his arm. He couldn't move his whole arm (from shoulder down) and the doctors told him that he will never be able to move it again because the nerves were ripped apart. There was only a tiny light thread of nerves left undamaged and he was persistent with exercises and after 2 years he could move his little finger. Now after 20 years his hand is completely healthy and he can do everything with it. I know it is not the same as nerves inside your head but I think it counts.

What is your daily dosage? I think mine is way to small. One capsule contains 1 gram of dried mushrooms and it says I should take two a day. In my opinion that's nothing! It is like eating cca 15 grams of fresh mushrooms.

28. David077
      Creative

David077 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Which other supplements you taking?

29. housemzk

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @David077 - NAC, Theanine, Choline, Zinc Picolinate, Resveratrol, Turmeric extract, Monolaurin, Magnesium Glycinate, Ginkgo Biloba, Omega 3 fish oil, and ashwagandha.

@binsonica - I'm taking 2 grams.

30. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Lion's maine, I am taking that one as well.
      I really don't like the supllement pills, they are 3x the price compared to the powder.
      I have 300grams of powder extract which tastes good with orange juice.
      Next friday I will have one shipment of 500grams of fresh Lion's Mane (In Dutch pruikzwam) coming in. Il bake it and eat it with a recepy.
      Last 2 times I ate 250 grams of it at dinner and I slept really well after that. No other effects noted at this time.
      IMG_2454.jpg
      Here is my dosage:D

About cooking it:
      I tried this recepy:
      http://www.ourochreway.com/lobster-of-the-woods-cooking-lions-mane-mushroom/
      It just says: chuck in pan with garlic and some salt and pepper.
      It turned out a bit so-so, bit soggy bit crispy, like shown in the recepy.

Next friday il try this recepy:
      http://www.randwich.es/blog/2015/10/19/pan-fried-lions-mane-mushroom
      To put it simply it says: bake out the water first. Then bake in butter, put salt pepper on it and its done.
      If all goes well it should taste like crab and look like so (excuse the gigantic images, I don't know how to make them smaller):
      ?format=500w.jpg ?format=500w.jpg

I also found this blogpost about someone who uses a lot of Lion's mane and went really deep in researching it: http://www.supernutritionlife.com/lions-mane-mushroom-experiences-hericium-erinaceus/
      He states 2 study's in which it promoted healing of the peripheral nervous system (1) (2)
      There is also a study on it improving sleep quality: link

Also on that page there are tips on how to increase Lion’s Mane bioavailability by things like eating it with dark chocolate because that increases brain blood flow. Making it bioavailable is a big thing to make it work he states.

Il be doing some longer term testing with Lion's mane (like.. at dinner;)) al for science of course;)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1