Music at the Yoga Class or Anxiety Causing My Tinnitus Spike?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Striveon, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm taking a yoga class. I'm required to take it as part of my generals, and the yoga class plays music.

The music has two tones, the first tone, I am fine with. The second one is a piano which gets loud, I'm not sure if I know how to estimate decibels, but I feel like it reaches around 80 dB. I'm not sure.

The class is an hour and 50 minutes long.

I'm currently spiking and struggling at the moment :(

Could it be my anxiety or is it the music?

I'm phonophobic, I'm not sure if I am hearing it a little too loud than what it actually is, or if I'm being exposed to dangerous levels??

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      So sorry to hear this, @Striveon, yoga is supposed to help us relax and experience calmness.:huganimation:

I am wondering, is it at all possible for you to wear ear plugs to yoga class?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm worried this will be permanent :( I think I should wear ear plugs :/ I'm worried if the music did damage to the ears.

4. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I think you should wear earplugs, too. This will help to keep your anxiety lower, hopefully. Do you think the yoga instructor would lower the music, if you were to ask her?

I understand your concerns Striveon, please try to remain at ease. When is your next class? Will you have the opportunity to speak with your instructor beforehand? Do let her know about your tinnitus, chances are she will be very understanding.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm going to wear earplugs, i just hope this spike subsides soon! :(

• Hug Hug x 1