MuteButton

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Jim, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      I concur. I suspect that they will not risk releasing this on the U.K. and Ireland market before release in America in case it garners a glut of negative reviews on all the tinnitus forums and puts off potentially millions of buyers in America. If this is the case it raises a serious red flag about their lack of faith in this holding up to scrutiny en mass.

If they really believed in this device then getting positive reviews from the U.K. and EU market would only help their sales in America.

• Agree Agree x 4
    2. Bam

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Hopefully a load of insight from Minnesota. More likely just the fact that he’s American rather than Irish and they can send him on stage at these conferences and people can actually understand what he’s saying.

• Funny Funny x 7
    3. jmasterj
      No Mood

jmasterj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic?
      Eh, I don't know about that. I have spoken to Hubert and he seems genuinely interested in helping people and if he didn't believe in the product I don't think he would sign on with them. I know money talks, but I didn't get that impression from him.

• Like Like x 3
    4. Bam

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Mate it was a joke. Of course that’s not why they employed him.

5. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I felt the same way about the interview. I understand being cautious but every word seemed to be chosen very carefully as if he were an attorney. Imagine what it would be like if he had a 100% slamdunk effective device on his hands. The interview would have had a much different tone.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      People who think there is ever such a thing as a 100% slamdunk device are engaging in unrealistic magical thinking. You really should temper your definition of what constitutes a successful or useful device. I mean, this thread is a litmust test for glass-half-full and glass-half-empty mentalities.

• Agree Agree x 11
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I wasn't necessarily referring to a specific Tinnitus device but rather a hypothetical device that the designer has significant confidence in. When Steve Jobs presented new products it wasn't done in a defensive manner. It was done in a way that inspired confidence in the product.

8. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      That's maybe because Steve Jobs had first built confidence through a track record of umpteen successful launches, and creating a multibillion-dollar company. Plus he had a narcissistic personality to boot.

Do you really not see how the situation of Steve Jobs differs from the situation of Ross O'Neill (or any hypothetical medtech CEO, because of course you can't possibly be referring to Neuromod with your incessant criticism and FUD)?

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      On the other hand it could be seen as being professional. They don’t want to imply they’ve got a product in store that is guaranteed to be going to cure your tinnitus and they also don’t want to undermine the peer review process by talking too much in detail about the results. What they did was touch the data they’ve received and gave a brief insight to what it’s about.

Also, as it’s already been stated, an Irish and EU release date is planned first, followed by USA. Of course it would raise a red flag if it was a worldwide (USA and EU) release, but they have said that’s not the case and it’ll be released in EU first.

It could be just that a majority of these conferences are held in USA, with USA being the country that normally leads the way in research.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL, ETD and work stress
      Neuromod never purported this to be a 100% cure. That would be a wonderful outcome, of course, but I don't think it'd be one to expect with this technology at this stage.

You can't compare consumer technology launches to a medical device. They are in very different industries. How would you feel if you went into your bank and they had clowns making inflatable balloons? Probably not very confident in giving them your money. Neuromod want to give a fair and balanced review based on their samples. 500 odd users is still small compared to the overall size of tinnitus sufferers.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 2
    11. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Or it’s just logistical. Conferences tend to happen at certain times of the year for industries. Probably just planned to be in the United States and stay there for a short time rather than flying back and forth. People reading into all this wayyyy to much.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      They're also nursing the PR debacle of overhyping MuteButton. This is why the very first part of the Q&A video was a mea culpa.

• Like Like x 1
    13. AliceW

AliceW Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - loud noise
      Dr. Ross O’Neill said in the interview they would release the device first in Ireland, then in other EU countries and finally in the US...

• Like Like x 1
    14. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      @Markku, did you get a reply from Neuromod? They are taking their time, aren't they?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    15. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      After the next conference at the end of this month, I reckon we will hear some news. They may be able to publish what they’ve been presenting at these conferences, what y'all reckon? Time to spill the beans to the public?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      I don’t know what the hold up is but hopefully they give us some information soon. It is apparent that the Q1 release isn't happening. :/

17. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I wonder how many other Tinnitus Talk members' relationships are like this right now.

upload_2019-3-21_16-18-44.png

• Funny Funny x 8
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    18. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do they have FDA approval yet though? I googled and I can't see that they do. When they release their market will initially be Europe, if there's no FDA approval yet. FDA usually require better data/information than the EU for devices.

19. Johannes9090

Johannes9090 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sound trauma
      Maybe it’s not a cure for people who have loud tinnitus and bad hearing loss. But maybe with a quiet tinnitus it can be 100% cured. Who knows?

• Agree Agree x 2
    20. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      OK perhaps it's not a cure. But what else can we expect? Reduction of tinnitus loudness? This is what we want. I don't need a habituation device. They will probably offer it for 3500€ or so, but what exactly they offer as the probability of success?

I still didn’t get that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    21. GamesB2
      No Mood

GamesB2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      uknown
      They stated 80% of people reported an improvement and around 66% showed a clinically signifcant improvement.

Leaving your odds somewhere between 1 in 5 and 1 in 3 that it doesn't help.

Side note: I know this thread is ridiculously long and the Q&A is over an hour (from what I remember) but it answers a lot of basic questions that keep cropping up, not singling you or anyone else out specifically, I just keep seeing the same stuff being asked.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    22. GlennS

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I am hoping it's under 3000€ for...um...reasons.

• Funny Funny x 4
    23. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      @Bndsmheowqhe what is your problem?

Your posts go beyond skepticism and enter sadistic and pessimistic. I hate reading this thread because anytime someone makes a positive post about something you jump in. State that you have reservations about the product and move on. Anytime someone tries to be optimistic you jump in with some personal theories and opinions and rain all over their parade.

We get it, you're skeptical and think this is sketchy and will fail. We got that already. We got that after your first 3 posts here.

Can you please stop posting such negative stuff unless you have some scientific facts to disprove someone’s statements?

I don’t mind you posting in this thread, but your constant negativity is killing this thread.

• Agree Agree x 12
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
    24. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If you got a used Neuromod off eBay...

...would you buy a new Tongue Tip? Or would you be OK with a complete stranger's saliva on your tongue?

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    25. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree, I keep watching this thread daily because I'm hoping to hear some news about the research or the release or to learn something new about the product. While it may turn out this is not as good as we'd hoped, let's not discount the product before it's had a fair chance.

• Agree Agree x 3
    26. The staff agrees. We have now banned him from this thread. He is not welcome to participate in this until the device has been launched.

As per Tinnitus Talk policy;

"Disagreement is natural, and if kindly expressed, will be allowed. The staff, however, reserves the right to limit negative criticisms in a thread. What constitutes negative criticisms will be determined by the staff.

Those posting excessive negative criticisms will be banned from a thread. Repeated violations may result in an indefinite suspension from the forum."​

• Winner Winner x 7
      • Like Like x 6
      • Hug Hug x 1
    27. GSC
      Wishful

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      People partake in BDSM, slap each other's asscheeks, kiss each other's glory holes, make out, have the horizontal leap frog on a daily basis, sometimes twice a day - with nasty ass food sometimes. Of course I'll be plenty of fine with a little spit on my spit.

EDIT: WHY AM I IN HERE. THIS IS SO SHAMEFUL AND EMBARRASSING. AAAAAAAAA...

EDIT 2: okay but me when I have a used Neuromod knowing full well it's tickled someone else's tongue, because I'm desperate for a reduction:

Dwa0zILUcAEY6qm.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    28. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Have you ever eaten in a restaurant? You do realize that the silverware has been in thousands of other people's mouths right?

Next time you stick a salad fork in your mouth at a restaurant just imagine the grossest, plaqued out, rotten teeth, canker sore, herpes infested mouth in the world getting that fork before you.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Genius Genius x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    29. Tanni
      Devilish

Tanni Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ???
      When I first read this, I thought you'd accidentally posted a private email! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 6
    30. Drone Draper
      Jaded

Drone Draper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      BRB, eating all meals with my hands from now on. Fabrikat said the original Tongue Tip needed to be replaced every few months at a cost of 90 Euros. Hopefully this will be clear with the product launch.

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1